• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 13th: XY&Z045 - One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
long story short: if you are watching this show to see a ship with the main character happen, you're watching the wrong show.

I'm still wondering why people are invested in this show that way.. It's just never gonna happen..

Same with Game of Thrones, the odds are likelier that by the end of the run -instead of together-, both characters in the ship will be dead. Looking at you JaimexCersei-shippers! And don't even get me started on JonSa.. or "Littlebird-Shipping".. o.0

Xuxuba

Pokémon is a Kid's show, never froget. If they show us that they recommend children to run away from their homes to chase their dreams, at the age of 10-14. Remember most of the things in the Animé are life lessons for kids, it's in the Asian tradition. So anything they show us are child-teaching and trying to send a good, hidden message to them.

Lol, still a better love story than Twilight Burnheal for Twilight fans, I repeat Burnheal for Twilight fans! . Okay, so what show you recommend for romance? Most of the shows are too Obvious because it's a both sided crush where they trying to tell eachother but keep failing and stuff like that. This is more intense because You have to watch the entire XYZ series to have a result. The other shows/movies are too predictable because the love birds Always finds their partner, Pokémon builds around it and tries to add lifelessons in it and still keeping it interesting for us and kids.

If this was a game, petition Always helps, because game developers listen to their fans. (most of the time). But it's sadly an Animé story, and writers just do whatever they please, they are the writers, we have to accept what is gonna happen, although if the relation between writers and fans grow they can maybe do something back, just a little? IDK, hard to answer

Besides, child abuse doesn't really go well with Pokémon's main themes. Even if other kids tv shows have child abuse as a theme, it wouldn't really fit Pokémon to make a main character's storyline to revolve around this.
Unless the character was a CoD and the child abuse was extremely toned down, they would never do something like that.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I'm still wondering why people are invested in this show that way.. It's just never gonna happen..

Same with Game of Thrones, the odds are likelier that by the end of the run -instead of together-, both characters in the ship will be dead. Looking at you JaimexCersei-shippers! And don't even get me started on JonSa.. or "Littlebird-Shipping".. o.0

Investing emotionally in GoT is a bad idea since 90% of characters will end up dead and so will do 500% of all pairings

Navin

MALDREAD
It's rather ironic the Pokemon anime actually knew how to handle minor romances somewhat decently way back in the day with Poke build-up in Kanto/Orange Islands, and Contest throughout AG, yet somehow completely fell flat with SatoSere. Kind of a shame, thought it might have led to some unique character interactions in XY (which we got a glimpse of in the river and snowball scenes).

volcanionmaster123

It's rather ironic the Pokemon anime actually knew how to handle minor romances somewhat decently way back in the day with Poke build-up in Kanto/Orange Islands, and Contest throughout AG, yet somehow completely fell flat with SatoSere. Kind of a shame, thought it might have led to some unique character interactions in XY (which we got a glimpse of in the river and snowball scenes).

To be fair tho, Poke was built up when the series was still figuring itself out, and I'm pretty sure they stopped with the hints once Johto came around. (a shame, cause I really liked Poke) Contest didn't involve Satoshi himself but with a rival character so they have more freedom with hints. The fact that Satosere was allowed to even exist this far into the anime's life surprised me. Ratings or not, I'm not exactly a Satosere guy but I'll say this, it's been 20 years with Satoshi's renowned denseness and changing that and having him suddenly fall for Serena in just a year is incredibly rushed. There's a fine line with how much they can do with the main character before it becomes OOC. I'm satisfied with what we've gotten so far given what kind of show Pokemon is. Not perfect obviously, but like you said, the snowball and river scenes show that they do know how to handle it, but the difference is I think they're not allowed to do it all the time

Last edited:

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Besides, child abuse doesn't really go well with Pokémon's main themes. Even if other kids tv shows have child abuse as a theme, it wouldn't really fit Pokémon to make a main character's storyline to revolve around this.
Unless the character was a CoD and the child abuse was extremely toned down, they would never do something like that.

With Child abuse, are you talking about Grace her education on Serena or? Because I don't know what is abusing to kids about Pokémon, some fictional figures fighting eachother. And if it goes about Serena, yes it doesn't fit their theme to show us that, but it's just to show children whatever your parents say or want you to do, even you don't like it, you should show them that you have other interests and most of the time a parent will understand that and will accept it, that's what the writers are trying to tell the kids: be brave, tell them, everybody does what he wants. This kinda even showed that parents will support children no matter what (Grave watching Serena's Performances and supporting it). Sometimes we need to look deeper (really deep) to find a life lesson or something like that.
Actually we getting of topic but lol

Xuxuba

If mentioning the subplot only once in every 200 episodes, making the characters's feelings extremely vague and not giving them any kind of conclusion at all is handling it well, then i agree with you.

With Child abuse, are you talking about Grace her education on Serena or? Because I don't know what is abusing to kids about Pokémon, some fictional figures fighting eachother. And if it goes about Serena, yes it doesn't fit their theme to show us that, but it's just to show children whatever your parents say or want you to do, even you don't like it, you should show them that you have other interests and most of the time a parent will understand that and will accept it, that's what the writers are trying to tell the kids: be brave, tell them, everybody does what he wants. This kinda even showed that parents will support children no matter what (Grave watching Serena's Performances and supporting it). Sometimes we need to look deeper (really deep) to find a life lesson or something like that.
Actually we getting of topic but lol

I'm talking about satoharupika's scenario.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.

If it wasn't for the fact that those shippings had at least some instances of the parties are abusing each other, whether emotionally or physically, maybe I'd agree with this. And Amour wasn't handled that badly imo. I just think they don't work. And Ash doesn't like Serena that way; I'm now convinced of that.

DatsRight

I would like it if Serena had doubts over what to do and Ash, for once in the whole anime, shown awareness of this and encouraged and comforted her in a way that wasn't a completely indirect motivational speech. Just one soft moment where he's completely in touch with how she feels and properly acts as a foil.

kickachu

Momentai!
What if Shauna and Serena were going to Hoenn for pokemon showcases think about it May went to johto after BF, Dawn went to Hoenn for a brief time and then johto for the wallace cup again, same as Iris for a battle with clair, and since many traditons were broken in xy they both can go to hoenn for more showcases

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Honestly I'd rather Serena stayed in Kalos. She's aiming to become the Kalos Queen not the X region Queen. Besides we don't even know if Showcases exists in the other regions.

kickachu

Momentai!
Honestly I'd rather Serena stayed in Kalos. She's aiming to become the Kalos Queen not the X region Queen. Besides we don't even know if Showcases exists in the other regions.

neither did we know there were contests in johto Shauna and Serena are training in hoenn to get more practice in a different region and will return to kalos to compete for the title of kalos queen

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
In before Serena calls off the battle herself when she 're-realizes' her goal and decides to leave...

I actually expect the Ash vs Serena battle to be interrupted somehow, although not necessarily by Serena herself. Team Rocket could appear during the showcase performance thing and cause the battle to have no conclusion and instead Ash and Serena might just team up to defeat them. ^^

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Please don't let this battle be interrupted. Serena deserves a proper full battle for once. Her battling game has been lacking severely.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The battle will most probably result in Ash winning or at best a draw. Serena won't win of course.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
And you know this how?
Just a prediction. We all know people will rage if Serena won against OP Ash for the power imbalance. I think this battle will just help Serena clear her mind on what's troubling her rather than getting an actual win, loss, or tie with Ash.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It's quite ridiculous that Braixen has been never given a Psychic type move despite the fact that it can learn many

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Maybe that's because Braixen barely battled and used Flamethrower the majority of its appearance.

But still it deserved to learn at least the move Psychic. Only giving it Fire- type moves is insufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.