• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Obtaining your first "Strong" Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aztec_Blaziken

Back to WiFi Battles
Pokemon Emerald was my first pokemon game and i really liked my Linoone and Blaziken
Blaziken swept half of the elite 4 and my linoone knew surf, shadow ball, and thunderbolt
LOL i was such a noob but hey, it was my first game

My Blaziken, Torchirino. He's from my first game, Sapphire. Terrible nature and IVs, but did I care about that when I was beating the crap out of Steven's Metagross in 2006? Nooooo.

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
swampert in sapphire.definitely

Charoshi

Charmander is best
My very first starter, back in Pokemon Red. That Charizard was a beast. I destroyed everything with it. Everything.

I beat the elite four in my yellow version with just pikachu... of course I had a lot of full restores... and was above level 86.

It's moveset was:
Body slam
Seismic toss
Thunderbolt
Thunder

Fun times.

Skydra

When I soloed with my Sceptile, now a favorite of mine as I travel Unova, it was "strong" enough for me (still my favorite starter). With a stash of Revives and Hyper Potions, of course.

I should change my avatar to Sceptile for a bit... later.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
The starter always tends to be the strongest,...

I agree, my starter Pokemon normally does end up being the hardest hitter. Not so much in G/S/C though, probably because I'd pick Meganium. ^^

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
The starter always tends to be the strongest, except in Black for me wen Archeops was better than Emboar

Aeken/Archeops was bassically the bast thing in the Region. It takes Down Burg/Skyla/Brycen/Iris/Drayden/& the E-4 with moderate ease. I would have traded it for my starter the first chance I got. You barely even notice Deafeatist.

~Kari~

Ahhh, I remember soloing the Sinnoh gym leaders with just my WAY overleveled Infernape, Mach Punch, and Flamethrower XD I was such a noob back then

I went to try and solo the elite four Aaron was a pushover
Elite Four Bertha sent out Whiscash! Go Infernape!
Me:....NOOOOOOOOOOO XD

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
When I had Red years ago I didn't know how to catch Pokemon and My Squirtle was Blastoise by the time I got to Vermilion city

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
My strongest pokemon was my rapidash from pearl.
I loved her so much and i used her in every single battleXD

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
In my other pokemon games i pretty much only trained the starter. Though in black i had a snivy, panpour and a munna. I felt really good just naturally coming across this team. And i got a moon stone surprisingly early. So i had a musharna(a pokemon very usable competetive online battles), before the 3rd gym. had by far the highest attacking stat of all my pokemon at this point, and ripped through pretty much everything with its psybeam. eventually faded out to my 3rd choice though(then 4th after reshiram)

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
The first pokemon that I can remember ever getting really attached to and seeing as strong was my Rapidash way back in Red (I too am a child of the 1990's, lol). I named it "Trainer" because it was capable of easily defeating any pokemon on Victory Road (despite the fact that it was fire-type and there are a lot of rock/ground pokemon there), so I often used it to train my other pokemon. It was on the first savefile I ever had.

Drummerdude

My Blastoise in Pokemon Blue was amazing. It knew Surf, Ice Beam, Dig, and Skull Bash. Every playthrough I started I always picked Squirtle and it always had that same moveset. Eventually I didn't start over any playthroughs and grew a Blastoise to Lv100.

Status
Not open for further replies.