• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OakNapped! (010)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
OakNapped!

In Pallet Town for a visit, Richie goes to see Professor Oak, however the Professor is meant to be off recording a TV Program. Richie and Tracey go to meet him there to discover that he has been kidnapped. It turns out Butch & Cassidy are behind it and are looking to find out about Pokérus. Can Richie & Tracey find Oak before its too late?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

I just watched this episode and it was so great! It was good to see Richie again (I never used to like him but I do now) and Sparky is just cool!
The battle at the end was good and when Zippo's Flamethrower set Prof. Oak's hair on fire, it was just funny!
Rose is a good addition to Richie's team. Sableye and Mightyena were really strong! Butch and Cassidy have trained them well.
It's so funny in like every episode when Butch and Cassidy are in them when someone calls Butch "Botch", his face...hahaha!
I really like Pokemon Hoso, I've been watching a few episodes recently and I hope that Pokemon Chronicles is dubbed Hoso.

S

Shiny May

just seen the ep and it's a cool one. And indeed, Zippo turning Oak's head on fire was really cool!
Mightyena, Sableye and Taillow are good Hoenn pokemon in this hoso and Taillow does indeed fit Richie.
Also very smart of B&C to dress up like Nidoqueen to get out of the building and in the building.

articuno_trumps_all

<========Ball Squeez
Wow. the way Richie handled TR was really interesting. I’ve never seen Ash send them flying through a glass window. Kudos to Richie’s new mean-streak.

Batdude

Old school
I thought the battling at the end of this was the best part. I'm gonna assume that the dub changed a few things in this. Appartently Richie has an Eevee. Was that in the original? He wanted to talk to Oak about how to evolve his Eevee. Butch had some pretty good facial expressions here too. I nearly felt like smacking Richie when Tracey mentioned that Ash had a Taillow and he said 'Yeah, we tend to catch alot of the same Pokémon' . Of course you do, clone. I tell ya, if Richie and May had a kid there is a very high chance that it just might BE Ash with all the obvious similarities. As hard as I try, I just can't really like Richie. There's just something about him that gets to me. And I just LOVED when Tracey was like 'Yeah, he beat Ash!'. Not.

Mary's cute enough, and in one shot Cassidy's 'assets' were much larger looking. The whole Pokérus thing was cool too, that they acknowledge it in the show.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
It was a great episode. Butch and Cassidy much more competent than Jessie and James, even thought I prefer the latter. Another appearence of Tracey's Scyther, which I was glad about. That old thing really can battle. Also, I like the comment made by Richie, about him and Ash usually actching the same types of Pokémon. He is the real Ash clone, not May.

One more thing, Richie has an Eevee o.0 I never knew that.

HG

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Quick question, did Richie call his Pikachu "Sparky" like he did back in the main series?

I wonder if 4kids screwed up and forgot that Richie's Pokemon all have nicknames.

Hey wait a sec isn't Porf.Namba from the whirl islands episodes? Yeah, Butch and Cassidy worked for him then too.

The Butch name mistakes:

"Bob" and there was another one but Butch actually said these two lines. "Didn;t your mother teach you to learn other peoples names!" and "Why doesn't anyone ever forget your name?" (To Cassidy,)

Yep, it said Richie has an Eevee. Must be dub error I pressume?

Pokérus, was good and Syther can still battle well as Hunting Guard said. Also I prefer Butchs and Cassidys Hitmontop and Houndour(Houndoor as she said in the last special with them in O_O) which they used in the whirl islands in too.

Pretty good and Mary seemed cuter in this ep.

CC, Charmeleon was called Zippo, Pikachu Sparky and Talliow Rose which I think are all right.

Batdude

Old school
Richie called his Pokémon Sparky, Zippo and Rose, Cybercubed. Sparky even had the same voice as he did way back when. The only thing they changed seems to be the introduction of his Eevee.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Cool, little errors in this one I guess.

Even if 4kids altered a line for Richie to have an Eevee, it doesn't really matter. Richie probably has a ton of Pokemon we don't know about.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

in scenes cassidy's breasts went HUGE!

and richie was concerned about his Eevee[/] but was there mention of an eevee in the japanese one?

and was pokérus in the jap version?

and richie's voice seemed different

and it proves that jessie and james arent always the 'bumbling morons'!

Butch and Cassidy have trained their pokemon well

7/10

Batdude

Old school
I always expected C&B to be the smart ones though. I guess they still are, but they were a bit less professional at tims. Like when Butch's face went all wacky.

ShucklemasterJ said:
in scenes cassidy's breasts went HUGE!
You KNOW it! *hi-fives*

Alfonso

Derpgull
Pokerus was indeed in the Japanese version.

...wtf. Eevee? -_- Pretty sure there was no mention of one in the Japanese version. Certain of it, in fact.

Bob. lol. Just lol. That's actually pretty good, and... a nickname for my real name. wtf. I just realised. I'm Butch! I mean, people keep on getting my user name wrong... Alfanso, Alphonso, Aphonse, Alponso, Alfonzo... I'm Butch. o_o;

ARUFONSO DA! >o<

Oos is Cassidy. XD

Her breast were huge, weren't they? *hi fives shuckle and batdude*

Ha, Alfonso your Butch.

Well in the whole anime Butch has been called so many names they ran out one time they called him: Bip. Remember? You now in Showdown at the Oak Crowal.(sp?)

Batdude

Old school
Torkoal Stu said:
Her breast were huge, weren't they? *hi fives shuckle and batdude*
You now in Showdown at the Oak Crowal.(sp?)
*hi-fives*

I seriously thought they were gonna say bitch when I heard the 'bi' part in the Corral ep. Then I came to my senses.

Scyther vs Mightyena was pretty cool. A very physical fight indeed.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
You KNOW it's a dub change if there was absolutely no mention of one when the special aired. o_O

And it's amazing. They keep Subame's nickname (Rose) yet they change Leon (Pikachu) to "Sparky." The hell's up with that?

Batdude

Old school
His name was always Sparky. And this is the first time we see Rose, well dubbed anyway. I never recall him referring to his Pikachu by any name other than Sparky.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Didn't Cassidy have pretty large breasts in the last Hoso she was in too? Of course, it probably wasn't as noticable considering her and Butch were in those costumes for the majority of the episode...
I wouldn't be surprised if she was like that in all of them actually. They seem to stick to the same artists with each episode~
Haha, what a great discussion. <3 Cassidy~