• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Obtaining your first "Strong" Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
I still can't beat them lol

but I'm usually really under leveled when I face them.
Lisa & tate were pains for almost all of us, never mind Blaziken users. What made it Even harder for Me was that I beat them using a Lairon & Wailmer.

Ioneos

old geezer
When I was 5 I got a yellow version from a garage sale. My pikachu was 14 and pigeot was 60. I am stuck at giovani (although I'm not playing). I went to the seafoam islands to get articuno, but apparently my pokeball "misses" every time. It says "Oh no! The Pokeball missed?" WTF.

Then a few years later I got my first NEW game, leaf green. My Blastoise grew to 100 and has been my favorite Pokemon for years (until hydreigon). Its current moveset it water gun, surf, hydro cannon and hyper beam.

magikrap

Typhlosion Trainer
My Typhlosion that I had in Pokemon Crystal - I didn't train any other Pokemon except it and obliterated everything in the game... until Clair's Kingdra. Thank goodness for Suicune. My Typhlosion knew Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Flame Wheel and Fire Punch (eventually I taught it Thunderpunch instead)... I was 10, I had zero strategy :p But man I loved that Typhlosion. To this day, Typhlosion is my favourite Pokemon.

Apart from starters, I would have to say Crobat. I've had one in every generation since Crystal, usually to catch the roaming legendaries with Mean Look. Not incredibly powerful, but very dependable and one of my favourite Pokemon to use in-game.

M4zz

Banned
Well. My sapphire was my first game. And the only level 100 I got on it was an Armaldo named Stego.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Back in the days of 2001, I had a particular Gold Version that my brother gave me for my birthday, since by then he was 10 and done with Pokemon. So, me being a 4 year old kid, I didn't train anything except my Feraligatr. That idea went well until the E4, where I actually had a challenge. Well, the rest of my team was Sentret, Pidgey, Geodude, Vaporeon and Magmar. Lets just say Koga toxiced me, and I didn't understand what it was being 4, and lost. This happened over and over and over again, because I didn't understand the game.

MewTwoEx

Metagross Master
Loved my Beldum. I always breed an egg and transfer it to a new game I play :D My Metaboss will always be the best ^_^

Nyter

Island Challenger
My Oshawott. It's nature and moveset and EV training made it one of the toughest Pokemon to take on evn FULLY evolved Pkmn.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Charizard in FireRed.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
The first Pokemon that I ever received, my Totodile, eventually grew into a level 100 Feraligatr. Named him Justin Jr., after me. ^____^

And then my Swampert followed the same path.

PsychicPsycho

Considering my reentry into pokemon a few years ago, I'd consider my first 'strong' pokemon to be Emerald starter Torchic, and the Ralts I obtained soon after. I didn't start being particularly impressed with them, but as I continued on, they became the cornerstone of my team, with the other members changing around often. Over time I grew quite attached to them and, even though they weren't EV trained or nature/IV bred, I decided to level them up to 100, which I've only done for pokemon specifically bred/trained for it otherwise. The Gardevoir is also the only non-starter I hold in the same regard as my team starters, and the only one I occasionally refer to by an affectionate nickname (Gardy/Gardie).

pickledArbok

The first pokemon I ever used was an Aerodactyl because I had a preowned red, it was really strong like lv.80 but I thought it was really weak because the previous owner saved just before Loreli and kept killing me, so I resetted.

I can't actually remember the first poke of my own I had but remember my Oddish evolving near cinnibar island thinking 'whats going on?' don't know how I got that far without seeing an evolution but I thought it was my strongest.

7 tyranitars

Level 100 Alakazam in Red.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
My Blastoise from Firered. He is my highest leveled and oldest Pokemon, and lv. 94(Want to level him up), been around for five years. He is my strongest. My second is my Crobat. i needed a Golbat for my pokedex back then, I caught it, and began using it. It evolved into Crobat and won almost lost all my battles.

Note, i do not count the legal lv100 Shiny Darkrai that I got from trade only because it was trade, and I didnt level it.

Status
Not open for further replies.