1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Obtaining your first "Strong" Pokemon?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Lunar66, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulletproof

Bulletproof Self explanatory.

Lisa & tate were pains for almost all of us, never mind Blaziken users. What made it Even harder for Me was that I beat them using a Lairon & Wailmer.

2. Ioneos

Ioneos Well-Known Member

When I was 5 I got a yellow version from a garage sale. My pikachu was 14 and pigeot was 60. I am stuck at giovani (although I'm not playing). I went to the seafoam islands to get articuno, but apparently my pokeball "misses" every time. It says "Oh no! The Pokeball missed?" WTF.

Then a few years later I got my first NEW game, leaf green. My Blastoise grew to 100 and has been my favorite Pokemon for years (until hydreigon). Its current moveset it water gun, surf, hydro cannon and hyper beam.

3. Squirtle102

Squirtle102 The Best Squirtle102

The first game I got was Pokemon XD. My first strong Pokemon was Vaporeon at level 100.

4. magikrap

magikrap Typhlosion Trainer

My Typhlosion that I had in Pokemon Crystal - I didn't train any other Pokemon except it and obliterated everything in the game... until Clair's Kingdra. Thank goodness for Suicune. My Typhlosion knew Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Flame Wheel and Fire Punch (eventually I taught it Thunderpunch instead)... I was 10, I had zero strategy :p But man I loved that Typhlosion. To this day, Typhlosion is my favourite Pokemon.

Apart from starters, I would have to say Crobat. I've had one in every generation since Crystal, usually to catch the roaming legendaries with Mean Look. Not incredibly powerful, but very dependable and one of my favourite Pokemon to use in-game.

5. M4zz

M4zz Banned

Well. My sapphire was my first game. And the only level 100 I got on it was an Armaldo named Stego.

6. GOLDENCRS

GOLDENCRS I'm a f***** Ponyta

Back in the days of 2001, I had a particular Gold Version that my brother gave me for my birthday, since by then he was 10 and done with Pokemon. So, me being a 4 year old kid, I didn't train anything except my Feraligatr. That idea went well until the E4, where I actually had a challenge. Well, the rest of my team was Sentret, Pidgey, Geodude, Vaporeon and Magmar. Lets just say Koga toxiced me, and I didn't understand what it was being 4, and lost. This happened over and over and over again, because I didn't understand the game.

7. MewTwoEx

MewTwoEx Metagross Master

Loved my Beldum. I always breed an egg and transfer it to a new game I play :D My Metaboss will always be the best ^_^

8. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

My Oshawott. It's nature and moveset and EV training made it one of the toughest Pokemon to take on evn FULLY evolved Pkmn.

9. poizonsting

poizonsting Pokemon master

Charizard in FireRed.

10. Rezzuréct

Rezzuréct Allez Les Bleus!

My Latios on Emerald, now I still bring it for my adventure on Unova

11. jstinftw!

jstinftw! hey trainer

The first Pokemon that I ever received, my Totodile, eventually grew into a level 100 Feraligatr. Named him Justin Jr., after me. ^____^

And then my Swampert followed the same path.

12. ~Light

~Light Well-Known Member

Charmander :)

Only used him and he was level 10 quite fast

My other Pokés were about lvl 40 then

13. PsychicPsycho

PsychicPsycho Well-Known Member

Considering my reentry into pokemon a few years ago, I'd consider my first 'strong' pokemon to be Emerald starter Torchic, and the Ralts I obtained soon after. I didn't start being particularly impressed with them, but as I continued on, they became the cornerstone of my team, with the other members changing around often. Over time I grew quite attached to them and, even though they weren't EV trained or nature/IV bred, I decided to level them up to 100, which I've only done for pokemon specifically bred/trained for it otherwise. The Gardevoir is also the only non-starter I hold in the same regard as my team starters, and the only one I occasionally refer to by an affectionate nickname (Gardy/Gardie).

14. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Meowth in SS... fully grown to Lv 100, not EV trained
    But its strong xD nya~

15. pickledArbok

pickledArbok Well-Known Member

The first pokemon I ever used was an Aerodactyl because I had a preowned red, it was really strong like lv.80 but I thought it was really weak because the previous owner saved just before Loreli and kept killing me, so I resetted.

I can't actually remember the first poke of my own I had but remember my Oddish evolving near cinnibar island thinking 'whats going on?' don't know how I got that far without seeing an evolution but I thought it was my strongest.

16. Kyameron

Kyameron Absol Rider

In Crystal I lost it when I got Suicune

17. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

In my Red version... Dragonite level 99... It beat the Elite 4 by itself!

18. dayvee

dayvee Well-Known Member

Pretty much this, only I did it in Blue. Those were the days :')

19. 7 tyranitars

7 tyranitars Well-Known Member

Level 100 Alakazam in Red.

20. Inchtall

Inchtall Back in Black....2

My Blastoise from Firered. He is my highest leveled and oldest Pokemon, and lv. 94(Want to level him up), been around for five years. He is my strongest. My second is my Crobat. i needed a Golbat for my pokedex back then, I caught it, and began using it. It evolved into Crobat and won almost lost all my battles.

Note, i do not count the legal lv100 Shiny Darkrai that I got from trade only because it was trade, and I didnt level it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.