• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ObamaYEAH declared new leader of Empire -- Official electionlol thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzi

Toon link
I live in Australia but was keeping up and it was obvious that Obama was going to win it. I'm happy for him he seems like a good person to run America.

I live in Australia but was keeping up and it was obvious that Obama was going to win it. I'm happy for him he seems like a good person to run America.
He will, and he promises. Tonight we celebrate, tomorrow the future. I may not know you but I can judge you this time around by saying your instinct is right on the mark, 100% Accurate.

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Hm, isn't it ironic that Jose wants Palin to run in 2012, the same year the world is suppose to end? Interesting.

And Icosahedron, explain...if you will?

No, it isn't ironic, since all that "world will end NOW" business is bullsh*t and you know it. >_> While I agree with you that Palin would be a poor choice for a President, I just don't think that you can link it to some crazy superstition like that. :/

Your phrasing was what made it amusing, and frankly ironic.

FusionSonicX

It's Lil' Kim, ho!
Palin needs to stay up in Alaska ruling over penguins if you ask me.

I couldn't agree more.

No, it isn't ironic, since all that "world will end NOW" business is bullsh*t and you know it. >_> While I agree with you that Palin would be a poor choice for a President, I just don't think that you can link it to some crazy superstition like that. :/

Your phrasing was what made it amusing, and frankly ironic.

Yeah well. I didn't say I believed the whole "end of the world" thing but it clicked in my mind, that's all that matters! ;) Lol, I kid, I kid.

*sigh* I told myself I wasn't coming back to this thread. I just can't help it though.

I lold

Palin has no military experience other than fighting traffic as a soccer mom, therefore she wouldn't even be able to do just that.

I'm exaggerating

Okay, dude. -snickers and laughs with a smirk on my face.
Good-night to you all. Its getting late where I live.

Last edited:

Light Venusaur

Konoha's FMA Ninja
Yes, I know that I live in Australia.
I would like Obama over McCain any day, make that over Kevin Rudd (I prefer'd John Howard (Yes, I voted for Johnny Howard).
I think he'll become a good....no a Great President.

Last edited:

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Sure I don't live in America, but I'm glad Obama won.

He seems like he would make a good President, and maybe having a black President will get rid of most racism? But, I'm not the best expert on Politics, but meh.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I'm sure in England no-one makes such a big deal about the elections.
Mind you, I only remember Blair's re-election.

I really don't care who was elected, I have no idea what each one was promising anyway.

Congradulations to Barrack Hussain Obama (Yes, his middle name is Hussain (or at least my history teacher said so)! Deal with it!)

TeddiUrsa

He is half white, half black. How is one side more dominant. Most White/Black biracial people have a dark skin tone.

I never understood why this even was an issue to begin with.

Yes, that's true. But now that Obama's won, I don't feel safe.

Meh...and I thought the news about some Americans being brainwashed that there is something to be very afraid of were just some unfunny radio trivia. I guess Hobbes´Leviathan theory really works.

In Germany, nobody ever understood why people voted for Bush. Many stupid Germans have prejudges that all Americans are dumb because they voted for Bush.

I guess nobody in my country likes the republicans.

h1tm0nl33

The God Of Fighters
my mom was crying so hard she voted for the 1st time at 77 years old and she never thought she would see the day a black man got elected im so proud

~Magic Thunderbolt~

I say congratulations to Barack Obama for winning the presidency, and congratulations to John McCain for being one of the best Republican candidates I have ever seen.

In fairness though, let us see whether his inexperience will outweigh his intelligence. But McCain would have been a good president too...

Last edited:

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Congratulations to Obama for winning the election, even if it was hardly a surprise. I marks a momentous day in history, and an incredible indicator to change and progress. A number of times today I have thought to myself, "Wow, imagine if I went back 150 years to the Civil War and told everyone, both North and South alike, that in just a sesquicentenary a black man would be President...". It certainly is amazing and I hope it to be a sign of great things to come.

To be honest, I believe that both candidates would have made great Presidents. I felt that McCain was extremely humble in his concession speech and that is something I truly do admire.

Indeed, if I were American and voting today, I would have found it very hard to separate the two. Palin would have been what secured my vote for Obama, however. The thought that that woman would have been one 71 year old heart beat away from being the President of the most powerful country in the world deeply concerned me.

Seeing as I am Australian, I really must mention my feelings concerning the result of this election and relations with Australia. I certainly hope that such a close bond between our two nations will be maintained. Though I do say that, as much as we love to hate the man, a lot of the reason why the alliance between us is so strong is to do with Bush. I fear that Obama wont be so interested. He really doesn't have any interest in the Pacific, and a lot of the things done between us under Bush (e.g. Free Trade Agreement) I don't believe would have been done under Obama. So, in closing on that topic, I just hope that Obama maintains strong relations between our two countries.

I look forward to see how Obama will lead the US into the future and certainly believe that this is a huge step forward. Come January he will inherit a tough situation. A budget with a tremendous deficit and a massive economic crisis, just for starters. For a 'novice' as some might say he will certainly have some hurdles to face, but I am confident that he will be able to overcome them all and lead the US to a new era, an era of Change.

Status
Not open for further replies.