• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 13th: XY&Z045 - One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
XY and AG did have some similarity, but it's not that similar.

- Both had 4 companions
- Both leagues were self-contained with no reserves
- Ash had 3 developed Pokemon and 2 Pokemon which didn't receive much love
- There were no rivals early on for Ash

I can't think of anything else that is significant.

Red and Blue

We won't know where they are until the episode. There'd be no point in having Clemont and Bonnie's farewell episode be before this if they are still in Lumiose.
XYZ44 isn't even their last episode. The summary for this one still states that Clemont still wants to decide what he wants to do now that his adventure with Ash is over

DatsRight

There are some character links I suppose:

* Three companions for Ash, one being the perky little sibling to young to train Pokemon, and another being the demure young girl Ash is protective towards.
* Team Rocket being decayed (if only relatively, AG was them at their most pathetic, XY was them at their most competent besides BW before it).
* New performer competition goal introduced.

Given DP's most frequent criticism is running the old formula and cast into the ground, I doubt Sun/Moon will quite replicate. If anything any negativity Sun/Moon seems to be gaining is for the exact opposite.

Last edited:

greninjamaster

After heard enough hate, I decided not to start a waifu war (even that was very likely gonna happen), but instead accepting that all the girls were equal and no one is better or worse, they're just Different!
Misty was the though one, she could be like Ash's brother
May was the student, Ash her teacher
Dawn was social one, high fives whenever
Iris was... the childish one? (No hate) she could be the teaser?
Serena was/is the shy one, could be Ash his girlfriend but to shy to tell

So, I hope I made this clear and no one hate on the girls, they are all just 10.

...Misty was Ash's brother. I must have missed the part where Misty was a boy but hey if it made Ash blush and get jealous then good news guys, Ash/Gary still has a chance and Ash/Paul :D

Ash/Clemont is a big one too.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
There are some character links I suppose:

* Three companions for Ash, one being the perky little sibling to young to train Pokemon, and another being the demure young girl Ash is protective towards.
* Team Rocket being decayed (if only relatively, AG was them at their most pathetic, XY was them at their most competent besides BW before it).
* New performer competition goal introduced.

Given DP's most frequent criticism is running the old formula and cast into the ground, I doubt Sun/Moon will quite replicate. If anything any negativity Sun/Moon seems to be gaining is for the exact opposite.

If there's one thing Sun and Moon have already confirmed to be doing, it is running the old formular (gyms/league) and cast (small group as opposed to five classmates) into the ground - and starting with something different.

Irina

ready for Gen 8
Too bad taking one look at SM we know it'll be nothing like DP, sadly.

It seems to be the human nature to talk everything into the ground after ONE trailer! I think we should actually watch the show and then decide if it's good or bad.

What i think about this episode... well, this is Serena's goodbye from the cast. Probably forever.
Still, i hope they give her a great ending since she has a special connection with Ash.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
XY(Z) is nothing like AG. They have some similarities but they're both completely different sagas. He's just joking (I hope).

Thank you. I'll never understand this XY is the new AG joke. They had similarities but so does every season with every other season. DP having a disobedient Pokemon on the main cast didn't make it Kanto 2.0 did it? Nobody can sit hear and tell me that Serena and Performances were as important as May and Contest in AG, and that was a big part of AG. Performances in comparison was a rushed last minute thing. Even if Serena's fighting with Braixen, that doesn't make it AG. Is Braixen evolving while fighting Greninja? No. Did Serena battle a lot in XY where you can entertain the idea of her battling and possibly winning? No. AG introduced possibly the strongest female trainer on the main cast yet while XY introduced the polar opposite. How on earth is that AG, when XY lacks one of the key things that made AG great?

thor94

the plot of the episode is obvious, like with any pokegirls trainer:
the braixen VS pikachu (or greninja) will end with a tie or braixen victory to show like ash rivals (noobs or not), serena too finally reached (or outreached) ash level as trainer (proving once again, that ash is not that good compared to others)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
the braixen VS pikachu (or greninja) will end with a tie or braixen victory to show like ash rivals (noobs or not), serena too finally reached (or outreached) ash level as trainer (proving once again, that ash is not that good compared to others)

I guess we have to wait for more info before assuming anything

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Thank you. I'll never understand this XY is the new AG joke. They had similarities but so does every season with every other season. DP having a disobedient Pokemon on the main cast didn't make it Kanto 2.0 did it? Nobody can sit hear and tell me that Serena and Performances were as important as May and Contest in AG, and that was a big part of AG. Performances in comparison was a rushed last minute thing. Even if Serena's fighting with Braixen, that doesn't make it AG. Is Braixen evolving while fighting Greninja? No. Did Serena battle a lot in XY where you can entertain the idea of her battling and possibly winning? No. AG introduced possibly the strongest female trainer on the main cast yet while XY introduced the polar opposite. How on earth is that AG, when XY lacks one of the key things that made AG great?
Not to mention the kid of the group wasn't as annoying and played a big role and was shown to be mature/wise for her age at times while the other was a complete smartass who starred in one episode with Ralts thus far. The AG group visited Kanto during the saga while the XY group stayed in Kalos the whole time. And each cast member had decent interactions with each other that didn't revolve around Ash. I can't see any saga being the same as the past sagas. Not even OS and BW... like at all! Will S&M be OS 3.0 because Ash has a fresh new start and he's showing his personality again?? Though that would only be if he's incompetent again but that still won't mean that it's OS 3.0

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
So if he finished in the Top 2 of the Kalos League what does that say about the other trainers then if he isn't that good?
Also 1 battle is now determinant of Serena's rankas a battler in comparison to Ash? I think you need to take a Stats Class before you make Math majors commit Honorary Sudoku because of how bad a sample you'd use to come to such a conclusion is. Plus watch Ash win and render your whole point invalid.
Then again your entire point on this forum is just to talk **** about Ash using gross exaggerations or just plain misinformation so...

Omar95

So if he finished in the Top 2 of the Kalos League what does that say about the other trainers then if he isn't that good?
Also 1 battle is now determinant of Serena's rankas a battler in comparison to Ash? I think you need to take a Stats Class before you make Math majors commit Honorary Sudoku because of how bad a sample you'd use to come to such a conclusion is. Plus watch Ash win and render your whole point invalid.
Then again your entire point on this forum is just to talk **** about Ash using gross exaggerations or just plain misinformation so...

Don't you mean Seppuku? xD

I think Serena will surely lose but will be shown to put up a great fight because she knows Ash's battling style almost perfectly, even more with Pikachu because she has even commanded it in a battle. So I think that Serena at least will be able to predict once what Ash is going to do during the battle. There is just no way she can win against Ash (maybe with luck)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
All I can say is that this episode - at least, Serena's goodbye to Ash - has the potential to be very emotional, and the writers had better take every advantage of that potential. I want to see Serena reflecting on her journey with Ash, accompanied by an emotionally moving song. As much as I would like her to confess to Ash, I doubt she will. Even if she did, she probably wouldn't word it directly enough for Ash to grasp what she means. Besides, all those times she (kinda-sorta) flirted with him and he didn't catch on? She has to be be aware of how romantically dense he is.

I would actually like to see Braixen evolve into Delphox. Given how often she has used that fox, surely by now she enough experience to evolve? Also, in some ways, I feel like that would put her one step closer to Aria, who already has a Delphox. However, I will be...miffed if Serena wins the battle (unless Ash purposely throws her the win, but then, Serena wouldn't like it if he did that). As if any of her Pokémon can beat Godchu or Super Saiyan Ninja Frog. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.