• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Numero Uno Articuno (412)

Atari

Did it on 'em
Yip, there's not really much to say about this episode. In my opinian, Scott's voice was a little on the bad-dub side. Jynx joke - 100%, Charizard - 109%. :p Oh yeah, Noland appearing was good, but what I still havn't gotten was why he is the only one shown lined up with the Frontier Brains in the Advance Battle start-up theme song? ~ Yes, I sould have asked that a long time ago... So, for me, the overall rating would probably be around 9.5943/10

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Good points about the episode:

- Ash remembered Articuno! Continuity! May had to look it up in her cream colored Pokedex

- Brock said he'd ditch the "children" in a second to stay with Nurse Joy. :D

- 4kids made a joke about Jynx. James goes, "Careful, don't Jynx it!" and Meowth adds, "Yeah, let's leave Jynx out of this."

LMAO, they must have known that KidsWB delayed the Contest episodes. :D

- Charizard showing up at the very end thanks to the phone call.

- The Noland/Articuno backstory was pretty well done

- Random Pokemon! Sandslash, Rhyhorn and the rest of those whatyoumightcallthempokes.

V Faction

www.faction.com
~*SeijisSeviper*~ said:
Oh yeah, Noland appearing was good, but what I still havn't gotten was why he is the only one shown lined up with the Frontier Brains in the Advance Battle start-up theme song? ~ Yes, I sould have asked that a long time ago...
An error on the part of 4Kids! when they made the opening. The Brains are supposed to be revealed one by one, but only after Ash wins against them. 4Kids! started the Advance Battle opening way back when we were still in Hoenn, so Noland's debut was a long time coming. What remains to be seen is if 4Kids! or PUSA will alter the opening appropriately.

Medea

Excalibur
Well, this episode was alright. Now something that really got me laughing was Scott. Man, I thought Professor Birch was a crazy driver, but Scott is just something else. And everyone all knocked out and Scott saying, "Did I forget to put on deoderant?" Too funny!

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
The Big Al said:
I think they editted Munchlax to not have it incased in ice.
You might be confusing this with the scene in the 8th movie where Munchlax is frozen by Manyula in a dark room. I don't believe Munchy was originally frozen in this episode, even if it deserved to be.

Twas a nice introductory episodes. It takes a bit of time and stress off the actual battle episode, so it's too bad we won't be seeing another one of these for the next few Frontier Brains.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Good episode. I liked Noland, he didn't come off as annoying like I had expected. The Articuno story was done well and not half-baked, either. The humor in this episode was very funny too, especially the lines about Jynx and Scott's deodorant.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a great episode. Articuno was amazing and it was good to see Charizard again. Noland was cool. Articuno, too. I thought the part where Max was riding in the plane with Noland while racing Articuno was funny. Meowth's Boss Fantasy was hilarious. Also, if I was Ash, I'd battle Articuno because it's not everyday you get to battle a legendary pokemon.

E

Ethereal

Heh. I liked this episode. Scott's driving? Awesome. XD Ash's expression while riding in the car was just priceless. Lol.

It was also interesting to see how the anime made Articuno about 80 feet taller than it was supposed to be. :)

Speaking of 'cuno, it was cool the way it got rid of Team Rocket. I'm amazed by stupid things, I know.

It was also (admittedly) cool to see Charizard return. When it blew fire on Ash, I couldn't help but smile and giggle, as memories of my younger days watching the anime came back. I feel so old. ;_;

"I had to make a phone call." For some reason, that line bugged the crap out of me for the rest of this, and for the entire length of "The Symbol Life". Meh.

10/10

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
Here's what I have to say about this eppy:
1:Scott's driving! We need to have a contest between him and Prof. Birch. Those two would give NASCAR racers a run for their money.LOL
2:"Did I forget to put on deodarent?" LOL X1000!
3:Noland's introductory pretty good, but
4:HELLO NOLAND's ASSISTANT!!!!!!!!! Forgot his name, but he is definantly going on my hot anime guys list!

S.Suikun

chosen_one386 said:
4:HELLO NOLAND's ASSISTANT!!!!!!!!! Forgot his name, but he is definantly going on my hot anime guys list!
Sergio. His Japanese name was Sugio, so I saw that one coming from a mile away.

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
I have to say that the Articuno that Factory Head Noland had would be perfect if it was in a Pokémon Contest. Look at the way that the wings glittered with white snowflakes when it was sent out . . . and remember when it used Ice Beam, then Water Pulse to create that Hail attack? That was so cool and if something like that happened in a Contest, I would watch the thing over and over again.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Finally I got to see Noland in America. He sounded perfect...looked as good as ever. Why can't I meet a guy like that IRL? lol

Was it me, or did the starters' attacks not even hit Noland's tank?

S.Suikun

V Faction said:
Up his butt! ...Where else?

Then we could effectively call Ash a smart-ass.
The fact that this is the Knowledge Symbol makes that all the more appropriate...or wrong.

Crystal Clair

Sugio was hot but Datsura was really cute! *_* especially with those goggles on!
I just love Articuno but I liked it's cry better during the Johto saga. It sounded more "icy". Now it's just ordinary.
Call me a crybaby but when Articuno landed on Datsura's plane, I blinked back tears. I love sappy Pokemon/human friendship
During the part where Gonbe was eating the Pokeblocks, he runs off with the Pokeblocks. But Max says , "Munchlax is getting away!" Not only was he getting away but he was also stealing the Pokeblocks!
Sorry, that just bugged me
Was it just me or did Charizard sound like a cat with his mwaring?
This ep was good because of Datsu and Articuno. I give it a 7/10
It really bugged me when Max and May were like, "So are you gonna choose Venusaur or Machamp or whatever?" And I was like "OMG they are liek soo baka! Of course Ash'll choose the legendary Pogey!"
That seriously bugged me for some reason even though it's part of entertainment. A "surprise".