• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Obama Vs. Romney: 2012 US Election

Do you support Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 86 27.2%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 230 72.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutaka

Ignition
Yet usually in the case of those families with one income source, it is the other parent that is the housewife/husband and as such stays home with the kids.
I was just saying that for the case of money/income. You can't counter the income argument with the child attention argument.

Ah. Still, it's close.
I dont care much anymore.
I still think it's dumb that the president is going to end up being the shiniest of two turds.

BigLutz

Banned
I was just saying that for the case of money/income. You can't counter the income argument with the child attention argument.

Mind you one of the biggest reasons we see a higher crime rate is because there is a lack of attention, many times because the parent is stuck working two jobs. Now even in two parent situations, one parent could be off working two jobs, while the other stays home with the children. But I am curious why do YOU think there is a higher crime rate in single parent households?

Ah. Still, it's close.
I dont care much anymore.
I still think it's dumb that the president is going to end up being the shiniest of two turds.

A six point lead with two weeks left is not close.

Brutaka

Ignition
But I am curious why do YOU think there is a higher crime rate in single parent households?
I think it's to do with why there is a single parent. Usually the reason causes emotional instability. In today's society that's often drug/alcohol/affair/abuse related. That leads to the children having difficulties because children look up to their parents and if one of those parents had these problems...

A six point lead with two weeks left is not close.
And that totally represents the votes of every American. Mhmm.
These pre-polls mean almost nothing.

BigLutz

Banned
I think it's to do with why there is a single parent. Usually the reason causes emotional instability. In today's society that's often drug/alcohol/affair/abuse related. That leads to the children having difficulties because children look up to their parents and if one of those parents had these problems...

Yet you will find many single parent households in which the "husband" is in jail since the child was born, was shot, or up and left the wife the minute he found out she was pregnant.

And that totally represents the votes of every American. Mhmm.
These pre-polls mean almost nothing.

So are you honestly saying after everything we have seen in the past two weeks, that you do not believe that Romney is substantially ahead?

Brutaka

Ignition
Yet you will find many single parent households in which the "husband" is in jail since the child was born, was shot, or up and left the wife the minute he found out she was pregnant.
I think 'and' would work better than 'Yet' because that only serves to expand my point...?

So are you honestly saying after everything we have seen in the past two weeks, that you do not believe that Romney is substantially ahead?
All I'm saying is that he could be in the lead or he could not be.
As in, my point is that the polls are unreliable.

BigLutz

Banned
I think 'and' would work better than 'Yet' because that only serves to expand my point...?

Fair enough.

All I'm saying is that he could be in the lead or he could not be.
As in, my point is that the polls are unreliable.

The closer we get to election day polls generally become more and more reliable and a fair gauge of voter's preferences.

Brutaka

Ignition
The closer we get to election day polls generally become more and more reliable and a fair gauge of voter's preferences.

Well, it shows the opinions of people who bothered to vote in public polls anyways. Which is to say 25% of America, if I had to guess?

Also, I know Romney's intention behind "We got binders full of women", but I can't stop laughing. That didn't come out right.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
I don't mind people analyzing my dialogue, I do mind people engaging in fallacies such as carelessly throwing a link away and ignoring the facts therein.

Good sir, you are not impervious to fallacies *cough* (a Marxist I might add) correlation and causation *cough*. Furthermore, I accepted your fact as true, but merely argued against your implicit interpretations. I did not engage in such a fallacy.

Last edited:

Nyula

i like razors
Outlawing abortion on demand is not restricted to the Christian Right. And to literally compare the Christian Right to violent Muslims, as you did a while ago, is deplorable.
The only people who want to ban abortions are the faithful and because the US has a large and vocal Christian bloc, it's the GOP, God's Own Party, who spearheads the anti-choice movement.

The only reason the Dominionists aren't behaving like the Taliban is because secularism, liberalism* and humanism have tamed them. We've disciplined the faithful, if you will.
If you want to know how Christians behave when they have accountable and unrestrained power over society, look to the witch-hunts and trials, look to the Inquisition, look to the crusades, look at how the Jews were blamed for causing plagues either by poisoning wells or merely being Jews, look to the persecution of other religions, look to the attack on science and learning, look to the unyielding loathing of homosexuals, look at the subjugation of women, look at how you were tortured/imprisoned/killed for defying their dogma and look to green-lighting of the feudal system where the church profited of the peasants.

Now, this is what happens when Christians rule the society. They behave more or less like the mullahs of Iran and Saudi Arabia do. The only reason the parties of God aren't making a mess is because of secular separation of church and state coupled with humanist and liberal ideas.

*Not the Faux News definition; the ideas of Milton, Locke, Paine, Jefferson and other such thinkers.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
No I am speaking of at CNN after the debate where she agreed Romney was right.

Oh snap! Do you have a video so I can see this?

Jonesy

People that are voting for Obama care more about social and nature issues other than the real one which is the economy. Probably just women or homosexuals.
They want big government, feeding off of a crushing private sector. To give them handouts. You don't want to earn anything, just welfare and food stamps.
Obama and Biden clearly stated they want to raise taxes. They want to raise taxes super high on the wealthy. Basically redistribute the wealth? Romney wants to drop them.
People say Romney does not know about the economy? He knows a whole lot more about the private sector than Obama.
Obama's method of solving a problem is blaming it on someone else. Tap dancing around it. Look, when he took office, the gas was 1.89 a gallon and the deficit was 10 trillion.
Ask yourself, what good has he done for the economy of the country? Your brains are way too influenced and overlook the reality of the situation.

everyone watch this. It's two minutes thirty seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5tqH7UrzOw

Last edited by a moderator:

SwiftSoul

Kinkmeister General
> People that are voting for Obama care more about social and nature issues other than the real one which is the economy. Probably just women or homosexuals.

Why would people being women or homosexuals have any bearing on how they vote unless one party was actively trying to oppress them? And if they are being oppressed, or a party is trying to oppress them, is that not a good enough reason to put a vote in for those who will protect their rights? Sure, it's not the only issue, but it does no one any good to pretend that the rights of women and the LGBT are unimportant. As well, some of us homosexuals might actually read up and do research and decide that Romney's is not what America needs, due to the obvious disdain for a large percentage of the country, and his self-admitted lack of caring about the very poor, as well as his self-admitted pleasure in being able to fire people. Maybe that's why some of us are so adamantly against Romney. Perhaps, it's even only a small fraction of why we dislike Romney so. Is Obama perfect? Of course not. However, many of us legitimately believe that he would be much better for America than Romney because maybe they don't want to live in an Upton Sinclair novel.

> They want big government, feeding off of a crushing private sector. To give them handouts. You don't want to earn anything, just welfare and food stamps.

I find this especially insulting. I am on food stamps, because I have no other way of providing for myself. I have severe mental issues that prevent me from holding basically any job, which include severe panic attacks, frequent insomnia, and horrible chronic depression, and that's just a sample of it (not even getting into my severe physical issues). I don't have the money or transportation to get any kind of treatment for it, meaning I don't have the money or transportation to receive any kind of government help for it, no way of getting disability for my inability to work. Not a choice to not work, a complete lack of ability to hold a job. It is in no way that I refuse to earn anything; it's quite simply that I don't have the ability. Now, luckily, my boyfriend got a job recently, so maybe I'll be able to get some help in a few months.

But who's going to listen to me? I just admitted I'm crazy.

As well, I'm not actually planning on on voting for Obama, anyway, before someone even tries to sling that at me.

7 tyranitars

In some polls Romney is ahead and in some Obama is ahead. It is true that Romney was ahead for a few days after the first debate. But Obama won some terrain back and is now slightly ahead if you combine the polls.

Raymond - king of ducks

Now, this is what happens when Christians rule the society. They behave more or less like the mullahs of Iran and Saudi Arabia do.

So, you're saying untempered religion causes people to become totally insane? Surprise, surprise!

Also, the crusades were justified.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
In some polls Romney is ahead and in some Obama is ahead. It is true that Romney was ahead for a few days after the first debate. But Obama won some terrain back and is now slightly ahead if you combine the polls.

One of those polls, I believe the Washington Post one is a straight outlier, however if you look at the Rasmussen one and the Gallup one, basically the two polls that update each day. Romney is ahead by a combined number of 4

BigLutz

Banned
She said that Romney picked the wrong word, so he was technically wrong. She didn't lie. She just caught Romney saying something inaccurate. It's like saying FDR was president from 1922-2007.

Except as she admits Romney was right overall, Obama did not admit it was a terror attack for two weeks.

7 tyranitars

One of those polls, I believe the Washington Post one is a straight outlier, however if you look at the Rasmussen one and the Gallup one, basically the two polls that update each day. Romney is ahead by a combined number of 4

I do not consider Rasmussen trustworthy in it's own. It is always better to combine "left and right" wing polls. Rasmussen always favors the right therefor I don't find it a trustworthy poll.

BigLutz

Banned
I do not consider Rasmussen trustworthy in it's own. It is always better to combine "left and right" wing polls. Rasmussen always favors the right therefor I don't find it a trustworthy poll.

And yet Rasmussen only has a 2 point difference between Romney and Obama, while Gallup, a more left wing poll as it surrendered to the left earlier this month in applying more minorities than expected to vote this round, has a 6 point difference. As such I am splitting the difference and saying there is a 4 point difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.