• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OCD/weird things you do in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I always use my bike everywhere I go in the games.

I do this too.

Other things I do:
-arrange Pokemon by region in the PC (2 Unova boxes, 2 Sinnoh, etc)
-DW Pokemon and Foreign Pokemon are kept separate from everyone else >.<
-I only hatch eggs at Skyarrow bridge.
-I always use my starter on my first playthrough.
-I never save inside of buildings. If I'm in a Pokemon center, I leave the building before I save.

That's all I can think of at the moment >.<

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
Organizing my PC after I wreck it :D

Farore the Virizion

Magical Cthulhu
Heh. If I walk in a circle I have to walk the same way back round the same amount of times as I did before.

Farore the Virizion

Magical Cthulhu
Odd things?

Heh. If I walk in a circle I have to walk the same way back round the same amount of times as I did before.

sackbot14

-Organize PC pokemon by type, like BOX1 is Normal, 2 is Grass and so on. Then I have other boxes for Eggs/babies, legendaries, traded, transfer, party pokemon...

-All of my party pokemon (like ones a group into a party for online battles and such) need to have a nickname.

-I will not use a pokemon just for an outstanding trait like high defenses, speed, or attack, or a good ability, if I don't like how it looks.

-I must have certain number of items. Like: 15 potions, 25 super potions, 50 hyper potions, 75 max potions, 100 full restores. This applies to status healers and things like soda pop and moomoo milk as well. o.o

-Under no circumstance can 2 pokemon in one party have the same type.

-I generally never switch out party pokemon for the first story playthrough and postgame, after I catch it. So the pidove I caught on route 3, was still with me when I battled Alder (evolved though).

-Eggs are always hatched in one location for a game. For Black and White, its Skyarrow bridge, for most others, its the Cycling Road or Pokemon League.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
When it comes to my first playthrough, I have a lot of OCD tendencies:

I must have one Fire and one Water Pokemon, and preferably one Grass, one Electric, and something that can use Fly. I also usually have at least one dual-type on my team. However, I cannot have more than one of the same type on the same team. I always use the full six slots on my team.

I never name the player character after myself. Ever.

If I'm not looking at the screen when the message "(Player) saved the game!" appears, I have to save again.

All my Pokemon must be within one level of each other unless absolutely necessary (such as an Elite Four battle or when I need to use an HM slave to get through a dungeon).

richi3f

Bug Catcher
Some things I do:

• I don't use Repels, Escape Ropes, Master Balls, PP Ups, PP Max, or Max Revives. However, I start using Repels and Escape Ropes once I beat the Elite Four.
  • Boxed Pokémon are arranged by type and national order. Spare boxes are used to keep legendaries, shinies, events, and synchronizers.
  • I don't train shinies or legendaries.
  • I keep the quantity of each item in my bag divisible by 5 or 2.
  • I don't teach HM moves (bar Surf and Waterfall) to my team members.
  • I try to hatch eggs in places the Pokémon is most likely to be found in the wild.
  • I like having one Pokémon from each generation in my team.
  • I don't like having two Pokémon of the same type in my team and I also don't like training the same Pokémon my rival or another main character has.

hokala

I always save twice and save often (I've had too many nightmares of losing a lot of progress from playing so many SNES games and Fallout 3)
I always put the DS down when I throw a Pokeball out.
I'm a bit obsessed with making sure I'm using the Pokemon that the opponent's Pokemon is weak to

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
I always overstock and overlevel for the E4, ride my bike everywhere, never use stuff like old gateaus, and Casteliacones, and never make my final in-game team have 6 members ( which is always coincidental).

EDIT: I also save twice before shutting my game off.

Last edited:

Zenthor

I hate any pokeball that isn't a normal pokeball and refuse to use it aside from the event balls and masterballs of course.
I hate having the legendary pokemon from the game covers in my party.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Let's see:

I save in the middle of the pokeball in the pokemon center.
I heal my pokemon before saving or putting them in boxes.
I save two, sometimes three times, (unless I see the saved message come up I can never be sure if I've actually saved or not)
I nickname all Pokemon but never nickname legendaries.
I pretty much never touch legendaries (no levelling up, teaching moves or using in teams). The two exceptions to this are a Jirachi that I just had to use because it was too damn cute and a Zekrom. I'm can't remember how or why I ended up using Zekrom but he's a part of the team now so I can't just stop using him.
I arrange my boxes by national dex order and have a space for each full evolved pokemon (venusaur, charizard, blastoise, butterfree, etc.)
I have special boxes for special pokes (special move or ability), shinies, doubles and pokemon with good IVs)
I have to train everything from the lowest form of pokemon (if you can only catch ariados in the wild, I catch it, breed a spinarak, release the original and evolve the spinarak instead)
I don't like using traded pokemon (if I trade for a pokemon for my pokedex I have to use it to breed my own and then release the traded one)
I don't like having a pokedex entry and not owning the pokemon so I pretty much never trade for pokemon if I can't breed my own afterwards(still don't have Tornadus and Landorus)
I don't trade for pokemon if there's a way I can get them without trading (meaning I only really tradefor version exclusives that I can't get on the DW or starters that I can't get without buying another game or deleting my current one)
If I have a shiny of something I make sure that that is the sprite that appears in the pokedex
I pretty much never use items
I definitely don't use items if I only have one of them (used to never use TMs either)
I match pokeball designs to pokemon
When training a team I never have more than a 2 or 3 level gap between the pokes with the lowest and highest levels
I try not to be obsessive about genders but there are some pokemon that just have to be a certain gender (male Skitty and Jigglypuff I'm looking at you weirdos)

There are probably a load more that I won't remember until I catch myself doing it.

Last edited:

Seannoob

Just today, I decided that I need to have all of my Pokemon in its National Dex numbered space in my PC ( Box 1 holds Pokemon #1 - #30, Box #2 holds #31 - #60 and so on). Also, whenever I talk on this forum I feel the need to capitalize my I's :p But only on here xD

Mikey1701

My Pokemon team has to be the same level
All my Pokemon have assigned spacea in the Pokemon box system based on the order I've caught them
I try not to evolve my Pokemon unless I deem it strictly nessesary (I only evolved Tepig at Lv. 29 to beat Elesa)
I always hold down the B button when throwing a Pokeball

ebevan91

My starter MUST be the highest level on the team.
I'm constantly pressing or holding down the B button, during battle, conversations, riding bike, walking, etc.
When I buy items, I always buy them so the second digit once they're in my bag is a 5 or 0.
The only legendaries I can use are the ones that are the version mascot of the game I'm playing (Giratina on Platinum, Ho-oh on HeartGold, Zekrom on White, etc.)

Pippi

Cool
Let's see...

I always double-save. Doesn't matter when.
I keep all of the Pokémon I catch in standard PokéBalls.
I keep all of my Pokémon in the team certain levels apart.
My starter has to be the strongest.
If I get my starter decided, I need to catch the other two types to balance the core. Like, if I pick Emboar, I need to add a Grass and a Water Pokémon to the team, etc.
I stick to my pre-determined in-game team for the whole game. Anything else will be boxed.
I feel the need to train a Pokémon from the lowest evolution stage possible.

I probably do more, but I haven't caught myself yet.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
* I tend to organize both my lv. 100 Pokémon and my shinies...
* I tend to save a lot, just in case... I'd hate to have my game freeze in the middle of a double battle in the wild... had that happen once... hated it... darn glitch.

Last edited:

Floette

Fennekin
I save my game about 3 times before shutting off. I don't know why :p

I also feel the urge to battle every single trainer I see. Can't waste any exp ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.