• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

aggronFTW

Starting a Nuzlocke challenge on my diamond, these are the rules I'm using:
-must catch one pokemon on each route, must be the first you see.
-a pokemon that faints is dead an can't be used.
-anything that you catch when your party is full can be a reserve.
-pokemon must be nicknamed.
Will keep you updated!

Ok, so I started right after posting, did all the early game stuff and picked turtwig, called it bill nye. Moving through route 201 I ran into a starly but didn't have any pokeballs to catch him with, so I didnt catch anything there, but on route 202 I caught a level 3 bidoof and named it derpface.
While training derpface on route 201 I got horrendously critted by a starly and lost derpface early on, then I moved on with bill nye up to jubilife, went to route 204 and caught a shinx, named it korechu, then moved to route 203 and ran into Barry, beat him pretty easy and then ran into abra and caught it, nicknamed uri. Gonna train korechu and uri up a bit and then battle through route 203 to oreburgh.

I'm not the only guy who posts here am I? :p
Anyway, since last time I got to oreburgh without any losses, then went straight to route 207 hoping to find a machop and I got one! Named him Steve and went to oreburgh gate and got a geodude, which I plan to keep in my pc as a reserve.

After that I ran into Roark and got him to go back to the gym, right now I'm training Steve in oreburgh mine and after that I'll get em all to level 14-15 and take on Roark.

Team
Turtwig- Bill Nye, level 12
Shinx- Korechu, level 11
Abra- Uri, level 11
Machop- Steve, level 7

Reserves
Geodude, level 6

Lost teammates
Bidoof- derpface, level 4 :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
A Reminder to all Challengers who wish to keep us up updated. You will obtain infraction for multiple posts in a row. You can obtain between 3 to 15 points towards a ban, depending of the magnitude of the Offence. (Earning 20 points within a 45 day period will lead to a Week ban)

The Edit button however can be used at any time after you post. I should make it clear that you should use this button, instead of Post Reply/Post Quick Reply, IF you are the LAST POSTER.

This has been in the Rules for several years now: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=397567

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
well, i did start my emerald Nuzlocke with Aqua the Torchic, but i forgot to post here and now im halfway through the game. So i chose to start a FR Nuzlocke.

i started it off with Inferno the Charmander and did all the normal game stuff. Then i head out and catch a pidgey named kazooie. after helping the old man and getting passage to route 2 i went and found Klungo the Mankey on route 22. after lvling 'em all upto lvl 10 i took down gary. Back on route 2 I found another Pidgey, but knocked it out. In the Viridian Forest Gooball the caterpie joined our team. Klungo easily took out brock in pewter and we ran to Mt moon with our new Shoes. Battled the route 3 trainers and caught a male nidoran in the process, name Nightkin. Found a hidden berry and caught Zulu the Zubat in Mt Moon, now saved at the 'Center

Team
;004; Inferno lvl 14
;016; Kazooie lvl 14
;056; Klungo lvl 13

Reserves
;010; Gooball lvl 3
;032; Nightkin lvl 6
;041; Zulu lvl 9

twiggilala

fairy trainer
I just started a Nuzlocke challenge in HeartGold. I'm playing by the rules of: capture first Pokemon seen on route, nickname all Pokemon, any Pokemon who faints is dead, and that I may store excess Pokemon in my computer to replace any dead monsters.

My character's name is Coffee. She's a girl~!

Her first Pokemon is Decaf, a Cyndaquil with a rash nature, who is a little quick tempered.

I have yet to name my rival, or capture any other Pokemon. However, my rival will be named Cocoa.

I'll update this post as soon as I capture my first Nuzlocke Pokemon, outside of my lovely starter, of course.

Update:
Joining Coffee and Decaf on their journey, we have Bean, bold Pidgey, who is proud of her power. (Route 29)
As well as Java the Caterpie, who has a naughty nature, and is somewhat vain. (Route 30)
And Espresso the Ghastly, who is naive and a little quick tempered. (Sprout Tower)
Oh, and I forgot my one boy Cappucino the Spinark, bashful in nature. He also has good perseverance. (Route 31)
And to add to my team before I fight Faulkner, I captured a Wooper, who I named Latte. She has a bold nature, and often scatters things.

Now for grinding.

Last edited:

TerraWolf

Banned
Since my last chroniclizing of this challenge,

Fists the Machop had swept Roark. Just swept. Low Kick FTW. I had continued on to Floroma, but couldn't catch anything. On my way there, I had lost possibly one of the biggest Bro ever. Sqirt the Bidoof had died, to the overwelmming forces of Cherubi. I had laid Sqirt to rest, where he deserved to be, in the Digital Tomb of all lost Pokemon during Nuzlocking. I went on to face Mars and easily defeated him due to Fists. I had put honey on a tree and caught Burmy. I had also caught a Cascoon, which I evolved into Dustox and put in the box for the rest of eternity. I has caught a Shellos on route 208, which had died against Jupiter in Eterna. I had easily disposed of Gardenia's Gym, but as I faced the trainer prior to Gardenia, Burmy had evolved into Trash Cloak Wormadammit. Wormadam had easily swepted Gardenia. During post-Gym training, Geodude evolved, but sadly, Machop had died to the hands of the Gible I caught afterwards.

Miniman237

I started my first Nuzlocke challenge today. Playing by the original two rules, capture first pokemon only and dead pokemon gets released (or in this case boxed). Not bothering with nicknames because I'm very uncreative.

Anyway, reset my Platinum, started with Piplup. Piplup was just barely able to defeat Barry's Turtwig, surving with 1 HP left. Piplup loves to eat and is very Gentle. I fought a Starly on route 201 before I got pokeballs (no catch here dangit), then bought some pokeballs and stuff in Sandgem.

Current Team:
;393;: Level 7
Pound
Growl

Has a lot of health, I've noticed. Stands to reason that'd be a good thing for a Nuzlocke.

EDIT: Did some more stuff since then.
I went and caught a Bidoof at Lake Verity, then caught another Bidoof at Route 202, which I named 2 so I could tell the difference between them. Started training 2, as he had a better nature and the Simple ability. Caught a Starly on Route 204 and from here on I've decided to name all my guys, just because. Fear the wrath of my awful naming!
Caught a Zubat in that rocky pass place, I forget the name of it, and I named Zubat Count. Trained Starly, Piplup and 2 to level 9 each, then fought Barry. Piplup beat Starly and my Starly owned Turtwig.
I caught a Kricketot at route 203, named it Smallfry. Levelled him to level 10 to get Kricketune. Caught a Psyduck in Oreburgh Pass, named it Chronic. Welcome to the box, Chronic. On Route 207 I caught a Geodude, and named him WROARR!. Also caught another Zubat in the Oreburgh Mine, named him Battington. Go play with Count, Battington. I have no use for you.
Levelled Piplup, Starly, 2, Smallfry and WROARR! to level 14 each, then battled Roark.
Easy battle, Piplup OHKO'd Geodude and Onix, and WROARR! 2hkoed Cranidos with Rock Smash.
Starly and Piplup also evolved.

TEAM:
;394;: Level 16
Pound
Metal Claw
Bubble
Peck

This guy is desperately looking for a more powerful water move. Until then, he isn't going to be very good. Still, he's doing better than 2.

;399;: Level 14
Tackle
Growl
Defense Curl
Rollout

He levels so slow. It's really annoying. I can't see him staying on the team for a long while as Prinplup has the water covered and Staravia has the normal covered.

;397;: Level 14
Tackle
Double Team
Quick Attack
Wing Attack

Suffered from Glass Cannon syndrome as a Starly. I haven't actually used it since it evolved, but I'd assume it's only gotten better thanks to Intimidate. Also, Adamant Nature hells yeah.

;402;: Level 14
Bide
Growl
Fury Cutter
Leech Life

This guy is pretty powerful, but is begging for some better moves. Fury Cutter spam is effective for the longer trainer battles, but its PP is too low for effective use in the field.

;074;: Level 14
Tackle
Rock Throw
Rock Polish
Rock Smash

Rock Smash is surprisingly good at this level. WROARR! is a real bro, and with an impish nature he laughs off physical hits. I think I'm gonna need him for the next few Galactic battles.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
as of last time i made it through MT moon and into cerulean. Inferno evolved during a bug catcher battle and Kazooie evolved to a grass type trainer. Grabbed the Helix fossil on my way out of the cave and met the karate duo. Here i taught Klungo Mega Kick and Inferno Mega Punch. Then had Kazooie help me catch a Spearow named trade so i could get a farfetch'd later. Easily beat my rival, though due to tail whip i almost lost Klungo to Squirtle. I then battled the Nugget Bridge and save in front of the mankey kid.

hoping to get an oddish in the next route to make the the Misty battle easier

Team
;005; Inferno lvl 19
;017; Kazooie lvl 19
;056; Klungo lvl 19
;043; Onion lvl 14

Reserves
;010; Gooball lvl 3
;032; Nightkin lvl 6
;041; Zulu lvl 9
;021; trade lvl 8

edit: Got the oddish, named her Onion

Last edited:
I have started a platinum nuzlocke challange:

I already did:Getting my chimchar,capture biddof,grind bidoof,almost got my team KOed by NOOB(rival) and I caught shinx by sacrificing four pokeballs

SPECIAL RULES

Can catch another pokemon in a route that you already caught one if it is shiny or greatly wanted but they get in the not used box(Eggs and Legendaries aplies to this)
You can only buy pokeballs;

;390;Inferno Male Lv9
Brave,Alert to sounds
-Scratch
-Leer
-Ember
-Taunt

;399;Belina Female Lv9
Calm,Sturdy body
-Tackle
-Growl
-Defence curl

;403;Sparky Female Lv4
Hardy,Loves to eat
-Tackle

Edit:Many things happened since I last updaded:My Inferno died against a Kricketot bide(Why it has speed priority?),accidentaly killed a Zubat in the path,caught a strong member on my team:Golem,caught Hard Tail,KOed Roark team with Golem,caught Sonic,Belina died against a pachirisu bide(I officially hate this move),Caught Sparky2,Sonic died against a Shellos and grinding to prepare against Team Galactic.

Team:
;074;Golem Male Lv15
Modest,Good Endurance
-Rock Throw
-Magnitude
-Rock Polish
-Rock Smash

;403;Sparky Female Lv14
Hardy,Loves to eat
-Tackle
-Leer
-Charge
-Spark

Box:

;095;Hardy Tail
;403;Sparky2

RIP:

;390;Inferno: Died against a boy`s Kricketot bide
;399;Belina: Died against Twins`s Pachirisu bide
;041;Sonic: Died against a wild Shellos water pulse

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

I'm going to try a Nuzlocke on my firered, hopefully I can finish it
the rules:
-the standart rules, nickname, faint = death, catch first pokemon on route(the exceptions: (before I get pokeballs I can't catch any so it starts after I get my pokeballs) shinies, if I come across them I'll catch them and transfer to my heartgold, unless it is the first pokemon in a route, then I'm just gonna use it

the journey starts:
-boy character
-picked starter Squartle called him TOTO :)
-got lazy oak his parcel
-got pokedex + pokeballs
-got myself a lovely rattata called ratta 1(knowing my luck I'll get a few more) at route 1
-bought myself a nice colection of items, antidotes, potions, pokeballs
-another rattata hello ratta 2! at route 22
-catched a caterpie called her Mystwind at route 2
-forgot the town map so went back to get it, training Mystwin a bit but decided not to use it anymore after it evolved into a metapod
-trained squirtle a bit
-entered viridian forrest
-got a pikachu on my first encounter and catched it! called it light
-arrived at pewter city
-chalenged Brock, and it went like this:
-Toto used water gun on geodude, geodude keeping in the nuzlocke theme, died.
-Toto used water gun on Onix, it died
-got the boulderbadge, and tm Rock Tomb

team:
;007; Toto the Squirtle level 15
-tackle
-tail whip
-bubble
-withdraw

;025; Light the pikachu level 10
-ThunderShock
-Growl
-Tail Whip
-Thunder wave

box:
;019; ratta 1
;019; ratta 2
;011; mystwind

Fallen *russian accent* comrads:
~none!~

Last edited:
Yeah I got owed by a roselia in my platinum challange so I started one on my emerald(I am sooo ahead because no one posted anithing)
Rules:
Usual Rules,can catch shinies,can buy anything that doesn´t heal,can use revives if the dead member is in my party and can only buy ONE healing thing at each shop

Team:

;259;Kips Male Lv27
Naive,Torrent
-Tackle
-Mud Shot
-Mud-Slap
-Water Gun
Soloed two Gyms

;277;Swelly Female Lv24
Hasty,Guts
-Wing Attack
-Double Team
-Focus Energy
-Quick Attack
Really fast attacker that proved it´s worth

;064;Yay!!!(that is what I said when I caught him)Male Lv25
Serious,Inner Focus
-Teleport(saved many poisoned pokemon)
-PsyBeam
-Flash
-Shock Wave(needed something to hit dark types)
Soloed Brawly

;324;Smoketoise Male Lv22
Rash,White Smoke
-Ember
-Smog
-Strength
-Smokescreen
Anti-Steel and Tank

;325;Bounce Male Lv20
Lax,Own Tempo
-Psy Wave
-Odor Sleuth
-Psybeam
-Psysh Up
Special Wall

Box:

;261;Hiena 1 and 2
;074;Rock Dude
;129;I am Magik
;309;Lectricia
;043;Orchidea
;041;Ms Vampire
;327;Panda

Heaven:

;266;Beautymoth:KOed by a whismur critical hit
;293;OutAndLoud:also know as Beautymoth killer
;271;Fiesta: Died to save Smoketoise

Last edited:

crimsonsapphire92

Started my first Nuzlocke challenge on my Ruby version.
Rules: Standard; one Pokemon per route, fainted=died
Picked a lonely Treecko (Kazuki)
Caught calm Zigzagoon on Route 102 @ lvl 3 (Totoro)
Then caught lvl. 5 bashful Wurmple, evolved to Silcoon (Piir) in Petalburg Woods which was poisoned and fainted on the beach outside Petalburg [*Sigh* RIP]
Caught calm Taillow (Ai) @ lvl 5 on Route 116
Caught quiet Whismur (Teal) @ lvl 8 in Rusturf Tunnel
Caught modest Makuhita (Kaku) @ lvl 9 in Granite Cave
Lost Teal to a Wingull's Water Gun in the Sodapop House
Caught quirky Gulpin (Riccoi) @ lvl 12 on route 110

Team so far:
;253; Kazuki lvl 21
;277; Ai lvl 22
;263; Totoro lvl 20
;296; Kaku lvl 16
;316; Riccoi lvl 14

Body Count: 2
Piir (Silcoon) lvl 5-8 died to Wurmple's poisoning
Teal (Whismur) lvl 8-15 died thanks to Wingull's Water Gun

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
This seems like an interesting challenge.I would do it on my platinum but I'm trying to get all the pokemon on it. I might do it on my emerald after I beat the pokemon league.

7 tyranitars

-got running boots
-Toto evolved into a Wartortle
-caught a nidoran (m) named him Nibbler
-entered Mt. Moon and catched a Zubat called her Noicy
-Nibbler evolved into a Nidorino
-got myself the dome fossil
-caught a Spearow called him Wingman
-defeated gary, easily
-defeated all the trainers towards bills house and visited bill
-defeated Misty and her stupid Starmie =)
-arrived at vermilion city

team:
;008; Toto the wartortle level 23
-Bubble
-Withdraw
-Water Gun
-Bite

;025; Light the pikachu level 21
-ThunderShock
-Mega Kick
-Double Team
-Thunder wave

;033; Nibbler the Nidorino level 22
-Peck
-Horn Attack
-Double Kick
-Poison Sting

box:
;019; ratta 1
;019; ratta 2
;011; mystwind
;041; Noicy
;021; Wingman

~none!~

TerraWolf

Banned
Decided to Nuzlocke Black.

Rules:
1. Only first catch on each route, Eggs and Gift Pokemon donot apply. Null on Shiny.
2. Max 5 Pokeball purchases per town.
3. Nickname all.
4. No Trade evolutions.
5. No Dupes.
6. Minimal Grinding
7. Start with Oshawott.

So here we go.

WolvenKnightmare

Keep it Dandy, Baby.
I guess I'll try this out on my LeafGreen game.
I'll be using these rules.
-Nickname all Pokemon
-Catch first Pokemon on each route
-Faint = Death
-If your party is full and you catch a Pokemon, you may send it to your box as a backup, incase one of your Pokemon faints, it can be replaced.
-No revivals, at all.
Startin' it now so i'll be back in a bit!
=Now I've started the challenge!=
-Named myself Oreus,rival is Rerux.
-Obtained a Bold Squirtle(Male)called Ivraak.
-Beat Rerux, leveled up.
-Ivraak leveled up;learned Bubble.
-Caught Rash Pidgey(Female) at Route 1, nicknamed Halveriss
-Caught Impish Mankey(Male) at Route 22, nicknamed Jekross
-Caught Careful Pidgey(Female) at Route 2, called Droid-01(so the 2 aren't confused)
Question,since I went through Route 1 without Pokeballs(to go get Oak'sParcel) and I faced a wild Pidgey, do/can I still catch a pokemon there once I get pokeballs?

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Question,since I went through Route 1 without Pokeballs(to go get Oak'sParcel) and I faced a wild Pidgey, do/can I still catch a pokemon there once I get pokeballs?

It all depends on how you want to play, really. Some people choose not to catch pokemon on the routes they go through Pre-pokeballs from professor.

I However choose that im allowd to catch pokemon on those routes.

7 tyranitars

well a lot happened:
-defeated gary
-defeated lt surge
-got flash
-caught a drowzee called him dreamer
-went to the rock tunnel
-half way in the rock tunnel I decided I would evolve Nibbler into a Nidoking
-arrived at lavender town
-went underground and arrived at celadon city
-got an Eevee called him Firaga and let him evolve into a Flareon
-Light evolved into a Raichu
-defeated the entire rocket base
-got silph scope and decided I would go to the pokemon tower first

team:
;008; Toto the wartortle level 34
-Water Pulse
-Water Gun
-Bite
-Rapid Spin

;136; Firaga the Flareon level 32
-Bite
-Sand Attack
-Growl
-Quick Attack

;026; Light the raichu level 31
-ThunderBolt
-Mega Kick
-Brick Break
-Thunder wave

;034; Nibbler the Nidoking level 31
-Horn Attack
-Double Kick
-Shock Wave
-Dig

box:
;019; ratta 1
;019; ratta 2
;011; mystwind
;041; Noicy
;021; Wingman

~none!~

Last edited:

Ditto123

~Word~
I will definitally do this. Um...what game should i do? I have a ds so i can only do gb games and ds games NOT THE COLOR GAMES. I can do leaf green (i lost fire red), ruby, sapphire, emerald, diamond (i dont have pearl), and platinum. Im doin another runthrough of plat though, so Im leaning towards the other, but ill still do it. What should i do? Zorg, can you help me?
I will post after every town

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

ditto leafgreen would be a nice one to start with

Ditto123

~Word~
^kk thanks. I was grinding for elite 4 in that file, but that file sucked. Now i need to choose my starter -_-. I have my (hopefully) planned team. Blastoise/Charizard/Venusaur, Primape/Hitmonchan/lee, Butterfree, Kabutops(of course), a flying type., Jolteon.
Heres my rules:
Can only buy pokeballs in marts (but only 5)
Can use gift pokemon/fossils.
Can use all my healing items i found ONLY IN THE ELITE FOUR.
Faint=Death
Catch first poke in a route (if i dont have pokeballs or if i have one THAT ISNT DEAD it doesnt count.
Backups if i have 6 pokes already.
Have to nickname.
No hold items.
have fun.
If I find a shiny, but isnt first on route, I can still use it.

I'll start soon. Will post after every town. Detailed discriped of gyms and rivals and elite four battle. Which starter shall i choose?????? Dont want blastoise though b/c of suckish last file. Will trade ingame. Is sevii islands required?????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.