• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beastiken9

Under construction
I'm gonna start a heartgold one
RULES:
faint=dead
1st on route
can only use pokeballs
nicknames must have the letter q
pokemon can't evolve until they have learnt their last level up move
I can also catch shinies:)

-------

Anyways.... Started out my journey, picked cyndaquil (agent q)
first route, caught a pidgey(quailknows)
I then fought my rival, Q easily took him out.(pen rocket launcher)
caught metapod.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt

Beastiken9

Under construction
Well, I got to violet city. Went to sprout tower, caught a ghastly(q gas). Got tm FLASH!!!
took on falkner's gym trainers. Caught a ratata(ratattaq).
So my party is:
;155; Agent Q(11)
;011;Q ball(9)
;016;quailknows(10)
;019;ratattaq(4)
;092;q gas(8)
;167;qarnivore(8)

RIP:
RIVAL

-------

Ok, got to Azelea, BUT WHAT'S THIS??? IT''S TEAM ROCKET!
COME ON OLD MAN!!! hurt your back kurt, really? Ok, Ill go kick some ***.
After Team Loser runs away, I grind everyone up to 14. I take on the gym trainers, and leave towards Ilex Forest. Wait, a rival battle???! I just wanna get headbutt!!! My rival apparently stalks us, but his croconaw is lv 18. I win but q gas..... Didn't make it......
Team:
quailknows(pidgey)
roost
gust
tackle
quick attack
agent q(cyndaquil)
ember
quick attack
smokescreen
tackle
qarnivore(spinarak)
poison sting
leech life
string shot
constrict
slaviaq(geodude)
rock throw
rock polish
rock smash
defense curl
QT(togepi)
extrasensory
metronome
growl
charm
Q ball(butterfree)
poisonpowder
sleeppowder
stunspore
confusion
Reserves
ratattaq(ratata)
q gas makah(zubat)
qarrel(spearow)
Dead
q gas(gastly)
WHY Q GAS??? WHY NOT QARNIVORE???

----

Wow... Like quad posting... Sorry mods....
-replaced q gas empty spot with slaveqia(geodude)
-grinded everyone to lv.15
-took on Bugsy
-after setting up to +6 spd and def with slaveqia, easily swept.
-went into Ilex Forest
-got headbutt, taught it to togepi
-headbutted a tree, and a Pineco!
-wanted to catch it, so sent out spinarak(least powerful, by far)
-wild pineco used self destruct! NOOOOOOOOOO
-qarnivore....rip
-caught krabby in the next route
-got bike
-grinded everyone to lv. 18

PARTY:
agent q(cyndaquil)
slaveqia(geodude)
QT(togepi)
Quailknows(pidgey)
Queen:p(butterfree)
Mr. Qrabs(krabby
PC
ratata
2zubats....
RIP
q gas(gastly)
qarnivore(spinarak)

Teebird

Starting on Fire Red.
Name: Sky
I'll start with Charmander for more difficulty at the start, and only use Pokemon Centers and Items I find. I don't know how faithful I'll be with that after a while, but we'll see what happens. I'll post later with my happenings.

EDIT: Wow.
I started with my loyal friend Ignus the Charmander. We quickly disposed of our arrogant rival and headed to Viridian, only to find the Gym to be closed. We went to the mart and were then asked to deliver something to Oak. Being nice people, we took to this task and soon received our Pokedex, and Pokeballs. This meant we could get a new team member. Nope. We accidentaly KO'd our future Rattata. Oh well, on to Route 22. We got very lucky and found a Mankey, a very nice addition to our team. If we didn't KO it by accident. On the next route, I finally caught myself a Rattata and named him Jerry, who quickly became friends with Ignus. After grinding to level 10 each, we entered the Viridian Forest, and found a Caterpie. Unfortunately, we only had one Pokeball, and Caterpie wanted to put up a fight. We battled valiantly through the forest, and ended up accidentaly KOing our Pidgey we found outside of the forest. Not a great start to our Nuzlocke. After grinding Jerry to 15, and Ignus to level 16 to gain Metal Claw and a nice power boost, we took on Brock. His Geodude fell to Jerry quite easily after three Tail Whips and a Hyper Fang. Ignus went up against Onix, and I had to think quick as Ignus fell down to three health points. I switched out as to heal up Ignus, but lost Jerry in the process. We came out with a victory and a gym badge, received our Running Shoes, and will continue this journey.

Team:
Charmeleon/Ignus
Level 17
-Scratch
-Ember
-Growl
-Metal Claw

Death Box:
Rattata/Jerry
Level 15
R.I.P. You will be missed.

Last edited:
Failed first Pearl run due to Abra School Kid problems, start again.

Rules:
If Pokemon faints - to anything but a crit, a hit while asleep, Selfdestruct, or Explostion - you must release it as soon as possible. For the exception, this only works once per Pokemon. If you run out of Pokemon, you must start again.
Only first Pokemon in a route can be caught, unless you have caught it before.
No healing items, and nicknames are compulsory.

Name: Desmond
Rival: Barry
Starter: Chimchar, named Simisear, and a Female Starter!!!

Typical Opening Scene, then I catch a Starly (Unfezant, Route 201, you have no PB's when you first walk there) and a Shinx (Zebstrika, Route 202). I collect an Old Rod, Quick Claw at Jubilife and now I am grinding for the Abra trainers. I need to get used to this grinding business, and I know it will be frustrating if I lose any of these.

Chimchar "Simisear" Level 8
Timid/Blaze
~ Scratch
~ Ember
~ Leer

Starly "Unfezant" Level 7
Impish/Keen Eye
~ Tackle
~ Growl
~ Quick Attack

Shinx "Zebstrika" Level 6
Jolly/Intimidate
~ Tackle
~ Leer

Box and Graveyard:
None

Beastiken9

Under construction
If Pokemon faints - to anything but a crit, a hit while asleep, Selfdestruct, or Explostion - you must release it as soon as possible. For the exception, this only works once per Pokemon. If you run out of Pokemon, you must start again.
Only first Pokemon in a route can be caught, unless you have caught it before.
No healing items, and nicknames are compulsory.

your faint rules defeat the purpose. There is supposed to be an element of luck involved.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I'm going to start this on Red, and I'm not going to use any healing items.

So far, Shellshock (Squirtle) and I are heading back to Pallet to give Oak the parcel.
Update: I captured two Rattata. I named the first one Ratty and I didn't name the second out of habit. >.< I decided to train them to at least level five before I ventured into the forest, but the unnamed Rattata was killed by a Pidgey.

Last edited:

Beastiken9

Under construction
Ugh.... Got a minor update...
I level grinded everyone to lv20
-decided to go to next route
-psychic mark wants to battle!
-ok... Abra....easy enough
-kadabra comes out, one shots mr qrabs:(
-send in agent q(highest sp def)
-confusion gets confusion hax.
-long story short, lost 2 members:(
PARTY
-quirks(butterfree)
-quailknows(pidgey)
-GIVE IT TO MEq(yanma)
ratattaq(rattatta)
-slaveqia(geodude)
-QT(togepi
Box
-pinsir
-2zubats
RIP
-q gas(gastly) 1 powerhouse...
-qarnivore(spinarak) sucked....
-mr. Qrabs(krabby) 2 powerhouse.....
-agent q(cyndaquil) 3 powerhouse+ my starter;(

Sprintking

Like has been said, it's not a nuzlocke challenge with those benefits. It's not supposed to be easy. The possibility of losing your pokemon forever in an instant adds to the suspense.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
In that case, only Critical hits negate the rule, and I am sure to get a Drapion.

Okay, first of all, how do you know you'll get a Drapion if you can only catch the first Pokemon in a specific area?! The Great Marsh is all one area, and even if you're only catching the first new Pokemon in an area, there's no guarantee you'll end up with a Skorupi! Second of all, how do you know you'll end up getting one with Battle Armor?! Third of all, I would think fainting through a critical hit is even MORE deadly than fainting in the normal way! Your rules make no sense, and if I were you, I'd undergo a strict psychological evaluation before even attempting something like this.

Sigh.
I just tried this on Fire Red, lost with my squirtle pretty quick after a poison sting gone wrong. I'll try again on diamond sometime soon.

Beastiken9

Under construction
Sigh.
I just tried this on Fire Red, lost with my squirtle pretty quick after a poison sting gone wrong. I'll try again on diamond sometime soon.

I feel for ya....

Eh, don't feel like doing an update, I'll just do this:

Chimchar/Simisear Level 11
Timid/Blaze
~ Scratch
~ Taunt
~ Leer
~ Ember

(This fellow has a Timid, attack lowering nature. When it evolves, is it legit for me to trade it to Heart Gold for Vacuum wave and come straight back?)

Budew/Petlil Level 15
Modest/Poison Point
~ Absorb
~ Mega Drain
~ Growth
~ Stun Spore

Starly/Unfezant Level 10
Impish/Keen Eye
~ Tackle
~ Wing Attack
~ Quick Attack
~ Growl

Shinx/Zebstrika Level 10
Jolly/Intimidate
~ Tackle
~ Leer
~ Charge

Geodude/Gigalith Level 8
Forget/Sturdy
~ Tackle
~ Rock Polish
~ Harden
~ Rock Smash

Zubat/Swoobat Level 8
Forget/Inner Focus
~ Leech Life
~ Astonish
~ Supersonic

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I ventured into the Viridian Forest and encountered a Weedle. I had Ratty Tackle it to get its HP down, which he did. The Weedle then poisoned Ratty with Poison Sting. I wasn't too concerned since it didn't do too much damage and I was near the entrance. I captured the Weedle, named it Waspinator, and rushed to a Pokémon Center. I walked up to the nurse just as Ratty died from the poisoning. A very sad and unexpected death. Rest in peace, Ratty, you will be missed.

Beastiken9

Under construction
Well... Got an update
-grinded everyone to 25
-quailknows evolved!
-QT evolved
-took on Whitney
-clefairy was easy, but ATTRACT nearly killed my whole team
-got squirtbottle, killed the "odd" tree(nobody likes sudowoodo:()
Team
-GIVEITTOME(yanma)
-Quirks:p(butterfree)
-slaveqia(geodude)
-QT(togetic)
-Dam age(nidoran)
-Quailknows(pidgeotto)
RIP
-q gas(gastly)
-qarnivore(spinarak)
-agent q(cyndaquil€
-mr. qrabs(krabby)
-

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I ventured into the Viridian Forest and encountered a Weedle. I had Ratty Tackle it to get its HP down, which he did. The Weedle then poisoned Ratty with Poison Sting. I wasn't too concerned since it didn't do too much damage and I was near the entrance. I captured the Weedle, named it Waspinator, and rushed to a Pokémon Center. I walked up to the nurse just as Ratty died from the poisoning. A very sad and unexpected death. Rest in peace, Ratty, you will be missed.

Honestly, I'd let the Weedle die for that.

Beastiken9

Under construction
Got another update...
Caught Stantler!
Replaced nidoran with stantler
-got to ecruteak
-went to burnt tower, kicked rival butt
-caught magnemite!
-caught magikarp!
-defeated gym!
-need a surf slave....BADLY
-EDIT: slaveqia dies:(