• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Obama Vs. Romney: 2012 US Election

Do you support Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 86 27.2%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 230 72.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Floette

Fennekin
If you can vote, who are you voting for? If not, who would you vote for?

1) Why are you voting for that candidate?
2) Are you voting across party lines?
3) Will this be your first time voting?
4) How do you feel about the economic and social policies of each candidate?

Last edited:

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
My wife and I will be voting for Romney.
1&2)We are Republican
3) their policies both have strong and weak points, I just intend to Vote for change, cause that worked so well the first time.

Last edited:

Silver Soul

I'm voting for Obama because hey, he may not be perfect but at least he tried to get things done despite Congressional Republicans working to make him one-term President. It's not like Romney has some better ideas or otherwise he would have told us already what his plans are.

BigLutz

Banned
I will be voting for Mitt Romney.

Obama has been shown to be a proven failure in the art of politics, he has led us into a state of malaze and has largely lost the trust of Congress, in many ways he is already a lame duck. I believe Romney's experience at Bain, and as Governor show how to work across the aisle as well as getting businesses turned around.

Will I vote across party line? Maybe down ballot, it depends on who is on it.

Is this my first time voting? No

Social/Economic Policies: Right now I could care less about the social policies of the two candidates, while I do skew libertarian I believe we have more important issues right now than social issues. Economic issues, I believe Obama has fallen in love with the stupidity of the Occupy movement and repealing the Bush tax cuts, that he has lost sight on how to fix this economy.

If I were American I'd grit my teeth and vote for Romney.

This is a vote first and foremost about the economy. Obama has failed utterly on that count, as well as many others.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
I will not be voting because I am British and stuck with a much much worse prime minister.

But if I could vote, I wouldn't.

Old Soul

Banned
ugh but romney is such a douche. i mean, its mega cool that he ran his own business and everything, but running a business doesn't really mean you know how to run an entire national economy. maybe it just me but i think they are a bit more complicated. i know the economy is more important than social issues, but i just can't in good conscience vote for mitt romney. come on, they put a constitutional amendment banning the possibility of all same sex marriages in their platform. how can i as a gay woman, in good faith, vote for a party that supports something that would invalidate all gay marriages ever performed and stop them from ever taking place again.

kijgnfirtug4w9540wgnbw

motherfuck. i don't even know. i think obama is a nice guy and everything but i really wish he'd stop kissing everyones ass and grow a spine. i don't know who to vote for.

BigLutz

Banned
ugh but romney is such a douche. i mean, its mega cool that he ran his own business and everything, but running a business doesn't really mean you know how to run an entire national economy. maybe it just me but i think they are a bit more complicated.

Wouldn't running a company give you insight into what companies need to succeed? I mean as opposed to Obama who was a glorified State Senator ( And barely a U.S. Senator ) when he was elected.

i know the economy is more important than social issues, but i just can't in good conscience vote for mitt romney. come on, they put a constitutional amendment banning the possibility of all same sex marriages in their platform. how can i as a gay woman, in good faith, vote for a party that supports something that would invalidate all gay marriages ever performed and stop them from ever taking place again.

Party Platform =/= What the Candidate will do.

xDWarrior

I'm not voting. I favor Obama, but I still don't like either candidate. I do not blame the economic crisis on any one source; Bush admin, Obama admin, and the Clinton admin were all contributing factors, so to blame Obama for it all is just silly. There's also no way a president can fix this economy in four years.

SamtheUlfr

I'm not voting. I favor Obama, but I still don't like either candidate. I do not blame the economic crisis on any one source; Bush admin, Obama admin, and the Clinton admin were all contributing factors, so to blame Obama for it all is just silly. There's also no way a president can fix this economy in four years.

I agree with this.

I do favor Obama but...eh..I can't help but say his term has left me with some disappointment. However, the things I've heard from Romney...just make me want to avoid him.

I'm not voting

Pretty much what Akriloth and SamtheUlfr said. I'm not voting, if I did it would be for Obama, I dislike them both and all of them in general.

Plamya

Ron Paul? At least when he takes a stance, he stays with it. None of that flip-flopping back and forth or any of that political crap. Obama promised the end of the Patriot Act but ended up renewing it, and Romney is promising the end of Obamacare, but he has Romneycare in his state... Neither of them stick with what they say.

Edit: If I have to have someone in office that I don't fully want there, I want to at least know what he's going to do before he does it...

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Romney without the slightest doubt. No way will I ever support this Chicago thug ever again. I wish Romney would stop being such a nice guy and attack this administration for the gang that it is. But, regardless of his tepid personality, I will take him over Obama any day. I'm starting to even miss George Bush now, as awful as a president he was. Nothing makes more livid than thinking about what's going on in this country.

SugarFreeJazz

not present
1) Obama.
2) My beliefs often lean more liberal, but I try not to associate myself with any party.
3) Yes.
4) I prefer the social and economic policies of Obama.

How can I choose between them? That would be choosing either the Semi-Intelligent Evil Party or the Stupid Evil Party. Now how does one pick?

They're both evil warmongers who want to kill people. Obama has made ads about his killing people, whereas Romney doesn't have enough power to legally do it yet.

Obama
i perfer to not affiliate with either party
YES
Mr. Clinton astonished me tonight when he presented numbers and statements that show a plan, which romney has failed to do. both that and if one would actually look how romney "ran" his businesses i would be ashamed to live in a country that outsources all its work to mexico and china, he wants to stick it to the middle class when he needs us

randomspot555

^^^^ Yeah, but to be fair, Obama has not spelled out a single thing about what he wants to do in his second term except, at best, vague generalities. Vague generalities are not better than absolutely nothing.

My state is unlikely to go blue like it barely did last time, so I have the luxury of voting for either of the two major parties, voting LP (Gary Johnson) or going write-in and voting Jill Stein (Green).

I'm frankly torn.

Neither candidate has layed out a vision for this country, either Romney for his first term or Obama in his second, similar to what Ronald Reagan had in 1980 (or hell, even in Reagan's primary challenge in 76) or Clinton's vision in 96. Disagree or agree with either of the former Presidents, they had a vision for America that was clearly communicated. Yes, a lot of the campaign promises get muddled up when it comes to trying to implement them, and some are just gestures. But it gives an insight into what these men care about.

Make fun of Newt Gingrich all you want (I know I did). But the man, for example, had a clear vision on where he'd like to take NASA and space exploration if elected President. But I don't think there's a single subject either man cares about and has a vision for as much as Newt Gingrich has for NASA.

Does Obama have a vision, for example, of what to do in Afghanistan after 2014? Does Romney have a vision on why he'd like to leave the troops there longer, and what their goals would be?

Do either men have a vision on how to speed up judicial nominations to federal benches? We have hundreds of vacant openings for a variety of reasons, and dozens of stalled nominations in the Senate. Most of the people nominated for these jobs aren't hurting for money, but they also can't sit on their thumbs for 3 months while the Senate decides when to make a vote happen. We're losing potential judges to small claims courts, private practice, and private courts and this is something that needs to be fixed (Chief Justice Roberts actually talked about this during one of his confirmation hearings).

What about higher ed? I'm a returning student, and being older now, I qualify for pell grants due to my age. Once I transfer to a university to finish my degree, I'll have to take out loans to cover the cost and that's fine. But these grants right now essentially pay for my tuition, books, etc... I'm open to reforming Pell grants (I don't think it's right giving me a direct refund check. I'd prefer any refund money be in a segregated checking account or pre-paid debit card, for example, that could only be spent on educational expenses such as pens, notebooks, textbooks, etc...) but the drastic cuts Pell grants get in the Ryan budget scare me. I know college isn't the answer for everyone, but the fact is most good jobs that you can make a living on and potentially save some money for retirement/rainy day won't even look at you if you don't have some degree. (Source on an overview of both candidates' views on pell grants: http://www.usnews.com/education/blo...might-pell-grants-fare-under-obama-and-romney).

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
To be quite honest, I can't remember the last time I actually liked a presidential candidate. I dislike most politicians anyway, but the past few elections have been horrid.

I don't ally myself with a particular party because I think they both have positives and negatives and as far as liberal vs. conservative goes, my views are skewed all over the place. I will say that I'm favoring Obama right now mostly because Romney's social policies are horrible and I cannot in good conscience vote for someone like that. As far as the economy goes, I don't see either party fixing it any time soon. Four (or hell, even eight) years is not enough time to do anything with it and with both parties constantly at each other's throats about economic policies, things just keep going back and forth between the two and nothing constructive ever seems to get done regardless of which party takes office.

I wasn't old enough to vote in the last election and I don't know if I'll be voting in this one. My parents always want to make it a family thing to go vote at the same time and my dad's a hardcore conservative (I'm talking tea party flag flying in the front yard kind of conservative) so if I ever voted Democrat, I'd probably be out on the streets.

BigLutz

Banned
Four (or hell, even eight) years is not enough time to do anything with it and with both parties constantly at each other's throats about economic policies, things just keep going back and forth between the two and nothing constructive ever seems to get done regardless of which party takes office.

See I can't see how anyone can actually believe this argument. We started recovering before Obama even took office, and right now we are not even above water in terms of jobs added. Yet we are supposed to believe that no President can do better than 100,000 jobs a month, despite that even Bush was pulling in 3 times that amount at the same time in his Presidency and he was dealing with a .Com Bubble burst AND 9/11?

Because it takes even a brand new (small) business in America years to grow into a profitable, sustainable, and economically rewarding business. 5-10 years is what the SBA lists as the amount of time that is to be expected before it becomes either a success or a failure. And I am supposed to think an entire nation is supposed to 'recover' in just 4 years? I can not even fathom that, I absolutely think that these problems that our nation faces will not be solved in any real, adequate way for at least a couple decades.

Make fun of Newt Gingrich all you want (I know I did). But the man, for example, had a clear vision on where he'd like to take NASA and space exploration if elected President. But I don't think there's a single subject either man cares about and has a vision for as much as Newt Gingrich has for NASA.

I get what you are saying because I think our understanding and exploration of space and this universe is crucial, but ahh... to want to declare the moon as belonging to the US? That would cause WW3 and I find the idea of any nation owning the moon in any way horrifying actually. I don't think that it would even be a good or intelligent decision to 'industrialize' the moon and build factories there. Maybe some excavation of natural resources but not sending and building corporation sites there for manufacturing common products, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.