• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

crezz

moonlight walk
i decided to start a nuzlocke challenge on Emerald, my rules is the easy-mode ones ;p

so far i've beaten Roxanne, and on my way to Dewford town
my team

alive

Rooster the ;256;
bass the ;293;

PC
lupine the ;261;
bugegr the ;265;

dead
bubbles the ;183;
mystic the ;265;
sailormate ;278;

Last edited:

SEGludian

Hi, I decided to try a Nuzlocke challenge on Ruby. I was only going by the original rules. So I can power level, use the pokemon center, buy whatever I want, and keep duplicates should they appear. I started out by choosing a Mudkip I named Morty. Next was a Wurmple named Skippy, and after that a Wingull named Trigger, and a Zigzagoon named Xavier. I decided that if I was going to win the Elite four without revives (I usually bring about 40 of them), I would need to have my team at level 60 instead of the usual level 50 that I try for. This meant an extra five levels for every gym plus some extra at the end. Roxanne didn't present many problems. Once I got to Dewford, I picked up a Magikarp I nicknamed Typhoon and a Makuhita named Biceps. I was unsure of the rules and eventually decided that the whole cave counted not just the floor so the extra aron & crew I caught were never used.

So, there I am power leveling in the dark of granite cave, trying to get everyone, but especially Typhoon to level 20 so he can evolve into an actually useful Gyrados. An Aron appears, switch to Morty the mudkip who is already weakened. Instead of water gun I accidentally hit Bide. As you might guess, Morty died. I felt awful. A good Swampert can solo the elite four. So my starter is the first casualty. He was level 15 too, one level before evolving. Why did I let him learn Bide?

Eventually, I gave Typhoon whatever Rare Candy I had (thanks Xavier) and he evolved and I went and smashed the fighting gym and headed on.

Along the way I got Conan the Zangoose (lucky), Homer the Numel, Draco the Trapinch (also lucky), and Dudley the Spheal as well as a bunch of others. I did stop catching Tentacools after I got three or so and tried to remember to fish on new routes instead. I wasn't sure how the Fossil counted so I just didn't revive it.

The next set of deaths were just stupidity on my part. I was power leveling by visiting Gabby & Tye over and over. I had Typhoon and Homer on my team. Typhoon has hidden power fighting. Homer has Earthquake. I think Homer is faster and I know Typhoon is. Turns out Homer isn't faster. Hidden power fighting hurt, but not enough to stop Magneton from using Thunderbolt. Come on Typhoon, you're at full health, just stay around with one HP. Nope, he died. If I had used Dive he would have lived. He was with me up to level 47. That hurt a lot. You would think I would learn from that wouldn't you. Nope, next was Trigger and Homer, and the same thing happens. Trigger was my flier, he was with me until level 46. That also hurt. I could have used Fly there too. I had Salty another backup wingull. I used him as a flier. He switched in while Homer was using Earthquake (didn't want to hurt the others), and Salty died. I now have no flyer. Eventually I make it to the undersea area and catch Sonar the Zubat. It turns out he can't learn fly until Crobat, that took a while.

The next casualty, I am in the Sootopolis cave. I decide to just KO Groudon. Biceps is up front, he is doing well. He's almost got Groudon down for the count. Groudon has weakened him with Fire Blast a couple of times, he can still take at least one more. Should I switch him out, no, he can do it. Groudon uses Earthquake instead of Bulk Up/Fire Blast. Biceps dies. Fighting moves are super effective against both Dark and Ice, Biceps was going to solo at least two of the Elite four and lay some hurt on the Champion. Now he is gone. He was level 51.

Eventually I get everyone on my team to level 57+ and use the 18 Rare Candies Xavier picked up along to the way to get everyone to level 60+. Dudley the Walerine and Conan the Zangoose got a little extra. I expected Homer, and Draco to be of minimal use, and Sonar and Xavier to be largely useless. I was expecting Conan and Dudley to do most of the work. Conan got several TM's: Return, Shadow Ball, and Brick Break. Dudley got Ice Beam. Everything was going quite well until the Champion. We have Homer against Metagross. Homer uses Earthquake, Metagross uses Earthquake. Metagross is faster, Homer barely survives and returns the favor. Metagross barely survives. I switch out to Sonar thinking I can just bite him to death. Sonar heals Homer, the Champion heals Metagross. Sonar annoys Metagross for a while. Sonar dies. Homer revenge kills Metagross and Conan finishes off the rest.

I win, but I let six die to get me that far. It is a hollow victory indeed. If I do this again, I'll have to do it on a different game, probably Fire Red.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Ahhhhrgh. Stupid rival took down two of my pokemon that took ages to level. They weren't the most tragic loses, but it was bad all the same. I can't be bothered to train two new pokemon for the elite four, so maybe I'll catch some stuff in Victory Road.

Team:

;003; (BIG SOLAR)
Level 45
Razor Leaf
Leech Seed
Body Slam
Toxic

;034; (MR.BUNNY)
Level 46
Blizzard
Earthquake
Surf
Strength

;135; (EMPLOYEE)
Level 45
Thunderbolt
Thundershock
Thunderwave
Double Kick

;091; (LACKEY)
Level 53
Surf
Ice Beam
Clamp
Tri-Attack

Reserve:

Some stuff.

Dead:

;093; (XMAS PARTY)
Level 45
Mega Drain
Psychic
Night Shade
Hypnosis

;022; (FEEDBACK)
Level 19-45
Drill Peck
Fury Attack
Fly
Mirror Move

;064; (CEO)
Level 10-41
Psychic
Psybeam
Recover
Seismic Toss

;050; (ADVERTISE)
Level 18-25
Dig
Scratch
Sand Attack

Last edited:

crezz

moonlight walk
i thought i'd make an update on my team! so atm i'm in fallarbor town, but alot has happened on the way, i caught a electrike, and named him Ionic, i trained rooster and ionic to lv. 24, i then encountered May and beat her with relative ease, unfortunately Bass dided to a low kick from a machop (i was looking forward to a Exploud). I eventually reached Mauville and caught a oddish and named it Emochild, Ionic evolved to Manectric. i trained them all to lv. 27 and encountered wattson, unfortunately Rooster died in the fight :(. but i got my badge and went on to fallarbor town on the way i caught a Numel and 2 slugmas, i decided to name the 2 slugmas escargo, and steady the numel was called Hotspot, i trained hotspot but on the way it fell to a selfdestructing koffing (i sadfaced) i'm now on the way to face team Magma with a team of Ionic the manectric lv. 29 and emochild the gloom lv. 29

crezz

moonlight walk
i thought i'd make an update on my team! so atm i'm in fallarbor town, but alot has happened on the way, i caught a electrike, and named him Ionic, i trained rooster and ionic to lv. 24, i then encountered May and beat her with relative ease, unfortunately Bass dided to a low kick from a machop (i was looking forward to a Exploud). I eventually reached Mauville and caught a oddish and named it Emochild, Ionic evolved to Manectric. i trained them all to lv. 27 and encountered wattson, unfortunately Rooster died in the fight :(. but i got my badge and went on to fallarbor town on the way i caught a Numel and 2 slugmas, i decided to name the 2 slugmas escargo, and steady the numel was called Hotspot, i trained hotspot but on the way it fell to a selfdestructing koffing (i sadfaced) i'm now on the way to face team Magma with a team of Ionic the manectric lv. 29 and emochild the gloom lv. 29

MKFC

Shade of Blue
NUZLOCKE RUBY CHALLENGE, PART II

While we continued grinding Tequila, she learned Poison Sting, and later evolved into a Cascoon. We continued through Route 102, beating trainers along the way, until we reached Petalburg City. After going to the Gym and helping Wally catch a Ralts (damn I wish I could've caught one ;_; ), we went back to Route 102 to train a little bit. During this training session, Kane reached lv. 10 and learned Ember. Tequila also managed to reach lv. 9. After this session, we decided to head to Route 104.

As soon as we headed onto Route 104, we were ambushed by a Zigzagoon, which was caught effortlessly thanks to Kane. I decided to name him Shikari. (because of Enter Shikari, obvious. Seriously, Enter Shikari are an AWESOME band.) We went back to Petalburg to heal and then decided to train Shikari on Route 104, which is where we are at the moment.

PARTY:

Kane ;255; lv. 10
Serious
-Scratch
-Growl
-Focus Energy
-Ember

Tequila ;268; lv. 9
Calm
-Tackle
-String Shot
-Poison Sting
-Harden

Shikari ;263; lv. 5
Hardy
-Tackle
-Growl
-Tail Whip

BACKUP:
N/A

DEAD:
N/A

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Emerald Nuzlocke 2.0

Team
;259;Frost lvl 26
;302; Cruella lvl 23
;309; AridSpark lvl 23
;322; Pepper lvl 23
;333; Mellow lvl 16

Reserves
;261;Nipper lvl 5
;278; Demento lvl 3
;285; Han-Soil lvl 5
;267; Weldar lvl 11
;293; Radio lvl 7
;263;Muffin lvl 3
;043; BudBud lvl 14
;066; Cornmel lvl 18
;327; Sqiggle lvl 15

Dead Box: none
;276;Mimi lvl 19

haven't done much on my Nuzlocke as ive been busy with Fire Red, maybe leaf green will be my next Nuzlocke.

Route 113 does not like me much, not only did i almost lose Arid to a Trainer, but as expected my pokemon for the route is spinda X_x. The Spinda's new name is squiggle. managed to get everyone upto lvl 23 with frost going to 26. I healed in Fallabor town and then went and caught a Swablu in route 114, named Mellow, lvl 16. next time i'll lvl up mellow, and head off into Meteor Falls.

Also, i have to head back and get the Soot Sack. Missed it while in a rush to go heal my team.

Last edited:

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
I haven't finished my Red Nuzlocke yet, but I'm waiting for a long car journey for me to do all the leveling on. Which means it's time to start my XD nuzlocke!

I'm still wondering what I should use for the second rule though...

Some minor updates.

Got Scooter up to 16 and headed towards Eterna Forest, catching a Shellos named Foghat along the way. Battled the trainers, got into the forest, and caught myself a nice Gastly who I named Lil Sparta. Battled through the forest, caught a Cascoon, got Cut, healed, then went to catch my next Pokemon.

I ended up catching an awesome Zubat (who I named Trollbat) on Rt 211, though I was hoping for a Meditite. I went into Mt. Coronet, hoping to catch a Meditite, and ended up catching a Nosepass, who I named Mustachia. I put Lil Sparta in the PC, leveled up Mustachia, and now I'm training up the team to 25 to battle the gym. Hopefully I don't get my arse kicked.

Eh, at least I finally have some backup Pokemon in the PC. x-x

The team right now:
-;388; Metroplex - Lv 18
-;404; Simba - Lv 18
-;077; Harmony - Lv 18
-;418; Scooter - Lv 18
-;476; Mustachia - lV 15
-;041; Trollbat - Lv 15

PC:
-;092; Lil Sparta - Lv 17
-;268; Dmoth - Lv 12
-;422; Foghat - Lv 10

Dead:
-;396; Muku - Lv 2
-;400; Lola - Lv 16

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
I'm going to start a Nuzlocke Challenge in Pokemon Platinum right now. I am not a fan of the releasing aspect or the no items rules, so I made my own set of rules. They are as follows.

1- If a Pokemon Faints it is incapacitated and put in a box marked "RIP".
2- When you enter an area you must capture the first pokemon you encounter. If you fail to capture it, you must wait until you return to capture something from that area. Shinies are excused from this rule if you run into one after you meet your limit.
3- All pokemon must be nicknamed on the spot.
4- Master Ball is to be used for the Box Legend only.
5- You can not run. You must fight everything.
6- If your team is whiped out and you black out, you can pick two pokemon from your current team to "survive" and the others are deposited. (this is to prevent you from having to restart or use all underleveld things)
7- You may capture the same pokemon as many times as you like (if you run into it first), however you cannont use the same pokemon on your team at the same time. AKA Species Clause inforced.
8- If a Pokemon faints while holding an item, you lose the item as well.
9- You can use potions as much as you like, however Revives are forbidden. Also Rare Candies and vitamins must be saved till after the challenge.
10- Pokemon you receive as gifts (Eggs, through trades) have a higher use priority than pokemon you capture. Basically if you get the Togepi from someone and you have an empty slot, you have to use it over a pokemon waiting in your box.

And that is that. I will let you guys know how it goes for me. If you wanna use these rules, then go ahead. :)
-;248;

Serebii!

I'm doing this on Ruby cause I had nothing to do, I just got the third badge my party:
26;262;
25;304;
14;262;
16;269;
18;309;
17;183;
My starter torchic died

Drummerdude

Spent forever training up Loopy and Sunshine. Once they were about even with the rest of my team, I took on Team Magma. Once I destroyed them with ease, I headed to Lavaridge and easily took on Flannery with Sunshine. Caught a Baltoy and got the Claw fossil revived. I took on the trainers in my dads gym, but I decided I wasn't strong enough to fight him yet, so Hotness and Sunshine got a massive training spree (Since I can't really use them on the Water routes where I'll train next. Hotness evolved. Absolutly massacred Norman with Loopy, Dell, and Hotness. Well, Loopy didn't do anything but almost die. Just got surf, and I think I'm gonna go get the Good Rod so I can catch either a Carvanha or a Wailmer hopefully. I also might replace Loopy, since she isn't doing much of anything for me.

Team:
;257; Hotness lvl 36
;277; Ginger lvl 32
;286; Dell lvl 33
;327; Loopy lvl 32
;338; Sunshine lvl 36
;263; Cow Pie lvl 2

PC:
A lot.

Dead:
;261; Blackie lvl 3
;267; Marma lvl 10

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Started my XD run, the rule I decided to use was that I'm not allowed to buy pokeballs, in addition to no HP or status healing items and the two Nuzlocke Rules.

Begining was unremarkable, Chobin was a pushover, and I caught the first three Shadow Pokemon with no real difficulty. I evolved my Eevee into an Esepon (rolled a die to decide this) Agate was a bit tougher, although still not enough to pose a big threat. However, Eagun managed to kill my poochyena just before it could be purified (curse you, Thunderbolt!). I then purified Teddiursa, but I didn't bother with Ledyba as it kind of sucks.

Team:

;196; (Eeveekins)
Level 12
Bite
Tackle
Sand-Attack
Growl

;216; (Trogdonald)
Level 11
Return
Lick
Metal Claw
(Can't Remember)

;165; +
Level 10
Shadow Blitz
(Can't Remember)
Aerial Ace
(Can't Remember)

Dead:

;261; +
Level 10
Shadow Blitz
Shadow Hold
Poison Fang
Howl

Last edited:

dLOSINGSTREAKb

Fangs up!!!
i've been looking for a good reason to start playing firered again, and this challenge is gonna be fun

so far my first four pokemons are

Raph - ;007;
Monoxide - ;016;
Meat - ;019;
Sharnice - ;014;

alredy had close call with Raph and poison, thank goodness for the potion i found, Monoxide is going to keep sand attack forever, which will be a first for me. Meat is going to be sacraficed...
and i can't believe the first poke i find in the forrest is a GD Kakuna!! and its level 5 too, so im going to have to grind it to 10 to atleast get an attack out of it
i've only been playing for two hours and im loving it again

p.s. i've never ran from so many weedle's in my life

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXEDITEDITEDITXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

i should have stopped playing before i got really tired, but i lost Sharnice - ;014;, to Brock at level 8, but i learned a valuable lesson: durring this challenge, do not try to use trainer battles to level up your pokemon.

But i did catch Shocker - ;021; and i bought 1BAMFER - ;129; and will deffently properly grind 1BAMFER - ;129;
im a little hesitent about going into MT. Moon with my current levels, so im going to grind till they are all atleast 15, this should be fun

Last edited:

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Ok I figured I'd update since its been a while since I started mine.

My team is
- Starbuck the Staravia lv 19
-Diddy the Monferno lv 22
-HARMONY the Ponyta lv 21
- Mufasa the Luxio lv22
- Yogurt the Togepi lv 1
- Plumper the Bidoof lv 12

The casualties are
- Melody the Kricketot, Sharron the geodude, DESTROYA the magikarp, Daisy the Psyduck, Kazza the Kadabra, BUDOOM the Budew, ZUU the Zubat, and Slimer the Shellos

The ones on standby are-
-Brocoli the Budew, MOTHERMOTH the cascoon, Mr. Boogly the Gastly, BEEBLES the Bidoof, TaiChi the Meditite, Nala the Shinx, ZANGEIF the Machop, CONDI the Meditite, Bonnie the Kricketune, HARMONY2 the Ponyta, Demona the Gligar, MEG the Zubat, and Chompaz the Gible (who I got lucky getting on my way back from picking up the EQ tm).

I am currently headed to Mt. Coronet just after the bike path. I nearly lost my starter twice. Jupiter's skuntank sucks.. :(
-;248;

Drummerdude

Chose Carvanha (Pide) over Wailmer. Went to the turn off the generator and caught a Magnemite (Puller), which I decided to use over Loopy. Went through all the sea routes to train Puller and Pide, and both evolved. Trained both of them up before to Fortree. Did the Weather Institute, beat my rival, and arrived in Fortree. Went and got the Devon Scope, but not before I captured an Absol luckily, but it has a terrible nature. Absolutly massacred Winona using Ginger, Sunshine, Puller, and Hotness.

Team:
;257; Hotness lvl 38
;277; Ginger lvl 37
;286; Dell lvl 36
;338; Sunshine lvl 37
;319; Pide lvl 36
;082; Puller lvl 38

PC:
A lot

Dead:
Same as before

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Arrghhh. Challenge is not going well. I lost Ledyba in Mt. Battle, although that wasn't too much of a problem, but Shadow Lab was a nightmare. I lost some good pokemon on the trainers, but Lorvina managed to K.O. my entire team, except for Numel. Which means I have to do some level grinding...
Team:

;322; +
Level 14
Shadow Blitz
Shadow Shed
Dig
Ember

;285; +
Level 15
Shadow Blitz
Shadow Mist

;216; (Trogdonald)
Level 14
Return
Lick
Metal Claw
Futy Swipes

;316; (GutsMan)
Level 19
Sludge
Toxic
Shock Wave
Sing

;301; +
Level 18
Shadow Rush
Shadow Wave

Dead:
;261; +
Level 10

;165; +
Level 10

;228; (BloodSport)
Level 18

;196; (Eeveekins)
Level 15

;363; (Buckette)
Level 22

;343; (Spinchilla)
Level 20

;318; +
Level 15

;167; (Mr.Webster)
Level 18

;275; (Capslocke)
Level 21

;180; (Beau)
Level 21

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Hey guys. Well he is a update on my Platinum Nuzlocke.

First my team is

HARMONY the ponyta-27
Nala the Luxray- 31
Chompaz the Gabite- 25
Diddy the Monferno- 31
Athena the Ralts- 17
Screech the Zubat -19

Those who have gone to a better place, AKA my RIP box are...
- Melody the Kricketot, Sharron the geodude, DESTROYA the magikarp, Daisy the Psyduck, Kazza the Kadabra, BUDOOM the Budew, ZUU the Zubat, Slimer the Shellos, Mufasa the Luxio :)(), Starbuck the Staravia, CONDI the Meditite, Brocoli the budew, MOTHERMOTH the dustox, Plumper the Bidoof, BEEBLEs the bidoof, TaiChi the Meditite, Mr. Boogly the gastly, Yogurt the Togepi, Zangief the Machop, Bonnie the Kricketune, Demona the gligar, Triton the Vaporeon, CYBERCOP the porygon, MEG the zubat, and Nosupasa the Nosepass.

In my storage is ---
Floraroma the Roselia, Shen Long the magikarp, Elvis the Staravia, Shadow the Noctowl, FRANKLIN the clefairy, D the Unown, Tungtyed the Lickitung, Antigone the houndour, Tankor the rhydon, Astro the shellos, Ramon the Roselia, Steve the quagsire, and two ponyta, HARMONY2 and Hidalgo.

I am headed for Pastoria right now.

-;248;

Drummerdude

Whoever came up with this is amazing, I haven't enjoyed myself playing the 3rd gen games in a long time.

I climbed to the top of Mt. Pyre defeating the Magma goons. Chased them back to Slateport and then again to Lilycove. I then surfed my way over to Mossdeep, and quickly challenged the gym. This was definately Pide's time to shine. He alone defeated every trainer, and was the sole reason I beat Tate and Liza. I chose Pide and Sunshine to use. The battle only lasted two turns though, as Surf left it's mark on Solrock and Lunatone.

I'm honestly surprised I haven't lost any of my main Pokemon yet. But I'm sure that will change soon.

Team:
;257; Hotness lvl 42
;277; Ginger 41
;286; Dell 41
;338; Sunshine lvl 41
;319; Pide lvl 42
;082; Puller lvl 42

Deaths:
Same as always

Status
Not open for further replies.