• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Obama lifts U.S. HIV/Aids immigration ban

Ethan

Banned
I'm not sure what to think, really. On the surface it sounds like a good idea, because who wants to discriminate right? Yet as with most laws and policies, I think there's probably a little more to it than it simply being "rooted in fear."

I also love how BBC had to mention that Saudi Arabia and Libya had this policy too, because we're clearly just like them!

BigLutz

Banned
Seems like one of those obscure bans that happened in the height of the AIDS fear that everyone forgot about. I would have to say good for him on this, and I do not say that often.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
^^^^^^^^^^^ Statsie has my view (that is, if one can afford treatment). Plus people in the USA will be at a risk anyway, so this dosn't really change anything for the Average Joe and Joanne.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
But it incresses the kisk cause even more people will be walking around with it.

But it incresses the kisk cause even more people will be walking around with it.
... You don't get AIDs by people walking around with it. You get AIDs by having sex or sharing needles with somebody who has AIDs. As long people still have safe sex no risks are increased.

Anyway, it's a good idea. Maybe Obama can do something right after all.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I don't think it's a matter of discrimination that the ban was there in the first place.

I'm glad people with HIV/AIDS can now come visit their relatives in the U.S. On the other hand, if they need treatment, I'm not glad that this could fill even more hospital beds and take even more funding from our healthcare system.

All in all, okay, it's a good thing.

Seems like one of those obscure bans that happened in the height of the AIDS fear that everyone forgot about. I would have to say good for him on this, and I do not say that often.

No.....fucking.......way....................

Okay up is down, white is black, wet is dry, and Biglutz agrees with obama.

I'am now fully convinced everything I've been told is a lie.

ForeverFlame

I believe that he did the right thing on this one. It's not like you can catch HIV from breathing the same air as someone with the disease, so there was no real reason for the ban in the first place. Just wear a condom and try not to go screwing every random immigrant to set foot in the country.

Wow, Obama did something right and necessary.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Next Rusland will be Obama's groupie