• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Obama Vs. Romney: 2012 US Election

Do you support Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 86 27.2%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 230 72.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skydra

Whoever wins, the moderator loses for sure. Wow he is terribad.
Yes, as my mother kindly pointed out to me. He cannot bring the debate forward.
I don't think it will be a horrible disadvantage to him either, but Romney has definately done better than Obama during this debate.

Exactly, he isn't losing by an insane degree, but he's not doing as well.

So, debate just ended, and I continue to believe that Obama was somewhat weaker then Romney.

miles0624

Wrath of Fire
Honestly, without being biased, it was being pretty even.

Romney kept shooting himself in the foot this entire debate. At times, I was like, ROMNEY, SHUT UP.

Obama was more reserved, which could be taken as being beaten up. However, I don't see it as embarrassing one bit.

What I find embarrassing is the fact these two candidates can't let each other finish a point. Really. I felt Romney relied to much on out speaking, which can be good or bad. It was fifty fifty. It was typical. Romeny attacked, Obama defended, no one won in my opinion. It was just predictable. I am just waiting to see the results of the independents.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
If I had to be part of the two-party paradigm, I'd probably be on Obama's side, but he was honestly not doing as well.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Yeah, I'm probably biased, but it sure seems like Romney kicked Obama's ass tonight. And apparently NBC agrees.

Though I think it's funny how Obama can't blow smoke about Romney's platform while he's standing ten feet away.

And now some Obama campaign adviser is now trying to spew the same BS that Romney specifically contradicted an hour ago. OK then.

ebevan91

I guess it is official that Obama lost this debate, watch the dems talk on MSNBC.

You know Obama lost the debate when the liberal MSNBC thinks he did.

miles0624

Wrath of Fire
ok. Random question. Am I the only one who wants the people to stay in their time limits and not interrupt someone else's rebuttal? I feel as if politicians don't know how to honestly debate anymore.

Silver Soul

Romney won the debate because he was debate with more style BUT in less substance. Romney is still very vague about his plans as Obama pointed out.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Silver Soul said:
Romney won the debate because he was debate with more style BUT in less substance. Romney is still very vague about his plans as Obama pointed out.

The feeling I get is that he's being vague because he's making a point about working with Congress. Unless you're setting out to push very specific policies, regardless of what anyone else you have to cooperate with thinks, you can't really outline anything besides general principles because you have to compromise to get anything done.

ebevan91

ok. Random question. Am I the only one who wants the people to stay in their time limits and not interrupt someone else's rebuttal? I feel as if politicians don't know how to honestly debate anymore.

Jim had no control over them. I've participated in debates in high school and college that had more control than this one, a bunch of amateurs with more control than professionals.

Last edited:

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~

I agree with the fact that they should of been more on time. they were way off.

However, in a debate, and maybe this just my personal opinion, its important to finish what you state. I'm not gonna call it rude to interrupt someone if they're over their time limit, and it was a good thing here because they would of SERIOUSLY gone over the time.
But a debate is a debate, and I beleive an open time debate is much better then one with strict time limits. I understand being professional, but its still like a fight someone wants to win.

BigLutz

Banned
CBS is also saying Romney won, I do not know about the other networks as I could only listen to CBS radio on the way home. But I will say this, when you have to say "I think we should move on to the next topic" when your opponent is kicking your ***, and it is over the Economy of all things! It is not a good night for you. And honestly I think that "We should move on" line will be the take away line for tonight.

Here are some reactions from tonight

Bill Maher: i can't believe i'm saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter

Vanity Fair: Has Obama ever been this off his game?

Piers Morgan: I don't have a horse in this race, but Romney's romping home a clear winner tonight

Chris Mathews: What Romney was doing? He was WINNING

Ed Schultz: "disappointed, stunned."

CBS News instapoll: 46% said Romney won. 22% said Obama won. 32% said tie. Decisive win for Romney.

Andrew Sullivan: Look: you know how much I love the guy, and you know how much of a high information viewer I am, and I can see the logic of some of Obama’s meandering, weak, professorial arguments. But this was a disaster for the president for the key people he needs to reach, and his effete, wonkish lectures may have jolted a lot of independents into giving Romney a second look

Last edited:

CSolarstorm

New spicy version

Actually I like it when they go over their time limit, because it tells me they actually care about what they're saying. People always get the feeling that these debates are disingenuous because they're so brief and controlled, and breaking those constraints is a way of proving that's not entirely true.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
I was in class, so I haven't watched it yet, but from what I've read Romney provided a strong presentation compared to his disastrous campaign. He seemed to have fallen into the same rut that John Kerry found himself in 8 years ago, given the Democratic campaign mirrored the '04 Bush campaign with some unanswered attacks. I'm not sure if the debate was on par with Reagan and Carter, though some are itching to paint the debate that way (Obama actually has charisma), but it sounds like Romney spoke sharply as he promised.

BigLutz

Banned
though some are itching to paint the debate that way (Obama actually has charisma), but it sounds like Romney spoke sharply as he promised.

Honestly man if you watched it tonight you could not tell Obama had any charisma at all. Romney was out there with concise answers, while Obama stammered, slumped, kept his head down, and looked generally tired.

I mean I know the old joke is Obama is nothing with out his teleprompter, but he desperately needed it to stay focused tonight.

CNN's poll is in: Romney won 67% to 25%

Who seemed to be the stronger leader: Romney 58% Obama 37%

CBS Poll of Uncommitted: Opinion changed better for Romney: 56% Opinion changed better for Obama: 13%

Last edited:

VIA

<<< Recent Shiny
Im a hardcore Dem but I will admit Obama was fairly weak. I do think that everything Mitt Romney said was a lie though but I will say that Obama has been given all this stuff to go after Mitt Romney with that wouldve sent this debate down a competely different path and he didn't use any of it. Where was the 47%?

BigLutz

Banned
Where was the 47%?

As much as that red meat would have been good for the dems, it would have made Obama look unpresidential and more than likely hurt him even more in the debate.

Silver Soul

Just because Romney has won a debate by a bit doesn't mean the war is not over yet. Well don't forget about the next two debates and one is the Social Issues which Romney will have trouble with if Obama doesn't screw that one up. It's proven that the debates rarely affect the election outcome.

Kerry won debates against Bush and STILL lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.