• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oak's pokemon poems?

IceKing

Sexorific!
Does anyone specifically remember the poems Oak recited in those episodes involving his poetry (namely "Will the Real Professor Oak please Stand Up")? I remembered they made no sense but were supposedly full of meaning, but I want to know what they exactly were for a fanfiction I'm writing and the anime thread was obviously the best place to ask ^^

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I loved that episode, but I don't remember much about the poems. There was that one Jessie 'suggested' about Wobbufet and a hair beret, and there was one about a Blastoise's shell, and one about Slowbro maybe...

Meh, I guess I'm not being very helpful. :/

Shikamaru

Strawberry Milk
I'm not fully correct but I belive Oak in that episode over the radio said a poem about starmie and it's jewel. I'm not fully sure though.

IceKing

Sexorific!
Thanks anyway. I figured no one would know, but hey there could be someone who memorized the poems by heart XD Oh well, they're not absolutely ESSENTIAL for my fic, since Oak is saying them stoned

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
it was actually a reference to Orchid's Pokemon poetry at the end of his Pokemon lectures, which were at the end of every episode. With it, a fan would submit a haiku about the Pokemon, and the lucky winner would have their's read by Orchid. Of course, when translated into English, haiku loses its meaning since the amount of syllables change, so the dub changed it to everyday poetry.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Yamato-san said:
it was actually a reference to Orchid's Pokemon poetry at the end of his Pokemon lectures, which were at the end of every episode. With it, a fan would submit a haiku about the Pokemon, and the lucky winner would have their's read by Orchid. Of course, when translated into English, haiku loses its meaning since the amount of syllables change, so the dub changed it to everyday poetry.
..........Orchid? 0_o;
I belive that it could be something about Blastoise shell.