• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 13th: XY&Z045 - One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
He just said look forward to the end. Serena's departure ep will probably be a good ep, but besides that I don't expect anything out of the ordinary.

We already know nothing will happen thanks to Sun/moon's new version of Ash.

Um, I think the writers definition of a "good episode" compared to ours is a bit different...

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
So we've had a tweet from one of the animators informing fans of Serena to watch XYZ through to the end:

https://twitter.com/nishiyan0120/status/777439410434420736

Make of that what you will.

Nothing special here. Obviously they will keep us hyped up. They won't say stuff like "By the way, the last few episodes are really nothing outstanding, so you can choose to skip them if you want". The writers will attempt to keep the hype level at a maximum while not spoiling anything.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So we've had a tweet from one of the animators informing fans of Serena to watch XYZ through to the end:

https://twitter.com/nishiyan0120/status/777439410434420736

Make of that what you will.
It's stuff like this that really gets on my nerves, unless they're keeping dead weight going into Sun and Moon, this is nothing more then putting false hope into fans delusional enough to believe there's a chance Serena will be staying for next generation.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It's stuff like this that really gets on my nerves, unless they're keeping dead weight going into Sun and Moon, this is nothing more then putting false hope into fans delusional enough to believe there's a chance Serena will be staying for next generation.

Maybe he just meant that they might be another Serena's episode besides the next one?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
He's basically saying to look forward to her episode, that's it. He's not referring to anything else.

Pretty much. Not that they needed to tell me anyways since the Serena episodes are the best episodes of the series imo, besides the team Flare climax

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm not too excited to watch Ash and Serena battle since Pikachu will likely win against Braixen, tho if Braixen evolves at the last minute that'd be cool even if it's unlikely. But Serena looks so cute in that dress she's wearing here. :D

Motor Bug2005

Anyone find it strange the summary doesn't mention anything about the Old woman at all? I hope we never see her again.

I'm with you on that one (Palermo not appearing again that is). But keep in mind that so far we only have a brief summary and 3 screenshots to go by at the moment so we can't really say she won't appear until more info is released.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Anyone find it strange the summary doesn't mention anything about the Old woman at all? I hope we never see her again.

I have a strange theory about this, IDK if someone thoughtof it yet but: What if 'Serena's Decision' isn't about weither she'll go with Ash or not, but her decision is to choose from Shauna or Palermo? It sounds logical right? She still got her number and it would be absurd that they give it to her with no reason. So I guess that's what this episode is about, and her goodbye episode will come later

Motor Bug2005

I have a strange theory about this, IDK if someone thoughtof it yet but: What if 'Serena's Decision' isn't about weither she'll go with Ash or not, but her decision is to choose from Shauna or Palermo? It sounds logical right? She still got her number and it would be absurd that they give it to her with no reason. So I guess that's what this episode is about, and her goodbye episode will come later

That does make seeing as the summary says that Serena's torn about what to do next as a performer. For me, to continue to work towards her dream in her own way, it's makes sense IMO for her to choose Shauna given the close friendship they have.

Soniman

Break the Limit
That Palmero hate always confuses me whenever it comes up. I think it would be nicer if Serena and Shauna went and trained under her together because simply "going with Shauna to do whatever" is not a satisfying conclusion imo

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
That Palmero hate always confuses me whenever it comes up. I think it would be nicer if Serena and Shauna went and trained under her together because simply "going with Shauna to do whatever" is not a satisfying conclusion imo

Well, Palermo is not interested in '2 for the price of 1', especially when she isn't impressed by Shauna at all. And training with your bestfriend is the best way to do it.

This show still supports and sends messages at kids, so there's a clear message that says you should stick to your bestfriend. :D Just my thought

Soniman

Break the Limit
Well, Palermo is not interested in '2 for the price of 1', especially when she isn't impressed by Shauna at all. And training with your bestfriend is the best way to do it.

This show still supports and sends messages at kids, so there's a clear message that says you should stick to your bestfriend. :D Just my thought

Yaisho was deliberately set up to be Serena's future, so ditching all of that to hang with your bff is just a weird moral

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Yaisho was deliberately set up to be Serena's future, so ditching all of that to hang with your bff is just a weird moral

Serena has it all to become Kalos Queen, she understands after battling Aria that she needs to give people something. She has solved the problem, why would she have more training with Palermo, if you can have fun with your Bff and still become Kalos Queen? It's not like she lacked anything else, Palermo just wants Serena on her side so she could make more money, it's big business there...

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Serena has it all to become Kalos Queen, she understands after battling Aria that she needs to give people something. She has solved the problem, why would she have more training with Palermo, if you can have fun with your Bff and still become Kalos Queen? It's not like she lacked anything else, Palermo just wants Serena on her side so she could make more money, it's big business there...

Your friends aren't the ones paying your bills especially when you are both competing for the same job.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

Palmero is a option but Serena doesn't have to take it. What more does she even have to learn? She already went up against Aria herself without training from the old woman. Besides Shauna is way cooler then Palmero. They can form a tag team and take down Aria as twin idols.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

to show people to follow their dreams in the brightest way possible, to not necessarily go the way that guarantees victory but doesn't look as fun type of lesson.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Palmero is a option but Serena doesn't have to take it. What more does she even have to learn? She already went up against Aria herself without training from the old woman. Besides Shauna is way cooler then Palmero. They can form a tag team and take down Aria as twin idols.

I would've made a comparison to Ash and say just because Ash got to the Kalos League finals doesnt mean he shouldnt take the chance to learn from Diantha, except he almost kicked Diantha's *** so im left without a paddle here.

POINT BEING, why even really consider Serena going with Shauna when the anime so obviously set it up for her to work under Yaisho? By all intents and purposes shes still an ametuer and lost by a landslide to Aria so learning from the literal best would yeild nothing but good things for her

I didnt realize, "knownig you need to improve" equals "being instantly skilled and knowing HOW to improve"

to show people to follow their dreams in the brightest way possible, to not necessarily go the way that guarantees victory but doesn't look as fun type of lesson.
How have you not watched the episode and can already predict what the moral will be lol. Serena and Shauna could just perform together on stage and that's the end as far as their interactions in the episode goes

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I would've made a comparison to Ash and say just because Ash got to the Kalos League finals doesnt mean he shouldnt take the chance to learn from Diantha, except he almost kicked Diantha's *** so im left without a paddle here.

POINT BEING, why even really consider Serena going with Shauna when the anime so obviously set it up for her to work under Yaisho? By all intents and purposes shes still an ametuer and lost by a landslide to Aria so learning from the literal best would yeild nothing but good things for her

I didnt realize, "knownig you need to improve" equals "being instantly skilled and knowing HOW to improve"

How have you not watched the episode and can already predict what the moral will be lol. Serena and Shauna could just perform together on stage and that's the end as far as their interactions in the episode goes

Serena lost to Aria because Aria already had a established fanbase while Serena was still new. Given how Performances are judged there was no way Serena could have won against Aria at that time. She had legions of followers and was a celebrity. Serena is a nobody who even after the Master Class nobody acknowledges her as someone famous. Serena magically associating with Palmero won't change that.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

LOl what!? THat doesn't reallymake sense...
I'm predicting the moral being that because what else would it be? Clearly you couldn't even think of that for a moral lol so I don't think you're grasping the moral itself. She doesn't NEED Palermo to beat Aria or be the best, she needs to do what she loves in the way she wants to do it. How is that not a lesson!?

Status
Not open for further replies.