• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OCD/weird things you do in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekomi

Ace Trainer
Are there any weird things you do in the game?

Some things I do:
  • I never nickname my Pokemon.
  • I only catch Pokemon with good natures.
  • I try to catch some Pokemon in certain Pokeballs.
  • I only hatch eggs on Route 3.
  • I always rearrange the PC boxes when I catch new Pokemon.
  • I try not to save if I wasted a lot of time.
  • I never use evolutionary stones until I find another.
  • I never use healing items.

Last edited:

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
I never use items I only get or have one of for example I don't use my castella cone until I can get another day
and post game try to catch all pokemon in Premium or Luxury balls.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
the most ocd thing i do is save the game every single time i accomplish something but then i save again to make sure it saves...i started to do that since my red version which i did save and stuff but when i went to turn it on it never saved...so i ended up saving like mad after that...the saving madness was born :p

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I don't save if I waste a lot of time without doing something productive. A thousand eggs and no shinies? Soft reset.
I use items until I have one left of them unless I absolutely have to.
I don't use Ethers, Elixirs, Max Ethers, Max Elixirs, or Leppa Berries.
I don't use Max Revives.
Unless I only have one HP-restoration item left, if a Pokémon has 164/165 HP, I'll heal it.
If I want to nickname a Pokémon, but I can't think of a nickname, I'll sit at the nickname screen until I think of a nickname. Yes, my DS has died from idling at that screen while naming shiny Pokémon tons of times before. (That's why I have so few shinies in my shiny card...)
In the Medicine pocket, I always put the "food" restorative items first, in decreasing-effectiveness order, then Potions (increasing order), Full Restores, Full Heals, Revives, then the vitamins (in stat-screen order), then the wings (in stat-screen order), then everything else.
Speaking of the wings, I never use them.

That's all I can think of at the moment. :)

A big one is coordinating pokeballs (An example off the top of my head would be a Pokemon like Cresselia in a heal ball). Another thing is organizing boxes by Pokemon bred, Pokemon caught, and Pokemon traded for, and then further breaking that down into shinies, along with a box for all my competitive Pokes. I also can say I avoid using pretty much any item until I can get another one.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
A big one is coordinating pokeballs (An example off the top of my head would be a Pokemon like Cresselia in a heal ball). Another thing is organizing boxes by Pokemon bred, Pokemon caught, and Pokemon traded for, and then further breaking that down into shinies, along with a box for all my competitive Pokes. I also can say I avoid using pretty much any item until I can get another one.

you just reminded me of my other ocd....i like to arrange my items and medicine and etc in a certian order by stones, and etc...i been doing that for awhile lol...

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
you just reminded me of my other ocd....i like to arrange my items and medicine and etc in a certian order by stones, and etc...i been doing that for awhile lol...

The odd thing is, I don't care about evolutionary stone order. So while I must have my Potions arranged in the order of Potion, Super Potion, Hyper Potion, then Max Potion, I don't care whether it's Water Stone, Fire Stone, Leaf Stone, ThunderStone; or Fire Stone, ThunderStone, Leaf Stone, Water Stone.

infernape612

Village Idiot
I have my PC Boxes completely sorted by National Dex number. Also, completing the National Dex isn't enough for me - I have to own every single Pokemon at the same time!

Donesparce

Professional Loser
I am extremely conservative with pp restoring/raising items. They can't be bought so I I only use them when I really need to, which I rarely decide that I do.

Recon

Store my PP ups and stat boosting items. Sort Pokemon based on the background of the box. Store Max Revives and stones and shards.

FusionKT

*cough*
i never use to use my TMs because you could only get one of them.. now that you can reuse them i don't do this though.

Aegon

I always save in the middle of the Poké Ball design on the floor of each Pokémon Center. I also catch the members of my team in standard Poké Balls, and rearrange their moves in a particular fashion. I place the basic, most-used attacking moves at the top, then support moves lower down.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
- I save in the middle of the Pokéball in the Pokémon Center
- I maintain my team's levels
- I save my Master Ball (except on stupidly hard to find legendaries like Suicune)
- I save before major events/battles

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I do all of this as well ^_^ Well I also arrange my Pokemon on the PC by evolution line and if it doesn't have one I just put them in a separate box :p

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I always arrange my boxes by level ( 1-10, 11-20 and so on), but otherwise not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.