• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nuzlocke Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryuel

tumblr_n2iu1vMqAZ1rjenv2o1_500.gif

Pokegyms & Trinity LEAGUES present: Nuzlocke Tournament
a real-time WIFI ΩRαS Tournament

• The Pokegyms & Trinity Leagues invite everyone with creativity and bravery to their casual Tournament for everyone!

• The Nuzlocke Tournament will take place on Sunday, Dec. 28 at 5 pm (GMT 0). If you are interested in joining, please read the rules below and simply indicate your participation in this thread. If you have a partner in mind, please also indicate this; otherwise you will randomly be assigned a partner for the tourney.

(Chatroom sponsored by Trinity League; no sign-up required)

Questions? Read our FAQ in the spoiler below, or ask our Tournament Overseers (Cryùel & Dragontamer44722)

For the "Nuzlocke" Tournament the theme is inspired by the popular Nuzlocke Challenge. The rules will be the following:
  1. Tournament format: Multilevel format (so no knock-outs)
  2. General Smogon Rules & ΩRαS Doubles OU Tier or lower (so no Ubers!)
  3. Multi Battle style with an assigned partner (partners will be assigned on Dec. 15; if you'd like to choose a partner you are welcome to do so and indicate this; last minute entries will be randomly assigned)
  4. Each individual player must carry 9 different Pokémon. When one of your Pokémon faints, you may not use it again for the rest of the Tournament!
  5. If you and your partner completely run out of Pokémon to use, you cannot proceed in further rounds.
  6. Should you run out of Pokémon to use to form a complete MultiBattle team of 3 Pokémon, you may use your partner's Pokémon if they agree. Otherwise, you will have to enter the battle at a disadvantage with a team of fewer members.
  7. In the rare case that you have run out of Pokémon to use and your partner only has one remaining Pokémon, you must enter the tournament with a Magicarp and use Splash to avoid necessitating the opponent to attack you first.
  8. Not more than 1 Legendary allowed per participant

Prizes:
  • Feature Prize*: Lv 50 Diancie (French), Naive with HP Fire 31/30/31/30/31/30 (1st place winner may choose any of the feature prizes)
  • Feature Prize*: Decolora Event Jirachi (Japanese), Jolly with 6IVs (2nd place winner, as the 1st place winner's partner, may choose any of the remaining feature prizes)
  • Feature Prize*: Lv 100 shiny Shaymin, Timid with 6IVs
  • Feature Prize*: Lv 1 shiny Manaphy, Hydration, Timid with 6 IVs
  • Participation Prize 1: shiny Lv 1 5IV Carvanha with Speed Boost, Adamant with Brine and Destiny Bond
  • Participation Prize 2: shiny Lv1 6IV Numel with Simple, Bold with Growth, Heat Wave, Stockpile and Yawn
*it should be noted that all Feature Prizes were obtained legally by means of RNG. (no Pokegen, etc.)

Q: Do I have to be a registered Challenger of the Pokegyms and/or Trinity League to participate?
A: No, anyone is welcome to join our casual Tournaments - registered Challengers, Gym Leaders, and non-League members alike. The more, the merrier~
Of course, we hope that your interactions and battles with League Members will show you how much fun our Leagues are. :)

Q: Since every Challenger has to use a team of 9 Pokémon, how do they bring them all in one team?
A: They don't; you'd select them in advance, only bring a team of 6 and replace 3 of those once they faint since you cannot reuse Pokémon that have fainted.

Q: Are Mega evolutions allowed?
A: As long as they are not part of Smogon's Uber Tier (i.e. Mega Blaziken/Gengar/Salamence), then yes Mega evolutions are allowed. And, yes, you are allowed to use two Mega Evolutions including your partner's by virtue of battling in MutliBattle Format.

Q: How many rounds are there, and are there knock-outs?
A: It is difficult to say due to the nature of the Nuzlocke mechanic and largely depends also on the number of participants. Since the tournament pairs people beyond the first turn by wins (meaning, you will likely be paired with a team of equal wins), you will certainly be battling 3 rounds at minimum! For this tournament we do not do best 2 out of 3 in a round, only one round.

Q: How long is a round?
A: Once pairings for a round are posted in the tournament tab of our googledoc, you can go ahead and PM/VM your opponent to add their FC & begin the battle. A battle should take no longer than 20 minutes, so please determine a winner by the end of those 20 minutes together (or otherwise take the exact score, for example: 3-2).

Q: What do I do after the first round?
A: You can update your first "Signing in" post using the Special Battle Result Form (in the OP on p. 1) and wait patiently for the tournament hosts to announce the next round. The tournament tab of our googledoc will list pairings when they have been determined.

Q: Can I switch out a member of my team, or an item, a move, etc. after the first round?
A: No, you cannot! The team you enter the first round with (moves, items, etc. included) may not be changed until the tournament is over. Of course you will be able to change 3 Pokémon with your remaining 3 out of 9 Pokémon, but only once 3 members out of your team of 6 have fainted. It is encouraged to list your opponent's team in the special battle result form (once the first round is completed).

Q: I have to leave, but the tournament isn't over yet. What do I do?
A: Even if things aren't going well for you in terms of battle results, please stick around until the end of the tournament out of courtesy for the other participants and also for your own enjoyment! If you absolutely need to leave, please mention that at the end of your updated "Signing in" post.

Q: What are the prizes?
A: Each tournament features at least 3 prizes, which will be announced in advance before the tournament begins. There featured prizes of which the 1st place winner may choose one from. The 2nd place winner gets the other featured prize, etc. There are also participation prizes which will be randomly distributed amongst the other participants. (only participants who have played all rounds, or all rounds except for one, can be considered for this prize)

Special Battle Result Form for the Nuzlocke Tournament
For the Pokegyms & Trinity Leagues Nuzlocke Tournament, participants should use only this special Battle Result Form. Ratings should always be constructive and provide opportunities for growth.
HTML:
Round #, Opponents: [Example: "Round 1, Mr.Y & Sito"]
Opponent Pokémon your team knocked out: [Example: "Noivern, Umbreon, Zapdos & Lopunny, Charizard, Keldeo"] (only post this AFTER the first round is complete)
Victor, Score: [Example: "Mr.Y & Sito, 2-0"]
Rate your team's performance: x/10
Rate opponents' performance: x/10
Constructive comments about the match:

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Hello everybody! As one of the overseers of this tournament, feel free to pm me if you have any questions!

venom1950

Ace Trainer
sign me up! i can't wait for this one. i just need someone to help me transfer 9 pokemon from X so i could participate in this tournament. i would transfer them with pokebank but pokebank doesn't transfer items and i'm in the middle of playthourgh in OR so there's no way i will get all the items in time

UPDATE:
gonna pair with Leafeon for this tournament

UPDATE 2.0:
me and leaf are tryharding for this tournament :D

Last edited:

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Spot reserved for sign-in come tourny time. :)

Partnering up with venom1950. I will also be available at any given time for the tournament come the 28th.

Last edited:

Khybon

Rub My Belly?
Im in. Partnering with Wecondo12. IS the tourney going over all 3 days or just those days. I think it would be good if it went for that long.

Marashu

Unless it's the 26th, I'm in. The plan is to partner with ColtonL, unless he can't make it after all.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Unless it's the 26th, I'm in. The plan is to partner with ColtonL, unless he can't make it after all.

This.

I'm staying with my brother till xmas. I do have internet and my games so I can still work out our teams/strategy but the date that we actually do it might not be good for me. 26th, right after xmas seems really iffy, but I'll still try.

phantomclaw

is it possible that the tourney could be shifted to xy
because lot of people will get oras during the holidays

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Im in. Partnering with Wecondo12. IS the tourney going over all 3 days or just those days. I think it would be good if it went for that long.

The Tournament will take place on a singel day at a certain time, though what day and time have not been determined.

cryuel

The Tournament will take place on a singel day at a certain time, though what day and time have not been determined.

To second this, while it would be great to have a three day long tourney, real-time tourneys are difficult to administer unless they take place on one day, particularly in the case of MultiBattles. It will be fun, promise. ;)

is it possible that the tourney could be shifted to xy
because lot of people will get oras during the holidays

We have considered using XY for this reason, but at the same time many people are looking forward to testing out new ORAS megas. People who obtain the games during the holidays can transfer their Pokémon from XY and hopefully play at not too much of a disadvantage. It is likely the 26th will not be the tourney day if many people seemingly would not be able to participate then since the date goes by doodle vote essentially.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Oh I won't be able to participate. I could probably scramble up 9 pokes in the next 3 days, but the internet here is meh :/ took several tries for my 3ds to connect to wifi.
Gl to you all!

cryuel

wait...we can choose our partner for the tournament?

You can indeed! If there's someone you know you'd like to team up with, simply mention it here. Any people who haven't indicated this on the day of the tourney will simply be paired up randomly. (with hopefully a relatively even number of participants)

Oh I won't be able to participate. I could probably scramble up 9 pokes in the next 3 days, but the internet here is meh :/ took several tries for my 3ds to connect to wifi.
Gl to you all!

Too bad, Colton, it would have been fun! :/ Cheer us on! :) (looks like, Marashu, you'll need to find a new partner!)

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
Woo! tournament! sign me up!

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Just as a note, depending on what day the tournament ends up being, I will be a back up partner for anyone who either does not have a partner or has a partner who is MIA. I have pokemon ready to go in case this happens, but please make sure you have at LEAST an hour to battle.

cryuel

Just as a note, depending on what day the tournament ends up being, I will be a back up partner for anyone who either does not have a partner or has a partner who is MIA. I have pokemon ready to go in case this happens, but please make sure you have at LEAST an hour to battle.

I will likely not be battling, seeing as I only have 2 badges due to a shiny badge quest hunt I'm doing with no access yet to Mega evolutions. That being said, I have XY Pokemon ready if I'm needed as a backup as well (depending on the number of participants).

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
I'm already signed up! Gonna join this tourney with my partners Scizor 64!

Status
Not open for further replies.