• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oaken Falls [PG-13]

Crystic

Pokémon Master
Wow. Hold on, I have to get this out of my system:
OMG THAT F***ING **** WAS AWSOME OMFG UBER 1337 STORY AHAHAHAHHAHA11!!!!1!1ONE !!!!

Now that that's out of the way. I really enjoyed reading this. I was about to play some Call of Duty 4, when I accidentally clicked the link in your signature while trying to close my browser, and now I'm hooked. Your writing is beautiful, like a butterfly dancing in the wind. I think I almost ****** my pants because I didn't want to stop reading to go to the bathroom. I think I might know who the 'old lady' is, but alas, you have inspired me to write my own fan fiction better, so I must spend my brain power on that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to see the wizard! The wonderful wizard of Oz!

EDIT: I just realized that Giratina didn't destroy Pewter; isn't that in Kanto? Or did it just destroy Oaken Falls?

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

Damn it took like five minutes for this window to finally load >.>

tbh I have no comment on this chapter- well I do but you know it's just more devotion cause well. You are teh epix. Tho now I am curious, how will Mewtwo fit into this? I know random and all, but it just struck me, when it was Kanto was the most tainted and all that, is it because of Silph Co? Team Rocket? When the cloned/bred a legendary for well Mewtwo?

I know you probably can't answer that so I'll stfu.

Tho I am wary of the Monster ['Darkrai'] as I am of Arceus, because it's so easy to believe one side of a story when you never heard of the other end's story.

Can't wait for the next chap Chesh.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Heres a question about Giratina. When Giratina destroyed the freeway you said it used Shadow Rush. Shadow Rush can only be learned by shadow Pokemon so is Giratina a shadow Pokemon?

Irith_Locke

Pk THUNDER!
Heres a question about Giratina. When Giratina destroyed the freeway you said it used Shadow Rush. Shadow Rush can only be learned by shadow Pokemon so is Giratina a shadow Pokemon?
No...catch a Giratina in D/P sometime. :p. It's Giratina's exclusive attack.

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
Whoa. Lots of new replies. @___@ I can't thank you all enough for taking the time to read my little story here. Let me dive straight into the comments:

So, I've got a couple theories, one involving lobsters. But that one is way too complicated, so I'll just mention the other:

Where is cresselia in all of this? It makes me wonder, because Alex's last encounter seemed more like a dream than a nightmare. Is something impersonating darkrai? And is mew involved? Where was mew banished to? Are all the other legendaries on arceus' side? I just can't picture jirachi attacking people. And this is pretty minor, but "arciadra" is almost an anagram of "darkrai". Was that just your method of coming up with the name, is it a complete coincidence, or does it go along with my theory of either darkrai or arciadra not being who it/they says/say they are?

...So many questions...
Cresselia is present in the world of this story, but is the not the reason for the "peaceful" scenario between Alex and Arciadra in the woods (as Arciadra said, they were not in the realm of dreams or nightmares, but inside the confines of Alex's fragile mind; the woods are a figment of Alex’s imagination). The concept of this dream/nightmare world will become clearer in the future. Cresselia's role is less significant than you think, although she inadvertently causes a great change towards the end of the fic and will be seen in some upcoming chapters. Doing what, you ask? Can't tell ya. :X

I'm glad you brought up Mew. Now, if you'll remember from the canon, Mew appears to be constantly on the move throughout the entire world. This is, after all, the only reason Team Rocket ever found part of Mew's DNA in a lost temple and used it to engineer Mewtwo. Mew was simply exiled from Mount Coronet and the Hall of Origin, never allowed to return and have a say in any of the Council's decisions (not banished to any particular place). Which leads me to address your next question...

Remember when Arceus said that he wanted to wipe out the humans eventually? Mew responded by saying that the Council would never oblige. Arceus then replied by saying that his "friends beg to differ."

They're both right, so you can guess what opposing views will do to the Council in the future. There are going to be some complications. I think you know what I mean. ;(

"Arciadra" is an anagram of "Darkrai" (replacing the "k" with the "c" in order to emphasize the "Arc" at the beginning of the name, which is also at the beginning of Arceus' name). I did it on purpose, but in the story, there is certainly a reason for it. And as before, I am not going to divulge any more about Arciadra or Darkrai, because the answers you've all been waiting for will come soon enough. If any of you can figure it out before that fateful chapter is written, kudos. xD

I hope that helped. :)
You finally released the next chapter! *dances to random Latin music*-- Ok, just a few questions--Who is the weird 'wild woman' and her Golduck? (I think I know who she is, though...) Is Mew going to play a major role in this? (please don't kill her!) Is Annie really going to take the Pokemon? (Personal opinion, yes, with dire consequences) Is there going to be any more appearances from the characters we know? (ex.-Ash, Pikachu, Misty, Brock, May, Dawn, Tracey, etc.?) Will there ever be anymore Trainers? (Hopefully someday...) I'm sorry for all the questions, but my ADD brain just has to know!!! Get the next chapter up soon! =] =]
You'd be surprised how much Latin music I have in my iTunes library. xD

I can't answer most of those questions, but I have provided some hints in the spoiler above, in response to the review Armored Dragon left. :)
Saved by a hobo.

I have to admit, that was pretty darned sweet. xD Alex's emotions are right on the dot too -exactly how you'd think a kid would behave after seeing his mom blown to bits. Heck, I was sitting at my screen here, "Dammit, turn around and go get her!" xxPP

I also love how you've characterized Cynthia. She is amazing. :p

I loves your story, x10000000. 8D

//crappy review.
Well, the woman isn't actually a hobo. xD She's a nomad. She doesn't really have a place to go to, as you'll soon see. And I'm glad you like the story, IC. :p
I finally got it! The relationship between Arciadra and Darkrai that is. The Monster is Darkrai, so Arciadra created Darkrai. Arciadra created Darkrai by accident becuase his imprisonment drove him crazy and it created Darkrai, which explains why the Monster constantly tormented Alex in his dreams. They look the same becuase Darkrai was unconciously modelled by Arciadra to look like him I suppose.
You were getting so warm until you mentioned that last sentence! ):
Wow. This is an amazing story. I personally LOVE stories with dark tone...I mean, sure, journey fics can have villians, but not godly-world-ending-rage stuff like in this. All through chapter 3, I could just feel the suspense building; it was amazing.
Cynthia is awesome...I love Lucario, too. A Lucario driving is just plain cool.
But yeah. I really have no complaints here. I don't care about grammar/spelling (or really notice it) unless it distracts from the story, and it never did here, so I didn't notice anything.
This story has me hooked.
o__o Thanks for the review, Irith Locke. I'm actually really shocked that you did, because I only just reviewed the first chapter of your story. xD That was very gracious of you.

Oh, and I see you have a second chapter up. :X I better go read eet.
Wow. Hold on, I have to get this out of my system:
OMG THAT F***ING **** WAS AWSOME OMFG UBER 1337 STORY AHAHAHAHHAHA11!!!!1!1ONE !!!!

Now that that's out of the way. I really enjoyed reading this. I was about to play some Call of Duty 4, when I accidentally clicked the link in your signature while trying to close my browser, and now I'm hooked. Your writing is beautiful, like a butterfly dancing in the wind. I think I almost ****** my pants because I didn't want to stop reading to go to the bathroom. This has to be the best fan ficti- No, best book I have ever read. You are the staple of the fan fiction community to aspire to. Don't even think that was a real sentence. Not even me, Crystic, the one notices almost every error, could not be troubled in correcting you in the suspense of the story. I think I might know who the 'old lady' is, but alas, you have inspired me to write my own fan fiction better, so I must spend my brain power on that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to see the wizard! The wonderful wizard of Oz!
I'm very flattered that you should say I'm one to aspire to, but believe me, there are far more talented authors out there than myself. Nevertheless, I'm very grateful for your kind words. :]

I just hope I don't get sued over some bladder explosions in the near future. >>;
Damn it took like five minutes for this window to finally load >.>

tbh I have no comment on this chapter- well I do but you know it's just more devotion cause well. You are teh epix. Tho now I am curious, how will Mewtwo fit into this? I know random and all, but it just struck me, when it was Kanto was the most tainted and all that, is it because of Silph Co? Team Rocket? When the cloned/bred a legendary for well Mewtwo?

I know you probably can't answer that so I'll stfu.

Tho I am wary of the Monster ['Darkrai'] as I am of Arceus, because it's so easy to believe one side of a story when you never heard of the other end's story.

Can't wait for the next chap Chesh.
Silph, outsourcing corporations, Team Rocket; all of those baddies (and many more) are responsible for giving Kanto a bad reputation. Johto, eh, not so much (there was only that little incident where Team Rocket was trying to resurrect itself). Hoenn and Sinnoh had three different teams trying to get their hands on Legendaries, but their tactics weren't widespread and didn't target common Pokémon. The Legendaries laughed at Galactic, Aqua, and Magma's efforts, which were foiled in the end. xP

In short, yes, Kanto is the most tainted. And I knew you'd ask about Mewtwo. :p Unfortunately, that is also a taboo topic until the big, bad clone in question is referred to in the story.

Arciadra's story is certainly reasonable. However, maybe he generated that "nightmare" involving Mew and Arceus with his own powers to trick Alex into thinking Arceus was the real villain, when Arceus may have nothing to do with it at all. O: But why would Arciadra do such a thing? On the other hand, Arciadra may be telling the truth. But can you trust this Pokémon that seems perfectly sane one minute, and starts ripping apart people the next?

A very troubling issue, indeed...

Oh, I'm also glad you're equating "the Monster" with "Darkrai."
Actually the unique attack is Shadow Force. Shadow Rush is unique to Shadow Pokemon, not Giratina.
Woops, my bad. XD See, I was looking through Giratina's moveset to MAKE SURE it was "Shadow Force", but I wound up writing "Shadow Rush" anyway. xD I'm a ditz.

Chapter V is stuck on 11 pages. I'm not sure how long it's going to be; it all depends on...well, never mind. xD I'm also supposed to be working on my epic screenplay at the same time so the creativity is divided up.

Last edited:

Topaz Archer

TheWorldIsQuietHere
You... are... amazing.

I'm so glad you strayed away from the typical 10 year old getting his starter and going on an Oh-So-Grand-Adventure gist.

This was so ominous.
So eerie.
So...real.

This is totally the kind of thing that OUR world has come to!

You made Giratina a truly frightening antagonist.
He's a very frightening figure, now.
We're not dealing with the typical, mortal criminal syndicate here. Oh no. This is the GODS we are talking about.

Not to mention you have made me start thinking Darkrai is Arceus's shadow. No seriously, pull up sprites of them and toggle between them. They look very similar.

My only complaint is that you made Alex and Annie trust each other too fast. But really, I don't care. Maybe they just are those kind of people.

Amazing. I can't wait till the next chapter.

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
I'm not dead!

You... are... amazing.
Thank you! :D So are you! :p
I'm so glad you strayed away from the typical 10 year old getting his starter and going on an Oh-So-Grand-Adventure gist.[/QUOTE]
My original intent was to make this an OT fic starring Alex and Annie, but the thought of Cynthia scouring the decrepit remains of Professor Oak's legendary research facility for documents knocked some sense into me. :D
This was so ominous.
So eerie.
So...real.

This is totally the kind of thing that OUR world has come to!
The pollution, industrialization, extinction, etc.? Yessss, I wanted to make that real-world connection. Legendary Pokémon ripping cities to shreds? Not so much. xDDD
You made Giratina a truly frightening antagonist.
He's a very frightening figure, now.
We're not dealing with the typical, mortal criminal syndicate here. Oh no. This is the GODS we are talking about.
Hell YEAH. Try an' stop 'em. They're awfully stubborn--at least, Arceus is. :p
Not to mention you have made me start thinking Darkrai is Arceus's shadow. No seriously, pull up sprites of them and toggle between them. They look very similar.
They do look similar, yes, but I can assure you that Arciadra, Darkrai, and Arceus are all, technically, separate entities. "Technically." :p
My only complaint is that you made Alex and Annie trust each other too fast. But really, I don't care. Maybe they just are those kind of people.
Mmm. They will definitely hit some bumps soon. Especially when Annie's little secret is out. That'll teach 'em damn teens to trust each other too quickly! :p But yes, I agree that it seemed a little rushed. I should try fixing that later, although under the circumstances, I can understand why they'd need one another. Their friends and loved ones in Oaken Falls are dead, after all. They've got to cling to what they have, which is each other.

Sorry about the long silence, folks! I've been in the process of moving from Colorado to Washington and haven't tended to the fic properly. Not only that, but I'm entering my senior year in high school, which denotes awful things like AP summer reading/essay assignments and scholarship scavenging hunts for college. :p

I have written plenty of the next chapter, but due to some pretty intense writer's block and my preoccupied schedule for the past couple of months, I haven't finished it.

Howevah!

I've gotten some of my zest back from this annoying "vacation" I've had and would like to continue--as soon as my AP work is finished. That could be within the next two weeks, just for your information.

Rest assured: I am definitely not giving up on this fic, even if I have to drag it through my freshman year in college! :p I will be spending less time on writing stories, though, and more time studying and writing theses, so expect the chapter releases to be slower than usual. Much slower.

As always, thank you for your patience. I'm flattered that several people have actually sent me PMs and left messages/comments concerning the future welfare of this fic.

I'll do my best to keep bringing it to you. :)

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
.........sniff.......sniff.....What happened to viridian city? ):
Any ways your story is the best!
I mean it's like war of the Gods....
But it's realy like a fan fic I was writing only mine was PG, and was about Time and Space problems and the balance of power...
well Mew is awsome poor thing gettin banished from Mt. Cornet
and the destruction of Oaken Falls*Shudder*it had me at the edge of my seat!
well i see nothing wrong and i encourage you to continue writing.

Cariyaga

Fanfiction Reader
Holy shishkabob. I demand that you ask Nintendo for the rights to publish this. I just finished my marathon read of this. I'm really having to resist the urge to insert a few expletives for emphasis on how BOOPING AWESOME JOO ISH.

I just hope you're close to being finished with the next chapter.

Anyway, I'd like a longer theme song for this. :p

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Oh...My...God...

AWESOME FANFIC!!!

I LUV CARNAGE AND BLOOD!!!

...But only in written form. I get queasy if I see it in movies.

Don't know why.

Anyway, can't wait!

And Yami Ryu is a cool person.

....Don't ask why. I just like his reviews.

Yami Ryu

Taboootwoooo.

aha, I couldn't not play with the words.

Though damnit Chesh, I look here cause I think you've updated cause people are reviewing again, and no, you haven't, ;-; evil cat-man, evil.

even if I have to drag it through my freshman year in college! :p

Or we all rally and do it for you :d

Anyways ignore us impatient folks and don't worry about it Chesh; aslong as you do continue this fic and don't let it drop dead, I won't complain. Much.