• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OCD/weird things you do in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter

iloveicebeam

i dont use more than one type of pokemon. for example, if i have a flying/normal type, i dont use a normal or flying type.
i arrange the order of my team by shortest name to longest name, same with my moves.
if i have a dual type, i only use one move of that type on my pokemon.

Martinzqx

In every gen I have played I ALWAYS arrange my items. Max Repels first, evolution stones, and hold items (plates, battle items, evolutionary items((eg. magmarizer)), shards).
-I also get really anxious when I use even the tiniest amount of money so I try and be as frugal as possible.
-I always try to catch legendaries in pokeballs just because it seems funny to me.
-I never give my pokemon any nicknames.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
I arrange my boxes by type.
Use bike wherever I go
Never nickname my Pokémon

I have never nicknamed a Pokemon, always catch Pokes in PokeBalls (never any other kinds such as Great Balls) as it looks unprofessional - Legendaries are a pain. I also never repeat a type and always heal before a battle with a rival or main trainer (even if I'm sure I'm going to win) just to impress the CPU. Psycho I know

Unlike most of you who save up your money, I'm a terrible money spender. Before I go catch a legendary, I get at least 10-20 of each pokeball I think I might use. Even if I already have a bunch. (So now I have 30 Timer balls that I should really sell back...) But I beat the game a while ago and sold a bunch of the Undella Bay treasures, so I have more money than I know what to do with anyway. XD

Wolfgirl44

Ignitionshipper
Occasionally I'll get really invested in totally useless projects.
As an example, I spent all of yesterday hatching and nicknaming a small army of Castform. Am I ever going to use them? Probably not, Castform is pathetic. Was it fun? Oh yes.

Last edited:

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I always save inside of a Pokemon Center...I blame the Stadium games for this little quirk
I spend long periods of time rearranging the Pokemon in my boxes
I am very particular about the Pokeballs my Pokemon go in and sometimes struggle with having certain Pokeballs together in my party. Specialty ones with a White bottom (Net, Timer, Repeat) and ones that are fully different colors (Dive, Dusk, Quick, Heal, Luxury, etc.) clash to me. But Pokeballs and Great Balls are timeless. Ultra balls are kinda ugly :p

I try to save in the middle of the Pokeball of the Pokemon Center, which made Sapphire particularly frustrating...there I would save in my Secret Base or in the hot springs :)

Bokk

-This no longer applies to me, now that I have two DSes and both White and Black, but whenever I went below ten people in Black City, I would restart the game.

-When obtaining gym badges, I keep my starter two levels higher than the rest of my team.

-My starter has to always be male.

Last edited:

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Well on black I always take Samurott Excadrill and Emolga wherever I go. On my white I must have all my Pokemon roughly the same level. It's not much but...

D0M0

False Swipe!
Every time I buy pokeballs I get multiples of 10 for premier balls, which are the ones I want, and I always nickname pokemon that I somewhat care about, unless they're trade fodder or traded from someone else

Suffice

Defying the odds
I always save my game twice.
All the pokemon I'm going to use in my team have to be caught in normal pokeballs.
All my team members must be nicknamed.
I never use my bike.
I hate having legendaries in my party.

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
I never use PP healing items such as ethers or elixers.
I never use max revives.
I never use masterballs.
I used to never use TMs. Unlimited TMs are the greatest thing to ever happen.

None of the pokemon that are in my party are allowed to learn HM moves except for surf or waterfall so I get an HM slave out whenever I need it but put it back in the PC afterwards (Tropius).

All of my pokemon must be a gender that is the opposite of what they look like. (For example: Machamp, Slowbro/king, Weezing, Slaking, etc. must be female, while Bellossom, Clefable, Gardevoir, etc. must be male) I'm just weird like that lol..(Unless the IVs are good which is happening in my Black game so it's really really bothering me D; )

All of the pokeballs must match the pokemon's personality. (For example, Chansey goes in a heal ball, legendaries never go in timer/dusk balls)

No pokemon is allowed to faint while battling so I constantly soft-reset if one gets knocked out.

Unless I'm training low-leveled pokemon, no pokemon is allowed to share exp. since I want them to get the full amount and I soft-reset if it gets shared

Any nickname I give to my pokemon must be a normal noun without numbers or symbols and all pokemon must share the same name theme. (Platinum's theme was food names, Soul Silver's theme was things in a bathroom, and Black's theme is office supplies names).

I only catch the pokemon that I like unless I really need something from GTS so my pokedex is not that impressive...

Post-RBY/GSC I stopped using legendaries and they are now only meant for novelty.

After beating the Elite Four, I stop using my original pokemon party to battle so that I can save the exp for EV trained ones.

I always spam A while: an egg is hatching, I'm healing my pokemon, and after I throw a pokeball.

Last edited:

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
One time I tried to copy Iris and make a whole dragon type team for fun if that count's?

Uhhhh....

If not....

I SING WEIRD LYRICS TO THE MUSIC?

.-.;

G50

No longer posting
- I would always use my starter and the elemental monkey only always.
- I catch all three monkies every time for each run-through.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
My PC is arranged so that there are no random spaces between the Pokemon. I remember I used to arrange them in extremely specific boxes, too.

I now treat the Gym battles like the Anime battles, using the same amount of Pokemon and not using healing items in battle.

~ My starter will either be grass or water, and I have this pattern going concerning them. ((Silver)Feraligatr, (Sapphire) Sceptile, (Emerald) Swampert, (LeafGreen) Venusaur, (Pearl) Empoleon, (Platinum) Torterra, (HeartGold) Feraligatr, (Black) Serperior, and Samurott will be next in Black2) If I ever choose fire, it will be the biggest combo breaker I've ever done.

~ I name the Legendary Mascot after the game its in, such as Rayquaza Emerald, Palkia Pearl, Ho-Oh Gold. Reshiram was the odd ball in that I named it Yang, cause Black just didn't suit it.

~ I make sure my team are all around the same level.

~ Virtually use my bike whenever I can.

I use my bike everywhere I go in the game...except buildings.
Repeatedly press the A button even though that doesn't make the game go any faster.
I limit using 1 legendary and one starter in my team.
Most of the time I save inside the Nimbasa City Pokemon Center...wonder how the girl with her Minccino feels about that. o_O
I change my team members around A LOT.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I only nickname party members...pre gen 4 I nicknamed everything, but found myself running out of names :/

Hm, what else? I guess I always have to save in the Pokecenter, standing in the middle of the pokeball on the floor. Oh, and I always have a surfer and a flyer on my team, no matter what.

I also try never to put my DS in sleep mode in the middle of a battle. It just, ugh, it feels wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.