• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

O tamago's Animated Character Sprites

o tamago

completionist
Hey Guys! It's been a while since I've been on the forums, but I hope you like what I've been working on!

all sprites were created using the Diamond & Pearl walking sprites from the gender select screen. Naturally, this means I do not take credit for the DP style sprites for Dawn & Lucas.

You can also check these and other art out on my deviantArt account:
http://otamago.deviantart.com/

Enjoy!

Games:

rbgy.gif

gsc.gif

rse.gif

frlg.gif

dppt.gif

hgss.gif

98920777.gif

Manga:
rgb.gif

[Yellow]

gsc.gif

87522257.gif

frlg.gif

[Emerald]

[DPPt]

[HGSS]

I plan to create contest outfit sprites for Lucas & Dawn. Also I'm going to add variations of red's 1st gen sprite for his sugimori design variations.
I'm also about 80% done with sprites for the manga characters, so I'll post all those too when the set is complete.
No anime tho, sorry guys, I'm just not a fan of it :/

Last edited:

o tamago

completionist
I saw these on deviantart yesterday, they're quite amazing.

Please do the gym leaders :3

lol yea that was next on the list once I finish the manga characters and the other couple I was going to do. I will if I'm not sick of making these by then. They take a long time to make! XD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I freaking love you and your work! These are pretty awesome. I mean when I read the title of the thread I thought maybe they were going to be simplistic but these have a lot more detail than I thought. I especially like those Black/White animated sprites because we don't have many pictures of the new characters so I assume it must've been harder to turn them into animated sprites lol. All in all, these are amazing and I see no flaw in them. May I use a few with your permission?

o tamago

completionist

@ The 4th KIRA

Sure, I can send you the individual slides too if you'd like.
Just be sure to credit me, and I would like more info on what you're using them in/ to see the finished product. It's always cool to see how my sprites get used when they do :)

A note to other readers: just because I gave permission to The 4th KIRA does NOT mean you automatically get permission too, you must ask personally. sorry if I sound mean or anything, I've just had issues in the past with this...:/

Segesi

lol yea that was next on the list once I finish the manga characters and the other couple I was going to do. I will if I'm not sick of making these by then. They take a long time to make! XD

Yayyy :3
Do you have a base that you work off? Just wondering.. If so, could you please post it? :3

o tamago

completionist
haha well the only thing I used for a "base" per say is the Dawn & Lucas sprites from Diamond & Pearl that were ripped directly from the game. I just edited those and pretty much made all other hair/outfits/poses/arm positions from scratch. so...those were the bases I suppose >.>
sorry if that didn't help much XD

Segesi

haha well the only thing I used for a "base" per say is the Dawn & Lucas sprites from Diamond & Pearl that were ripped directly from the game. I just edited those and pretty much made all other hair/outfits/poses/arm positions from scratch. so...those were the bases I suppose >.>
sorry if that didn't help much XD

Oh I thought you made a blank person for each frame and just added on the clothes.
But anyways, great work. Please continue ;-D!

tom-tom

Furret <3
These are really great! I especially like the RBY ones.

Keep up the great work!!

Light Venusaur

Konoha's FMA Ninja
I got back to you via dA....as I wanted to say something....but it was short.....but I didn't want to say it on here. (FYI: I'm LV9 on dA)

Manchee

extra toasty
These are really good. I love the detail and how real they look compared to the games.

The only tiff I have with them is that there are only about four different poses. You have the one where they're walking normally (the way Silver is walking), the one where the girl has her hands at a little angle (Crystal, May), one with a hand on their bag (Kotone), and then the one with their hand on the strap of the bookbag (Lucas) ^^ I love the sprites, I just wish they had a few more styles of walking :p

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
I love these!!
i swear, every girl you made has short shorts/skirts... lol
and yeah, you should do gym leaders, can't wait to see them.

o tamago

completionist

These are really good. I love the detail and how real they look compared to the games.

The only tiff I have with them is that there are only about four different poses. You have the one where they're walking normally (the way Silver is walking), the one where the girl has her hands at a little angle (Crystal, May), one with a hand on their bag (Kotone), and then the one with their hand on the strap of the bookbag (Lucas) ^^ I love the sprites, I just wish they had a few more styles of walking :p

lol well if you notice, Dawn, Kotone, and leaf/white/bel all have *slightly* different hand position on their bags. So technically there are 6 poses :p

but yea I get what you're saying, they all are kinda the same. But the thing is, when you walk, how many people walk with some varied pose such as with arms out wide, or flailing around, or even marching? Just what kind of varied walking are you asking for? I mean I really cant think of many other ways people walk. no one really walks with hands on their hips, or arms behind their head (not for very long anyways) XD

just sayin :p

But I am glad you do like them, and if you do have another idea for a walking pose I might just use it. I just can't think of any myself XD

Last edited:

White Wizard

Hundred acre Woods
this was the last thingy i could find cool

o tamago

completionist

this was the last thingy i could find cool

I'm kind of confused about what you mean by that...

Don't take this the wrong way, but try some punctuation please.

"this was that last thingy i could find cool." would be an insult,
while "this was the last thingy i could find. cool." would be a compliment...

If it's an insult or a compliment, it doesn't really matter to me, I'm just curious which one you meant. XD

Segesi

Wow, these are amazing!! Well done.

As I said before, pwetty pwease do the gym leaders :3
Will you be doing the gym leaders after you complete the manga characters?

o tamago

completionist
Wow, these are amazing!! Well done.

As I said before, pwetty pwease do the gym leaders :3
Will you be doing the gym leaders after you complete the manga characters?

yea, I do plan on doing the gym leaders after I finish the manga characters :D
However I'm leaving for college in *2* days so I'm about to get REALLLL busy xD
I'll try to work on them when I can/feel like it, but it will probably be slow goinz :/

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Ooh, good. I like the N and B/W Male Character ones.