• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 13th: XY&Z045 - One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Maybe Braixen will learn a Psychic move in their battle and win against Pikachu.

Well, I hope that it learns a Psychic type move against its battle against Pikachu but it will never win against Pikachu, that's the fact.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So... we're more or less repeating Ash's and May's goodbye episode? How did Kalos not figure out how to make the Hoenn regions continuity work?

I totally forgot to talk about this lol

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
So... we're more or less repeating Ash's and May's goodbye episode? How did Kalos not figure out how to make the Hoenn regions continuity work?

I totally forgot to talk about this lol
XY is the new AG. Seems like Dedenne is gonna be a plot device for the group to fully realize that they're splitting ever spending so much time together and it'll make the episode more emotional and bittersweet.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
XY is the new AG. Seems like Dedenne is gonna be a plot device for the group to fully realize that they're splitting ever spending so much time together and it'll make the episode more emotional and bittersweet.

XY = AG+ DP+BW ending. The plot, the title and the run off. Lol. Sounds original. Writers got out of inspiration and got lazy lmao

satopi

XY = AG+ DP+BW ending. The plot, the title and the run off. Lol. Sounds original. Writers got out of inspiration and got lazy lmao
Don't forget TR appearing and stealing their Pokémon/Pikachu. ;) Still loved that episode in BW.

NitroLightningFlash

I actually expect the Ash vs Serena battle to be interrupted somehow, although not necessarily by Serena herself. Team Rocket could appear during the showcase performance thing and cause the battle to have no conclusion and instead Ash and Serena might just team up to defeat them. ^^

Now we know Serena isn't actually leaving in this episode, i don't think Serena will quit the battle and leave now, i expect it may be interrupted unfortunately too :(

I'd prefer if the battle wasn't called off/interrupted since i want the focus on Pikachu and Braixen battling here, it's awesome to see my two favorite middle stage starter Pokemon battling it out (i know Pikachu isn't a 'starter' technically, but...he's Ash's starter haha xD). PLEASE let there be a conclusion-even if Serena loses it's fine by me. In her last battle it wasn't called off in the tag battle so it gives me some hope this'll be concluded...

Maybe the unexpected event leads to Serena doubting her goal or such because of the title saying 'Serena's Choice' like she wasn't sure what she wanted to do again, so Ash offers to cheer her up with a battle. Pikachu seems like he has the upperhand (which is very likely got to admit xD), and Serena is on the verge of giving up-BUT when Braixen senses her trainer giving up, she evolves or learns new move (Psychic please!!) and reminds Serena 'not to give up', like what Ash said to her and then she decides to not give up on her dream and keep working at it, battle concludes with being called off somehow (though i'd rather it wasn't...) or Serena losing, but only remotivates her not to give up on her goal. If Braixen learned a new move or evolved for that reason or similar i'd be happy with that (the only way i'd be happy for Braixen to evolve tbh...)

I say this because imo i see Braixen as a reflection of Serena herself in Pokemon form (since they're so alike):

Fennekin: Serena didn't have any goal in sight/no idea what to do/trying to find her interest
Braixen: Fennekin evolved after Serena found/started her goal (Kalos Queen) and is actively working at trying to achieve it

Probably won't happen but i'm only speculating haha, even if above doesn't happen, seeing Serena battle with her starter is always fun to see ^^

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
But still it deserved to learn at least the move Psychic. Only giving it Fire- type moves is insufficient.

i mean greninja never learned a dark-type move. but i guess it had 4 different moves of 4 different types so it was pretty balanced. still wish it had night slash instead of cut though.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
i mean greninja never learned a dark-type move. but i guess it had 4 different moves of 4 different types so it was pretty balanced. still wish it had night slash instead of cut though.

I also wish the same that Greninja learned Night Slash instead of Cut, even if the anime showed Cut as a damn OP move

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

Night Slash is called "Street Crossing Assassination" in Japan, so making that an iconic move is not a good idea.

DatsRight

XY hasn't really been good with signature abilities or technical ones. Inkay never learned Topsy Turvy for example, or Gourgeist Trick or Treat, which could have had tons of plot potential. It was mostly just generic flashy powerful moves this series.

Don't forget TR appearing and stealing their Pokémon/Pikachu. ;) Still loved that episode in BW.

Maybe because it was a full on 'not so harmless' final showdown in BW where both sides shown everything they got, instead of the usual ten second curb stomp like DP. A nice way to bow out the rivalry for that series really. Given their track record in XYZ though, I doubt we'll get that this time.

satopi

Maybe because it was a full on 'not so harmless' final showdown in BW where both sides shown everything they got, instead of the usual ten second curb stomp like DP. A nice way to bow out the rivalry for that series really. Given their track record in XYZ though, I doubt we'll get that this time.
We'll be getting the 10 second waste of screentime attack from TR instead. The usual Dedenne runs away, group comforts him, when Dedenne starts to feel better, he gets captured by TR, and then a 10 second battle emerges that doesn't conflict the plot. Great episode indeed. I'm anticipating that the ending scenes will be pretty nice.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I actually expect the Ash vs Serena battle to be interrupted somehow, although not necessarily by Serena herself. Team Rocket could appear during the showcase performance thing and cause the battle to have no conclusion and instead Ash and Serena might just team up to defeat them. ^^

I would absolutely hate to see this happen; I want Serena to have a full, uninterrupted battle with Ash. However, I have a strange feeling a battle interruption is exactly what will happen. Either Serena herself interrupts the battle, because she has found the answer to whatever question she has been pondering over; or Team Rocket interrupts the battle to attempt to steal Pikachu and Braixen, because interrupting battles to steal Pokémon is what they do best.

I actually wouldn't mind Braixen evolving as long as it doesn't come off as a deus ex machina. Braixen has done a fair share of battling; and who is to say that Performances don't count as experience? Let it evolve in a battle against Team Rocket, though, not in the battle against Ash.

Motor Bug2005

If that voice list confirms anything, it's that the Pikachu v Bunnelby battle shown in last week's preview is not in this episode as Bunnelby doesn't appear on the list.

Jibanyan

Alan needs to **** off already. In other hand, I don't mind Manon and I want her to interact with the others some more.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
What? What are Alain and Mairin doing in this episode???? I've had enough of them in the xyz series, especially in the Flare arc!

Status
Not open for further replies.