• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Obama Vs. Romney: 2012 US Election

Do you support Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 86 27.2%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 230 72.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I've been unemployed since july of 2011, so Obama is at fault in my mind.
(this is where Cosmic fails to mention to everyone that he willfully and voluntarily quit his full time job and moved to a state with high unemployment)
You should come to Texas, there will soon be a lot of jobs at the Port of Houston.

You should come to Texas, there will soon be a lot of jobs at the Port of Houston.

I just moved from Texas to Florida this year lol XD

dd1zzle

Honestly I can't wrap my mind around why someone would vote for Obama at this point. What he is most known for is government handouts....that is NOT the way to get an economy back on track. Did he also not promise to reduce government spending? Has that happened? Nope.

Romney would not be a great President.....but at this point anything is better than Obama

I completely agree with you, but I don't really think Romney will win.

BigLutz

Banned
BBC has a new article on the US consulate, it's sad we have to go to the British press for info.

"US embassies and consulates in areas of the world where they are deemed liable to attack are usually offered a formal security contract called a Worldwide Protective Services Agreement, known in the industry as a 'Wips'.

The contract, or so-called tasking order, is between the US state department and any one of several major private military contractors such as DynCorp International and Aegis Defence Services.

Under this agreement, extensive security precautions are put in place, including low-profile armoured vehicles, run-flat tyres, sufficient weapons, ammunition and trained personnel, as well as a tried and tested command and control system.

But sources have told the BBC that on the advice of a US diplomatic regional security officer, the mission in Benghazi was not given the full contract despite lobbying by private contractors.

Instead, the US consulate was guarded externally by a force of local Libyan militia, many of whom reportedly put down their weapons and fled once the mission came under concerted attack. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19605322

I don't belong to a political party.
Initially, I had decided to vote for Romney, but the more crap that comes out of his mouth.... *shudder*
So with that said, I'm either voting for Obama or not voting.

Lethal Llama

Random Trainer
Well considering I don't live in America, I won't be voting. And I haven't been following the election that closely.

Taking my most minor opinion on this subject into consideration, I would be voting Obama. I am ignorant on their economic policies, which leaves only social policies. Considering the fact that I'm gay and Obama is in support of gay marriage while Romney is against it, I think you can guess where my non-existent vote is going.

I'M VOTING ROMNEY!!!!!
Lol jk.

-Raiga-

I've been unemployed since july of 2011, so Obama is at fault in my mind.
(this is where Cosmic fails to mention to everyone that he willfully and voluntarily quit his full time job and moved to a state with high unemployment)

Obama is only responsible for how MANY jobs there are, not whether or not someone can fill out a few applications. I'm not bagging on you or anything, but I see no reason no one shouldn't have a job even in this economy. Try craigslist if you haven't already, I've had a few friends who got good jobs out of it.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly

In fact, I'll make a prediction here. If Obama wins, I predict he might be the last President of the United States as we know it.

Whether this happens or not, that is up to the voters.
What? One bad president isn't going to be the end of the United States as we know it. That's just a hyperbole, and there's no way anyone could believe that. Neither Romney or Obama COULD be that bad.

randomspot555

Taking my most minor opinion on this subject into consideration, I would be voting Obama. I am ignorant on their economic policies, which leaves only social policies. Considering the fact that I'm gay and Obama is in support of gay marriage while Romney is against it, I think you can guess where my non-existent vote is going.

Obama pretty much has the same stance on same-sex marriage as George Wallace did on integrating blacks and whites into the same schools: Let the states decide.

Obama is only responsible for how MANY jobs there are, not whether or not someone can fill out a few applications. I'm not bagging on you or anything, but I see no reason no one shouldn't have a job even in this economy. Try craigslist if you haven't already, I've had a few friends who got good jobs out of it.

The problem with this school of thought is the types of jobs that people can be quickly hired for are crap, hourly jobs where you won't even know how many hours you'll be scheduled for each week. Kind of hard to do long term budget planing and bill paying when you don't know if you'll be working 40 hours next week or 20, and it is hard to manage time between 2 or 3 jobs if they both operate on fluctuating schedules.

And by virtue of being hired or even a meager increase in income, you possibly disqualify yourself from welfare benefits such as food stamps, unemployment, Medicaid and other state and local programs. I think there is a very real problem with people not taking work due to how much they "earn" in welfare, but at the same time, we have to recognize why people do this. It isn't because they are lazy and love being leeches, but because their status and life could change by saying "yes" to that job offer.

I think if, instead of just saying "Hey, you have a job, say bye to your food stamps completely" (or whatever the welfare or unemployed benefit was), you gradually decrease it instead of taking it all away in a blink of an eye. This gives people who just got a job to still have a stable life while they wait for that first paycheck, maybe even save some before any government assistance they're on ends.

Lethal Llama

Random Trainer
Obama pretty much has the same stance on same-sex marriage as George Wallace did on integrating blacks and whites into the same schools: Let the states decide.

That may be so but he either personally supports it or lets each state decide while Romney is in opposition to it.
Like I said I'm quite ignorant and completely insignificant in this debate anyway, but hey, why be on a forum but to shove your opinion in people's faces?

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
You're right, that's not much. But it's still better than Romney's stance, who wants to outright ban it.

Thanks but I was joking, I don't really blame Obama lol that was the point of it. I thought that was evident by the sentence in parenthesis lol.

Heldigunner1

lime in the coconut
Romney says, the middle class are those who make 250,000 dollars. lol. How much money do you need to become upper class I wonder.

Last edited:
You're right, that's not much. But it's still better than Romney's stance, who wants to outright ban it.

Can you provide a source that quotes him as saying that he wants to ban gay marriage? And, if so, has he made this statement after getting on the Republican campaign trail and trying to appeal to social conservatives? I know Rmoney's had a hard time distinguishing his health care plan from Obamacare without making ridiculous statements, so choosing just now to claim he'll ban gay marriage could easily express desperation rather than his actual view.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Well considering I don't live in America, I won't be voting. And I haven't been following the election that closely.

I'M VOTING ROMNEY!!!!!
Lol jk.

All the more reason to vote AGAINST Obama.

Um...Kazekage? It looks like you missed several important posts on the page. The claims "Obama is pro-gay marriage" and "Romney is anti-gay marriage" are both problematic.

And TheWatersGreatGuardian was pretty clearly indicating that people who are not pro-gay shouldn't vote for Obama.

Last edited:

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Um...Kazekage? It looks like you missed several important posts on the page. The claims "Obama is pro-gay marriage" and "Romney is anti-gay marriage" are both problematic.

And TheWatersGreatGuardian was pretty clearly indicating that people who are not pro-gay shouldn't vote for Obama.
Of course I was. I am completely against any kind of queerness. But that is all I am going to say on that subject. Big can of worms.

randomspot555

Can you provide a source that quotes him as saying that he wants to ban gay marriage? And, if so, has he made this statement after getting on the Republican campaign trail and trying to appeal to social conservatives? I know Rmoney's had a hard time distinguishing his health care plan from Obamacare without making ridiculous statements, so choosing just now to claim he'll ban gay marriage could easily express desperation rather than his actual view.

Romney advisor Ed Gillespie (Think Progress article w/ YouTube video) when asked if the Romney campaign will campaign on the issue of marriage: "I think it’s an important issue for people..."

Romney signed the National Organization for Marriage pledge, committing to defend DOMA, advocate for a federal constitutional amendment defining marriage, and appoint judges who'll legislate from the bench for Team R.

Romney also took steps to try to stop same-sex marriage form happening in Massachusetts, and I think he was able to get it so only MA residents could get gay married, but I can't seem to find a source on it. He's talked about it several times though.

Status
Not open for further replies.