• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Obama's Health Care Plan

BigLutz

Banned
Let me ask you something

are you poor? rich? middle class?

I am middle class, but it does not matter, how much money you have should not determine economic logic.

Seem

Hollen i ven.
Obama deciding to raise taxes on the rich is something I doubt will work. I remember when Mcdonalds needed an exemption and he just gave it to them.

Now I am not familiar too much with American politics but I believe there are many wealthy people in the Congress and I doubt these elected would want to raise their own taxes. I know Obama supporters do not want to hear budget cuts but people need to be realistic. Budgets do need to be cut, albeit carefully.

Well, I don't know about the USA, but in England, the tax rates for people change depend on their incomes, not their wealth. Which means that about half of my dad's wages go out every month, and with paying all our other bills and fees and stuff like that, we're left with about 25% of his income.

Seems pretty unfair, no? And 50% of his income goes to the poor, or for the funds to support the poor.

A good amount of his tax would go to fund our free schools, health care and so on which would cover you and your family. I feel that tax is fine but yes, our system is rather soft on benefit abusers and sadly, a good amount of your fathers and my wages go to people who don't want to get up in the morning and spend that money on the latest Blackberry.

Flame Mistress

^ Exactly. There are people who I know who get extra funds just because they're single mums, but they don't even bother to get a job and just get the latest electronics and the designer clothes and all that.

I know not all "poor" people are like this, but seriously, the Government should really check where their money's going to.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
This subject is more suited to Debates, so...*punts it over there*

Anyway, a 3% tax hike on the rich is more than reasonable. They're clearly not using that money to make jobs, since this recession sure as hell hasn't been going anywhere for the last several years. Hell, we pretty much have the absolute lowest top marginal tax rates since 1930:
[img139]http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/archive/2010/02/86_marginalgrowth.jpg[/img139]
(Source)

However...the rich already have so many tax loopholes that they can easily exploit that I think it's just as important to close those loopholes. It'd also be an easier sell to people than raising taxes(even though 99% of the population wouldn't even be affected by the tax hike). Of course, we want to get the marginal tax rates back up to a reasonable level eventually, but...well, baby steps. And Obama is too moderate-leaning-conservative to actually do much to go against the rich right now, so I'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable.

^ Exactly. There are people who I know who get extra funds just because they're single mums, but they don't even bother to get a job and just get the latest electronics and the designer clothes and all that.

I know not all "poor" people are like this, but seriously, the Government should really check where their money's going to.
Hate to break it to you, but "welfare queens" are mostly just a scare tactic invented by republicans to make people dislike the idea of government welfare. And even if you do happen to know some of these people...how do you know that they're "not bothering" to get a job so much as "not able" to find a job? In case you haven't noticed, the unemployment rate hasn't been all that great lately.

Flame Mistress

^ Well, firstly there aren't such things as Republicans in England, and secondly they're fully able to get a job, most of them had decent jobs before they had their kids, and they're taking advantage of the fact that they're divorced and have a child to look after.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I don't think this should be in the Debate thread; it seems to be more of a "rant about the other side" kinda thread, especially with the closing on the OP

BigLutz

Banned
Hate to break it to you, but "welfare queens" are mostly just a scare tactic invented by republicans to make people dislike the idea of government welfare. And even if you do happen to know some of these people...how do you know that they're "not bothering" to get a job so much as "not able" to find a job? In case you haven't noticed, the unemployment rate hasn't been all that great lately.

If you watch the reaction of people after Katrina hit New Orleans you would know that is a lie. There were far too many people who were satisfied to continue living off the Government's dime up to the point they were forcefully evicted from their hotels/trailers.

G50

No longer posting

===============================

Republicans and TPers have built a new reputation that they absolutely are against Disabled Americans with their view on SSD.

SSD is unfortunately under the General Welfare arguement they keep blabbing lies about.

-----

on the HCB issue however, The #1 issue that a lot of people are completely overlooking is that it addresses the wrong HC problem in America.

BigLutz

Banned
===============================

Republicans and TPers have built a new reputation that they absolutely are against Disabled Americans with their view on SSD.

SSD is unfortunately under the General Welfare arguement they keep blabbing lies about.

Yeahh... because wanting to repair Social Security so that future generations can have it is such a bad thing. How dare they try to fix the Ponzi Scheme. Maybe Republicans should just allow the money to run out until the point we have to cut off the program entirely as Democrats want.

G50

No longer posting
Yeahh... because wanting to repair Social Security so that future generations can have it is such a bad thing. How dare they try to fix the Ponzi Scheme. Maybe Republicans should just allow the money to run out until the point we have to cut off the program entirely as Democrats want.

======================

I get the feeling you are mistaking me for a Democrat -__-

That's ok, everybody makes that mistake considering my hate for Republicans and TPers is considerably stronger...

----

They have flatout said that Disabled Americans don't deserve any form of General Welfare, saying they can work as the excuse for that evil logic.

Anyone who is Anti-Disabled Funds is Predjudiced, and listening way too much to the lying Predjudiced Politicians.

-------------------

Autism Spectrum = The disability that is destroying all Anti-Welfare arguements, It is so misunderstood, that people like me are going to end up dead with these Anti-Welfare decisions.

=================

Don't you understand that their WON'T be a new Program? We will be left to die instead.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
They have flatout said that Disabled Americans don't deserve any form of General Welfare, saying they can work as the excuse for that evil logic.

Anyone who is Anti-Disabled Funds is Predjudiced, and listening way too much to the lying Predjudiced Politicians.

Really you have exact quotes? Now I know that Republicans and Tea Partiers have said that there is a need to fix Social Security before it is destroyed. But I have not seen any major push to hurt disabled Americans since the Obama Administration wished to make disabled veterans pay for their own health insurance.

G50

No longer posting
Really you have exact quotes? Now I know that Republicans and Tea Partiers have said that there is a need to fix Social Security before it is destroyed. But I have not seen any major push to hurt disabled Americans since the Obama Administration wished to make disabled veterans pay for their own health insurance.

========

It helps to hear them talk about the issue often...

Not to mention how many times they keep pushing the cut in funds/Checks/eventual elimination.

They CANNOT do that!

----------------------

Disabled Americans are in a lose-lose situation right now, the HCB is worsening the "Real" HC problem having to do with Medicare acceptance and Care Costs/bills. Transportation, service cuts/elimination in most states.

The Non-Disabled Americans are unaware of what's going on right now behind the scenes at the same time as the "change benefits/eventual elimination" debates are going.

-----------

Politically I am Anti-Past/Present Politicians and Incumbants.

AKA the Citizens-only Party

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
========

It helps to hear them talk about the issue often...

Not to mention how many times they keep pushing the cut in funds/Checks/eventual elimination.

They CANNOT do that!

----------------------

Disabled Americans are in a lose-lose situation right now, the HCB is worsening the "Real" HC problem having to do with Medicare acceptance and Care Costs/bills. Transportation, service cuts/elimination in most states.

The Non-Disabled Americans are unaware of what's going on right now behind the scenes at the same time as the "change benefits/eventual elimination" debates are going.

I hate to break it to you but to save Social Security it is going to have to be cut and reform, that is the only way to save it and keep it from destroying itself. However I have not found any evidence of Republicans or Tea Partiers actually saying Disabled Americans do not deserve any form of General Welfare. Unless you can prove it, then you are pushing a falsehood.

G50

No longer posting
I hate to break it to you but to save Social Security it is going to have to be cut and reform, that is the only way to save it and keep it from destroying itself. However I have not found any evidence of Republicans or Tea Partiers actually saying Disabled Americans do not deserve any form of General Welfare. Unless you can prove it, then you are pushing a falsehood.

===============

Every time they discuss the issue, they bring it up. Just listen to them every time they speak about the issue. -.-

Why would anyone in their right mind trust any Incumbant Politician with fixing/reforming SS/SSD without harming people with their decisions?

--------

I see you live in the state of Texas... I can see why you're unaware of what's going on in states like IL and CA. Here in NWest Suburban Chicago IL, Disabled people are completely helpless with everything already cut and destroyed, desperate for help...

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
===============

Every time they discuss the issue, they bring it up. Just listen to them every time they speak about the issue. -.-

Why would anyone in their right mind trust any Incumbant Politician with fixing/reforming SS/SSD without harming people with their decisions?

There would be quotes online, including from sites like Daily Kos which love to make anyone on the right look bad, there isn't. As for why I trust politicians with fixing and reforming SS/SSD by and large I do not. Last time we tried Harry Reid spouted falsehoods and scare tactics to stop any effort. I do trust a few of them though, some like Paul Ryan who are some of the smartest people in Washington, to fix the problem as they seem to have a greater grasp on it than anyone else.

I see you live in the state of Texas... I can see why you're unaware of what's going on in states like IL and CA. Here in NWest Suburban Chicago IL, Disabled people are completely helpless with everything already cut and destroyed, desperate for help...

You just listed two states who have massive budget crisis, and who can no longer afford to live with liberal programs. CA in particular has gotten so bad that just two years ago it was begging for people to buy their bonds.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
There would be quotes online, including from sites like Daily Kos which love to make anyone on the right look bad, there isn't. As for why I trust politicians with fixing and reforming SS/SSD by and large I do not. Last time we tried Harry Reid spouted falsehoods and scare tactics to stop any effort. I do trust a few of them though, some like Paul Ryan who are some of the smartest people in Washington, to fix the problem as they seem to have a greater grasp on it than anyone else.

You just listed two states who have massive budget crisis, and who can no longer afford to live with liberal programs. CA in particular has gotten so bad that just two years ago it was begging for people to buy their bonds.

====================

There is just nobody in DC or the States that I trust with fixing SS/SSD, my life has been destroyed so severely by DC/IL Politics, that I have no reason to trust anybody.

We need true non-Political Party Citizens, but the reality is; the elite controls who runs the States/Congress/WH.

===========

Without question, my home suburbs are in the worst shape in the US with everything I said already. I wish Americans would come and see where the whole US is headed, these Suburbs are already on the brink... I can't even leave, let alone become healthy.

BigLutz

Banned
====================

There is just nobody in DC or the States that I trust with fixing SS/SSD, my life has been destroyed so severely by DC/IL Politics, that I have no reason to trust anybody.

We need true non-Political Party Citizens, but the reality is; the elite controls who runs the States/Congress/WH.

===========

Without question, my home suburbs are in the worst shape in the US with everything I said already. I wish Americans would come and see where the whole US is headed, these Suburbs are already on the brink... I can't even leave, let alone become healthy.

As much as I would love to pick your brain on what you think a "non-Political Party" would be, the truth is, you are going off topic here. Lets stick with Obamacare.

G50

No longer posting
As much as I would love to pick your brain on what you think a "non-Political Party" would be, the truth is, you are going off topic here. Lets stick with Obamacare.

=========

The HCB addresses the wrong HC problem.

Insurance vs Care debate... -__-

-----

seems like my home suburbs are the basis of every topic debate, the majority of these issues are most apparent out here.

Last edited:
Hate to break it to you, but "welfare queens" are mostly just a scare tactic invented by republicans to make people dislike the idea of government welfare.

No they're not. She's from the UK anyway. We have many long-term unemployed who have simply not wished to work for years.

Budew

Banned
I don't think this should be in the Debate thread; it seems to be more of a "rant about the other side" kinda thread, especially with the closing on the OP

I'm the OP, what you say?

And seriously, Chikorita kid and Leavanny boy... take it to pms

I honestly could not read through the whole debate between you two rich kids