• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Numero Uno Articuno (412)

JudySpell

Banned
So Ash had the chance to select which Pokemon of Noland's he'd challenge?? I wish Noland had actually owned Articuno though. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked seeing a wild Articuno again and how fast Scott drove his car as well. The Battle Factory looked cool, but it was too bad that the rules were different and that Noland was essentially just a tougher gym leader. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Noland's Articuno was amazing and it was good to see Charizard again. I thought the part where Max was riding in the plane with Noland while racing Articuno was funny. Meowth's Boss Fantasy was hilarious.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I loved the fact that Noland allowed Ash to choose what Pokemon he would be battling against, just like how they do it in the games. Also, I liked how Noland was friends with Articuno, but didn't actually own it.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lol, apparently. So if I had been Ash here, I would've picked some weaker Pokemon of Noland's. ;)

Well I thought that Ash choosing to battle against Articuno was a predictable decision on his part cuz of how he always prefers tough challenges to test his skills.

What I would have liked to see was the Battle Factory keep the rental rules from Emerald instead of what we got instead. Articuno being Noland's friend was cool, but I think it gave Noland such an unfair advantage in battles.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Nyasu's fantasy about using Freezer to keep Sakaki cool was disturbing, and so was Enishida's manic driving. What I appreciated about Datsura in the anime was that unlike his game persona, he was approachable. Speaking of that, Satoshi bringing Lizardon back to fight Datsura's Freezer at the Battle Factory was smart of him.

Vipsoccermaster

It was awesome to see Articuno here. Being that it is a wild legendary, even though considered a friend of Noland, it was interesting to have it obey Noland's commands. But Noland treating Articuno's injured wing made trust him more. They also enjoy plane races and training. Ash choosing Articuno to battle may seem out of his league, but his reasoning for that was to give himself a challenge to test his skills against strong trainers and Pokémon, especially a legendary, like Articuno. And great to see Charizard again at the end.

Scott, you crazy driver! It's not safe to drive like that, but this is the anime, so whatever.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Being that it is a wild legendary, even though considered a friend of Noland, it was interesting to have it obey Noland's commands.

I kind of wanted Datsura to own Freezer rather than him simply befriending it, though. It just seemed like it would've publicized Datsura's skills as a Frontier Brain more if he owned a Legendary, much like how Jindai owning three Legendaries made him seem like a powerful opponent.

Zamin

This was an awesome episode, it was great to see an Articuno and Noland seems like a cool guy.

Team Rocket's plan got foiled again, as per usual. I loved it when Charizard returned at the end, I thought Ash would have battled with his Pikachu.

I can't wait to see the next episode now.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I loved it when Charizard returned at the end, I thought Ash would have battled with his Pikachu.

In hindsight, Satoshi hypothetically deciding to use his Pikachu against Datsura and Freezer would've made just as much sense as him using Lizardon given that both Pikachu and Lizardon had a type advantage against Freezer. It's almost like Satoshi didn't even need to bring Lizardon back.

Daizy

I call you honey
This was a pretty good episode and I enjoyed getting to see Scott again. Most of all, I liked how Ash picked Articuno to battle against, and how he chose to use Charizard.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Given that the Battle Factory in the games involved renting Datsura's Pokemon, I sort of wish that Satoshi had done that here as well, in addition to using his Lizardon.

It was great seeing Ash's old pal Charizard battling again and he showed that he's been continuing to gain skills without Ash's help. I was trying to figure out which attack he was going to launch when he began shining like that and was stunned to discover it was Overheat. I don't remember Ash's Torkoal glowing like that when he used Overheat.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I was trying to figure out which attack he was going to launch when he began shining like that and was stunned to discover it was Overheat. I don't remember Ash's Torkoal glowing like that when he used Overheat.

The glow seemed like an artistic decision to make Lizardon's Overheat look more special. That, or it was just an animation upgrade like Bubblebeam received.

Cloudfinity

I really enjoyed both parts of the Battle Factory. Noland was a great guest character, and I'm warming up to Scott. It was great to see Charizard again, and I liked seeing him roast Ash again. LOL :) Team Rocket was pretty good in this episode too, and I liked the comments about James's hair color.

BATTLE FRONTIER! LOVE THIS OP!!!!!
CHARIZARD IS BACK!!!! CHARIZARD VS ARTICUNO NEXT!!!!!!