• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oak's Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucos

So I've read that this week all Platinum possessors can get a wonder card for Shaymin through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. To bad I only have Diamond. BUT...

A friend of mine does have Platinum and he got his Shaymin today. Now I've read on serebii.net that some wonder cards can be send to (five) friends. So my friend and I where wondering, can he send this Shaymin wondercard to my Diamond and if he can, can he send it over the internet (wi-fi) or only when we see each other in real life (from DS straight to DS)?

mas

Not sure, but if your friend knows how to send you a mystery gift to you then it might be possible.

Castiel

Ive never actually done mystery gift with a friend, but I believe you can do it from where ever. However, I am not sure about it going to diamond because I think some things can only work for platinum.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Oak's Letter Mystery Gift can not be shared, so no. (Sharing is also local wireless and not Wi-Fi) The only Wi-Fi event that have been sharable so far has been the Secret Key, which from what I've heard is only able to be shared by the Japanese version of Platinum. On a similar note, when you try to give a game that can not receive a specific shareable event item (for example, HeartGold and SoulSilver can not get the Secret Key) you will get an error that basically says that it can't be shared with that game. I would imagine that Diamond and Pearl would work the same way with the Secret Key as it did when I tried it to HeartGold

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Has there been an Oak's Letter event for Diamond and Pearl yet?

Tiomasta

Not amused
Oak's Letter Mystery Gift can not be shared, so no. (Sharing is also local wireless and not Wi-Fi) The only Wi-Fi event that have been sharable so far has been the Secret Key, which from what I've heard is only able to be shared by the Japanese version of Platinum. On a similar note, when you try to give a game that can not receive a specific shareable event item (for example, HeartGold and SoulSilver can not get the Secret Key) you will get an error that basically says that it can't be shared with that game. I would imagine that Diamond and Pearl would work the same way with the Secret Key as it did when I tried it to HeartGold

Yes, this.

Those wonder cards simply can not be shared.
The only one that you could give to someone was indeed the Japanese Secret Key. Every other can't be send over.

Has there been an Oak's Letter event for Diamond and Pearl yet?

No, only the Shaymin giveaway(like the current Arceus). It's doubtful that they will do the Oak's Letter for D/P, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.