• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OCD/weird things you do in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_UnAmerican_Idol

This... Is my Buddy.
I am catching every pokemon in Pokeball.
even Tornadus x'D Idk what I am thinking.

I am a weird one 83

I do that too! I just think the Pokeball is original and looks best

i play the in-game with nature pokemon even if you don't it in the in game

paluchi

Saving about 3 times just to make sure I saved... Oh and looking at all the Pokemon i bred (hatched) with bad natures and not wanting to release them or organize them.

Draco.

Dragon Master.
im using wi-fi teams as my IG team, cuz i never want to lose any battle xD

- i caught all my pokemons i have w/ regular pokeballs.
- never nicknamed a pokemon
- i like to save before a legendary fight, just to kill it oncen then after i catch it X'D

that last is probably the wierdest xD

Draco.

Dragon Master.
now i just came up with a super strange thing i do when i hatch pokemons,

i always go to the pokemon league and hacth it there xD
cuz in that way it looks like its from the pokemon league and then its super good XDXDXDXDXD

andresballer03

i catch every legendary in a pokeball. idk if im the only one who does this, but i feel that i cant have any pokemon on my team if it wasnt caught in a pokeball.
also, i only use male pokemon, i think its because i remember reading that males are more offensively iv'd and females are more defensively iv'd. i dont know if thats true or not, but that stuck with me and ive never used a female pokemon.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
i catch every legendary in a pokeball. idk if im the only one who does this, but i feel that i cant have any pokemon on my team if it wasnt caught in a pokeball.
also, i only use male pokemon, i think its because i remember reading that males are more offensively iv'd and females are more defensively iv'd. i dont know if thats true or not, but that stuck with me and ive never used a female pokemon.

I believe the gender thing is true in GSC but not in RSE and forward since IVs were redone.

As far as my OCD traits, I ALWAYS save before every trainer, even the simple team grunts... I also seem to run from a lot of battles and get experience solely from trainers xD

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
Whenever i'm breeding pokemon for a shiny, i always have my hatched pokemon i chronological order from when i hatched it. Like if i mix them up, i get so irritated so i have to look through every one of them to see what date i hatched them on and then sort them. yeah, i'm OCD.

Star Champion AJ

Weird things I do:

Having a Dragon type Pokémon in my main team (there are exceptions).
Having a Fire type Pokémon in my main team.
Having a pseudo in my main team (there are exceptions).
Having more Dual-types than Mono-types in my main team.
NOT having a Pokémon that never evolves.
NOT having a Legendary Pokémon in my main team except Arcanine.
The first Pokémon in my team must be the one with the lowest Level, if two Pokémon have the same Level, the one with lower HP is first, if both have the same HP, I'll go with the alphabetic order.
The moves should be sorted that way STAB (the STAB with the higher BP is first), coverage moves (highest to lowest BP) and non-attacking moves.
Save every single item I get, except Evolution Stones and Shards
When facing the E4, the healing items should be Moomoo Milks, Revival Herbs, Sitrus Berries (between battles) and those status healing Berries except Lum Berry.
The last PC Box must have the legendaries, the second to last contains Unown and the other boxes have caught/given/traded Pokémon by Level, then by HP (if same Level), then by name (if same HP).
Shinies go to a different Box (this is irrelevant since I don't have more than 1-2 shinies per game).
Sometimes I save twice, when I don't remember saving before.
And I save OFTEN (when I obtain a TM or a rare item, after every single Trainer Battle, before every single Trainer Battle, when facing Legendaries and so on...)

Last edited:

Colours

RaWr!
I'm one of those who obsessively save the game every time something significant happens. Too many times before have I forgotten and had to go through so many battles just because of one blip.

Swagsire

Dismounts bike everytime he goes into the stupid..terminal..things.

Gotta be respectful Qwaa! ;195;

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
lol I did the same thing.
Also I still do that and I never use repels, escape ropes, rare candies or my max revives.

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
I always have my flyer in my 2nd party slot ALWAYS and my surfer in my 4th its kinda weird also, I save twice sometimes to make sure its saved.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I can't have any of my eggs hatch on a Route. It has to be in a city or a landmark.

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
All my Pokemon are sorted in my PC depending on their type.
I never nickname my Pokemon.
I never release my Pokemon, I always feel too guilty, so I trade them on the GTS.
Never use an item unless I have 2 or more.
Save about 10 times before battling a legendary in case I KO it.
Obsessively check Serebii for upcoming events in case I miss one.

Ausgirl

Well right now I'm playing the games in order, as a pre excitment thing befor the release of Black 2. So far I've completed Sapphire & Emerald. I'm just about to finish what I can for the pokedex in the later. Next up is Platinum, HG and if I can squeeze in the time Black. The whole things gonna be a rush but meh, level grinding is easy in gen 4 and gen 5.

Wolfgirl44

Ignitionshipper
I keep my Staraptor in my first party slot while I'm hatching eggs, because it makes me feel like the baby pokemon have a bird mommy incubating their eggs.
It sounds less cheesy in my head.

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
I only nickname starters and shinies.
I used to have the starter 2 levels above the rest of the team while the rest were all the same level (which funny enough has started to appear in the 5th gen games with all important npc trainers).
All pokemon in my pc are organised in order of when they were obtained.
I dislike using up/selling all items (e.g only selling 7 out of 8 nuggets).
I used to save in front of every gym leader and before taking the elite 4 challenge.

TrickyManectric

Ultimate Trickster!
All of the Pokemon in my party need to be different types.

If I think of a Pokemon as a girl, I will only catch female of that Pokemon, vice versa. For example, if I found a male Delcatty, I wouldn't catch it. I would wait until I found a female Delcatty before catching it.

I try to talk to every possible person in the game, in-case they may give me an item or something.

I try to make all of my Pokemon the same level at the same time (I learned my lesson).

I need at least 10 pokeballs at a time. I get nervous when I drop down to five pokeballs, and I go to the pokemart to restock.

To complete my pokedex, I will run in the grass for hours until I find a certain Pokemon. Once I do, I'll put it right into the PC and never look at it again.

If one of my Pokemon faints, then I'll immediately go to the nearest Pokecenter (yes, even if I'm in a cave or something!)

I am so OCD with Pokemon games, you don't even know @_@ I could easily think of infinity more weird things that I do.

Missile157

Kingdra Trainer
Well, I keep thinking that I haven't saved when I'm about to stop playing so I end up saving about 3-5 times in a row.
I also keeping forgetting whether I gave the Pokemon that I'm breeding the correct items, (Everstone or Power items) so I keep having to check them before depositing.
I also plan my ingame teams too much.
Probably many more things that I haven't noticed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.