• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
Decided to try a Nuzlocke Sapphire challenge alongside Leaf Green.
Started with Torchic (Klucken), caught a Wurmple (Mothic), and a Zigzagoon, which I forgot to nickname. Every route since has had a Zigzagoon, and the two that haven't so far (Petalburg Woods and the cave north of Rustboro) have in both cases ended in a critical hit KO >.< . I've been using Zigzagoon solely for Pickup, and in the gym battle, for spamming growl to weaken super effective rock attacks :p

Although I defeated Roxanne, a critical hit from Nosepass KO'd Beautifly :(
My team, therefore, is incredibly weak at the moment...

- Klucken (Combusken) Lv.16
- Zigzagoon Lv.7

Edit: I've had some terrible luck with critical hits, and lost both my Pokemon. Zigzagoon went down to a Ralt's confusion and Klucken lost to Brawly's Makuhita, which got 5 hits with Arm Thrust, the last of which was a critical hit >.<

Journey Restart!!!

Last edited:

tom-tom

Furret <3
So far:
-Name: RED
-5 Badges
-17:06 play time
-28 Pokedex

My team:
;006; Charles lv. 46
;045; Nite Train lv. 44
;085; SpartaCHKN lv. 45
;134; Kenneth lv. 46
;034; Malakrov lv. 45

So right now I need a 6th team member, but I have already explored everywhere but the Power Plant and I don't want Zapdos. I am going to check it out and probably pick up some other electric type or bring Neylan back after I beat Sabrina.

R.I.P. Box:
;046; Lenny lv. 9-11 (trained two levels, got out of Mt. Moon, Spearow used peck it's a critical hit!...damn. R.I.P. Lenny, you will be missed.)
;020; Ace lv. 2-28 (first Pokemon i caught :'(, it happened in Rock Tunnel I wasn't paying that much attention. I battled some dude with a Slowpoke, I used Hyper Fang and missed, he used Confusion I get confused. I hurt myself in confusion, I am left with 20 hp. Next turn, I hurt myself in confusion and am left with 5 hp, confusion is the death of Ace. R.I.P. Ace, you will be missed.)
;051; Doug lv. 22-42 (Died in battle against Koga, it was my fault though. Koga sends out Weezing and I forget it has levitate *facepalm* and go for a magnitude, then the Weezing uses Selfdestruct *another facepalm*. R.I.P. Doug, you will be missed.)

Storage Box:
;024; Neylan lv. 33
;021; Katy Perry lv. 13
;012; Seth lv. 28
;015; Ephrum lv. 24
;131; Paul lv. 25

Anyways, good luck to everyone else who is doing this.

Last edited:

Nocturne.Lullaby

Pokemon Breeder
Alrighty, well I was doing a different challenge on my Platinum, however this one seems rather interesting. So I've restarted again! -.-

So, I started my adventure as a young boy named Jacob, choosing a male Turtwig named Twyggs as my starter. As my adventure began I quickly caught, on each new location, a Starly named Aria, a Shinx named Sasha, a Bidoof (oh how I loathed catching this) named Derp, a Geodude named Pebbles, and a Magikarp named Magi.

Heck it seems each time I catch a pokemon, such as Pebbles, the next thing that attacks me is a far more desirable pokemon.. such as the level eight Onyx that tried to maul me. >.<

The20BIT

Dragon Man
1. You can buy whatever you want in a town...(but only once and to the limit of three items)
2. I'm playing on a different version of platinum know as platinum enchanced, basically it's a hacked version of platinum changing various things making the game harder, for example it changes the story and what pokemon you can catch ect. it's BEAST!
3. I might be willing to write this as a story depending on responses from you guys.
4.Whenever I earn two badges routes get reset (meaning I can get a max of four pokemon from a route) If anybody objects to that one before I get far I will change it.

Now for the begining of a long and tiring journey...today I become a...MAN! (lol)

Began the game ready for this pro looking challenge chose a boy named it Hayden (cause that name is pro) and began my journey.

So I met profeser Rowan dude and because I helped him pick a pokemon to use in a contest he gave me a Dratini (score) my rival (Wolf) got his butt handed to him on a silver platter. I sent him and his beldum packing, and on my way to sandgem...I saw no pokemon lol.

Current team:
Ace teh Dratini Lv: 6
Moves: Wrap, Water Pulse, Thunder Wave

Last edited:

Nocturne.Lullaby

Pokemon Breeder
Oh bugger.

First casualty of the game. D: My poor little Aria. Crit OHKO'd by a Zubat's bite. >.<
Actually.. let me correct that. Huge casualty... >.>;;
After taking a beating in the Wind Works, including poisoning by a stunky...
Party wipe.. >.>;;

[/restarts] >.<;;;;

Last edited:

twiggilala

fairy trainer
This seemed like a really fun and creative way to spice up playing Pokemon. So, I got out my old Pokemon Sapphire, fired it up, and started my Nuzlocke Challenge.

I started out by naming and making boxes... 'WAIT' boxes for my not-in-use Pokemon, and 'RIP' for those who pass on (hopefully none will).

My starter 'mon was Chip the Mudkip, who has a Brave nature.
To join Chip, the first 'mon I ran into on Route 101 was a Zigzagoon who I named Bandit. Bandit is of a Hardy nature with the awesome ability Pickup.
On route 102 I caught a Wurmple who I named String, because she used String Shot over and over in our first battle. String has a Quiet nature.
My first Pokemon on Route 104 was a Zigzagon, which I KO'd, mostly because I am not doing duplicates... After the Zigzagoon I ran into a Wingull, who I named Guliver. Guliver is of a Relaxed nature.

However, I've decided to hang out there and level up all of my 'mons for a bit. I want to be ready to kick butt at our first gym, so I don't lose any of my buddies.

So my team thus far consists of...

Chip the Mudkip ;258;
Bandit the Zigzagoon ;263;
String the Wurmple ;265;
Guliver the Wingull ;278;

More later! This is a great way to spice up replaying an old game.

The20BIT

Dragon Man
Man I just got going at Jubilife. I have a pretty sick team at the moment. Caught a Torchic on my way to Jubilife named him Blaze, then I proceded to level them up to about level 13 each before I take down my rival.

Ace teh Dratini: Lv 9m
Moves: Wrap, Water Pulse, Thunder Wave
Blaze teh Torchic: Lv 10m
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, Ember

Zorg

Spongetastic
Sorry guys, I've been having heaps of errors while trying to post in this thread, but don't let that stop you guys from posting your stories.

-

tom-tom

Furret <3
So far:
-6 Badges
-24:03 play time
-36 Pokedex

My team:
;006; Charles lv. 48
;045; Nite Train lv. 48
;085; SpartaCHKN lv. 48
;134; Kenneth lv. 48
;082; Jay-Ar lv. 48
;124; Zynx lv. 51 (3 levels just from Sabrina's Gym, she stopped obeying me halfway through the real Gym Battle)

Comments:
Okay, so I picked up a Magnemite at the PowerPlant and trained it a whole bunch. I also found a Poliwag, but decided to evolve it and then trade it for a Jynx because I have never really trained one before this and surprisingly I am am starting to like Jynx. So now I have 6 badges and am off to Cinnabar Island, finally in between the 5th and 6th badge took forever training to new members up to par 48.

R.I.P. Box:
;046; Lenny lv. 9-11 (trained two levels, got out of Mt. Moon, Spearow used peck it's a critical hit!...damn. R.I.P. Lenny, you will be missed.)
;020; Ace lv. 2-28 (first Pokemon i caught :'(, it happened in Rock Tunnel I wasn't paying that much attention. I battled some dude with a Slowpoke, I used Hyper Fang and missed, he used Confusion I get confused. I hurt myself in confusion, I am left with 20 hp. Next turn, I hurt myself in confusion and am left with 5 hp, confusion is the death of Ace. R.I.P. Ace, you will be missed.)
;051; Doug lv. 22-42 (Died in battle against Koga, it was my fault though. Koga sends out Weezing and I forget it has levitate *facepalm* and go for a magnitude, then the Weezing uses Selfdestruct *another facepalm*. R.I.P. Doug, you will be missed.)

Storage Box:
;034; Malakrov lv. 45
;024; Neylan lv. 33
;021; Katy Perry lv. 13
;012; Seth lv. 28
;015; Ephrum lv. 24
;131; Paul lv. 25
;147; Mailman! (Bought him for Pokedex)
;063; Omar (Bought him for Pokedex)

Anyways, good luck to everyone else who is doing this.

The20BIT

Dragon Man
So I looked over my rules decided they were retarded and now the rules I'm going by are,

1. Items can be bought but only hp recovering items can be used outside of battle (mwhaha)
2. Faint release rule, and I thought of something else just for people that don't want to start over. If you are team wiped you can get rid of one or two members of your team to continue depending on your teams size.

I decided to TOTALLY start over this challenge but on a normal Platinum (it's to hard to just do the game with those you catch) so here is my adventure so far.

Chose a dude named him Hayden (because I like the name) and headed to find my best friend (Olson) and Profeser Rowan, to get my pokemon. I decided to go with Piplup (named him Bubbles) because I have never actually trained one before. Leveled up to ten before I moved on to Jubilife.

Current team:
Bubbles teh Piplup Lv:10m
moves: Pound, Growl, Bubble
Fighter teh Shinx Lv:9m
moves: Tackle, Leer, Charge

I'm trying to get an electric move for my Shinx, I might actually do both a SS and a Platinum Nuzlocke challenge, I will post info of my choice later.

celebimasters_93

i will start a nuzlocke challenge on platinum my starter is turtwig (nn. colluseum) just finished a scramble challenge on platinum

RULES:

Nickname all Pokemon
Catch first Pokemon on each route
Faint = Death

On each route/cave/town/tower/dungeon you may only catch one Pokemon and this Pokemon may MAY ONLY BE THE FIRST POKEMON you see!
If a Pokemon of yours faints in or out of battle YOU MUST RELEASE IT INSTANTLY AND NEVER USE IT AGAIN. Or you can put it in a box labeled 'Dead' as a memento or for post game/once you finish the challenge
For the hard outs, no using any items in or out of battle (and yes, that includes antidotes, this also includes hold items. You can still use Pokeballs but you must find them, not buy them). For the easy going people, you may use any items, but only those you find, you cannot buy any items from anywhere
If you wipe out (all party Pokemon faint) then you must release/put them in box. If all of your Pokemon die, then you must start again, you lose!
You must have your battle change option set to set, not shift
If your party is full and you catch a Pokemon, you may send it to your box as a backup, incase one of your Pokemon faints, it can be replaced (and insanely grinded).

Last edited:

Sprintking

Hmmm well this challenge may not be as easy as I had imagined. I couldn't believe my luck when I found a Skitty (Tiger) in route 116, and Rusturf Tunnel gave me Audi the Whismur. Tiger didn't last long, as I miscalculated damage and didn't realize she wouldn't survive an Uproar CH. Guess what happened?Not wanting to take any chances, I evolved Kipz into Marshtomp before taking on Roxanne, who ended up being quite easy.

Dewford was much tamer than I expected. Granite Cave gave me Hiro the Makuhita, and I fished up a Magikarp(Gari). Brawly was easier than expected, by stun sporing/leech seeding Makuhita with Myco.

Slateport, on the other hand, was a rude awakening. While fighting a sailor on the beach, I brought in Audi to finish off a weakened Machop. His pound missed, however, and the Karate Chop counter was an OHKO. My grief wasn't over, however, as Ashe would succumb to May's Grovyle.This is my fault, however, as both pokemon were in the red and Grovyle was paralyzed, so I attacked forgetting that she had quick attack. This was a major wrench in my plan, as she was to be my main source of pokeballs later in the game. Fortune would smile on me later, though, as Ashe Jr., another Zigzagoon, would be found on route . She, added with Clarence the Oddish from route 117, would be added to my roster to form a full, 6-man team. I'm currently in Mauville, raising my team for Wattson.

My team:
Kipz ;259; lvl 21
Myco ;285; lvl 18
Hiro ;296; lvl 16
Ashe Jr. ;263; lvl 14
Clarence ;043; lvl 14
Gari ;129; lvl 8

Deceased:
Tiger ;300; lvl 7-8 Whismur Uproar CH
Audi ;293; lvl 7-12 Machop Karate Chop
Ashe ;263; lvl 5-15 May's Grovyle Quick Attack

The no items clause isn't really giving me problems, but I've reached a new dilemma in the form of TM's. I've already decided not to use HM's not required, such as flash, and since they aren't necessary, I won't use them.

Nocturne.Lullaby

Pokemon Breeder
Nuzlocke Challenge v2.0

Alrighty, so after the embarrassing party wipe a while ago, I've since
restarted and am doing much better than the last run through.

I once more began the game as a boy named Jacob, choosing Jazz the Piplup
as my starter. I am going to be counting on the plethora of resistances his
steel typing will bring the team later down the road. My first encounter
(Route 202) brought me Samba, the male Starly. Things seemed to be going
fine, continuing casually through the game snagging Harmony the female
Kricketot, Forte the male Machop, Beat the male Geodude, Ballad the male
Shellos, Chorus the male Zubat and Aria the female Buneary. Sadly, due to
over estimating poor Samba in a wild encounter, the little Starly went down
at level ten. Aria awaits in the PC to sub in case someone else suffers a
defeat. Now I stand, warily, outside of the Eterna City Gym, really not
wanting to go in there where status' fall like rain.. though I have taken out
all of the trainers but the Gym Leader herself.

Question: How does trading work, or not work, during a Nuzlocke
challenge. As in, scenario: I have a Machoke, and it would be beneficial for
me to evolve him into a Machamp, am I allowed to trade with someone and
trade it back? Or does that break some taboo of the challenge?

EDIT

Aaaaand.. out goes my poor little Forte.. in comes a female Combee named
Opera. Though I'll regret losing my strongest pokemon.. and forever loathe all Biding Pachirisu, I have to say... Getting a female combee is super lucky. :3

Current Team:
;394; ;422; ;041; ;074; ;415; ;427;

Storage:
;402;

R.I.P.:
;396; ;066;

Last edited:

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Okay, I've decided I'll start a Nuzlocke challenge on Gold, with Chikorita as my starter. However, since Gold is a pretty easy game, I've decided that a full party K.O. will mean a loss, even if I have spares.

The adventure begins when YOUNG BOY is sent on a EPIC QUEST by PROFESSOR to defeat the EIGHT BADGE HOLDERS and conquer the POKEMON LEAGUE. To aid him on his EPIC QUEST, he is given a GREEN LLAMA-THING. YOUNG BOY and GREEN LLAMA-THING meet MR.POKEMON and OTHER PROFESSOR, and recieve a POKEDEX. On his way back, YOUNG BOY encounters RED-HAIRED KID and defeats him in battle. YOUNG BOY then receives POKEBALLS, and prepares for his battle against the first BADGE HOLDER.

On his way, YOUNG BOY catches a SENTRY SQUIRREL, a USELESS CACOON, a WEIRD PLANT, and a GODDAMNED BAT.

Anyway, so far the journey has been fine, although I almost lost Chikorita to a sentret at the start of the game, and I missed out on getting a geodude on the second route.

Party:

;152; (Emmy)
Lvl 10
Razor Leaf
Tackle
Growl

;161; (Sammi)
Lvl 7
Tackle
Defense Curl

;011; (Jade)
Lvl 4
Harden

;069; (Mitch)
Lvl 6
Vine Whip
Growth

;041; (Bianca)
Lvl 5
Leech Life

Boxed: None

Deceased: None

Not the best party ever...

Last edited:

tom-tom

Furret <3
Question: How does trading work, or not work, during a Nuzlocke
challenge. As in, scenario: I have a Machoke, and it would be beneficial for
me to evolve him into a Machamp, am I allowed to trade with someone and
trade it back? Or does that break some taboo of the challenge?
EDIT
You are only allowed to trade if you are evolving Pokemon, so you could trade Machoke to get a Machamp but you can't trade for anything else.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Due to me being stupid and careless, I lost my Nuzlocke challange... I didn't actually get a full party K.O. because I broke a rule at the last second, so I decided to restart anyway. So now I'll list my team again...

Deceased:

;152; (Emmy)
Lvl 5-12
Killed by Hoothoot's Tackle

;159; (Sammi)
Killed by Bellsprout's Vine Whip

;011; (Jade)
Lvl 4

;069; (Mitch)
Lvl 3-6

;041; (Bianca)
Lvl 2-9
Hoothoot's Tackle

;019; (Tatters)
Lvl 3-4
Killed byBellsprout's Vine Whip

Attempt 2:

Team:

;158; (Aggy)
Scratch
Leer

tom-tom

Furret <3
So far:
-7 Badges
-29:07 play time
-42 Pokedex

My team:
;006; Charles lv. 56
;045; Nite Train lv. 56
;085; SpartaCHKN lv. 55
;134; Kenneth lv. 57
;082; Jay-Ar lv. 56
;124; Zynx lv. 56

Comments:
Well this badge took a long time to get, only because of my hardcore training. But the good thing about a lot of training is there is less faints/deaths, which I haven't had any since Doug(R.I.P., you were my favorite) at the 5th gym. So now I have picked up some backups at the Pokemon Mansion and the Seafoam Islands just in case. Right now I am training on the Tri-Islands before battling Giovanni, my plan is to have my whole team at level 63 or 63 by then so it might be a while until i post again.

R.I.P. Box:

Storage Box:
;096; Anteater lv. 34
;049; Zenotwapal lv. 37 (named after Zenotwapal, another Serebii user)
;053; Giovanni lv. 37
;058; Police K-9 lv. 30
;086; Lt. Crazy lv. 32
;140; Kevin lv. 5
;034; Malakrov lv. 45
;024; Neylan lv. 33
;021; Katy Perry lv. 13
;012; Seth lv. 28
;015; Ephrum lv. 24
;131; Paul lv. 25
;147; Mailman! lv. 18
;063; Omar lv. 9

Check this out everyone, I found it in a link while watching some Youtube Nuzlocke videos. Anyways, good luck to everyone else who is doing this.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Oh s**t.
I'm going to do this sooooo bad.

Starting one on my Sapphire:
Starting out as a Girl named Jody, and getting Torchic as my starter. (its the easiest to use and basically destroys most of the Gyms with ease)
I plan to make a few exceptions:
On legends, I tend to buy pokeballs just for that purpose.
If a Shiny pops up at all, I intend to catch it, and if that kills me, I intend to just start from the last point.
I am giving myself a one "evive pokemon" token, allowing me to revive one and only one dead pokemon. I'm going to give myself this privilage in the Elite Four.
EDIT:
;255; Smoked lv.6

Just got started, just creamed Brendan
ANOTHER EDIT:
Seems like my battery to the Gameboy SP died just as I didn't catch a lucky Wingull find :D
Now I'm having to settle on a Zigzagoon D:
His name is Slayer
;263; Slayer lv.4
YET ANOTHER EDIT:
;283; BynineB lv.3
Caught him by pure luck in the other route linking Oldale and Petalburg, since I didn't see any pokemon ther on my first trek through.
And typeing mid sentence, he just fainted, so he's out of my party now D:
R.I.P BynineB......

Last edited:

Zorg

Spongetastic
Check this out everyone, I found it in a link while watching some Youtube Nuzlocke videos. Anyways, good luck to everyone else who is doing this.

I already posted a link to the comics in the first post.

By the way people, i think he's going to start updating his comics a bit more often now....

Anyway, my Scramblocke Challenge... all im really doing is Training to lv.50 before going through victory road.

hitoshura0

I decided to give this a try on a Firered ROM.
My excess rules:
1)Can buy Pokeballs, but that's it.
2)No healing items in battle.

Little rundown so far:
Start Journey, Charmander get! While going to Viridian, I get the Parcel and bring it back to Oak, Pokedex get, 5 Pokeball get!
Go to the route 22, Mankey get! It was pretty close, though.
I hit Route 2, Pidgey get! Adamnat nature too!
Then to Viridian Forest,. My first encounter was a Kakuna, but Capt. Jack brutalized it. I wasn't too upset, to be honest.
My team so far:
Scacth the level 8 Charmander
Filigree the level 8 Pidgey
Capt. Jack the level 7 Mankey

Status
Not open for further replies.