• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 13th: XY&Z045 - One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
All I can say is that this episode - at least, Serena's goodbye to Ash - has the potential to be very emotional, and the writers had better take every advantage of that potential. I want to see Serena reflecting on her journey with Ash, accompanied by an emotionally moving song. As much as I would like her to confess to Ash, I doubt she will. Even if she did, she probably wouldn't word it directly enough for Ash to grasp what she means. Besides, all those times she (kinda-sorta) flirted with him and he didn't catch on? She has to be be aware of how romantically dense he is.

I would actually like to see Braixen evolve into Delphox. Given how often she has used that fox, surely by now she enough experience to evolve? Also, in some ways, I feel like that would put her one step closer to Aria, who already has a Delphox. However, I will be...miffed if Serena wins the battle (unless Ash purposely throws her the win, but then, Serena wouldn't like it if he did that). As if any of her Pokémon can beat Godchu or Super Saiyan Ninja Frog. :p

I agree with every word. But since Serena's goodbye to Ash - has the potential to be very emotional, I would rather it consists of 2 episodes instead of only 1.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I agree with every word. But since Serena's goodbye to Ash - has the potential to be very emotional, I would rather it consists of 2 episodes instead of only 1.

I can see it being the second half of an episode. Unless they've really improved the goodbyes, I think it'll just be like all the others. as much as I would love a really emotional whole episode, love song included, with characters crying and giving gifts to each other, I dont see that.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ash and Serena's goodbye won't be emotional. So won't his and Clemont's/Bonnie's. I can only see Serena and Bonnie's goodbye as emotional. They'll put all the emotional feelings onto Alan and Manon because they're special and mean a lot more to each other by the writers.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Ash and Serena's goodbye won't be emotional. So won't his and Clemont's/Bonnie's. I can only see Serena and Bonnie's goodbye as emotional. They'll put all the emotional feelings onto Alan and Manon because they're special and mean a lot more to each other by the writers.

ugh i honestly hope manon and alain get maybe an 8th of an episode for goodbye

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Yeah those two were practically sisters so I can see them being sad. At least they'll both be in Kalos so they can still visit each other.

Anyways I'm hoping for Braixen to evolve here and get a Serena-Delphox form. Id love to see a win as well.

satopi

ugh i honestly hope manon and alain get maybe an 8th of an episode for goodbye
Nah, they'll get a whole episode. :D
... I hope.

Yeah those two were practically sisters so I can see them being sad. At least they'll both be in Kalos so they can still visit each other.

Anyways I'm hoping for Braixen to evolve here and get a Serena-Delphox form. Id love to see a win as well.
I don't think Teruna will evolve but if she does then I wouldn't mind. I'd really like an emotional Serena-Bonnie moment. They can always visit each other and stay in contact, I believe that Serena is staying in Kalos.

Graham Aker

Nah, they'll get a whole episode. :D
... I hope.

I don't think Teruna will evolve but if she does then I wouldn't mind. I'd really like an emotional Serena-Bonnie moment. They can always visit each other and stay in contact, I believe that Serena is staying in Kalos.

It makes far more sense for an emotional moment between Ash and Serena/Clemont/Bonnie. Not sure why you think there won't be one between Ash and them, especially given the fact those three are still living in the same region and Ash is not. Unless you're just being negative.

satopi

It makes far more sense for an emotional moment between Ash and Serena/Clemont/Bonnie. Not sure why you think there won't be one between Ash and them, especially given the fact those three are still living in the same region and Ash is not. Unless you're just being negative.

The goodbyes aren't really emotional. I mean look at the BW Group, they've been through a lot more and traveled outside of Unova. (sort of) Same with AG & DP. The Pokemon are a lot more emotional than the humans who seem to understand that they have to go their separate ways. I'm not being negative, I'm just expecting it. Don't get disappointed when they're not all that sad nor emotional especially Ash. I don't see him crying over any of them who isn't Pikachu or his Pokémon. I can only see Serena and Bonnie being emotional towards each other. They made their choices and they all understand that they have to continue on with their lives.

Graham Aker

The goodbyes aren't really emotional. I mean look at the BW Group, they've been through a lot more and traveled outside of Unova. (sort of) Same with AG & DP. The Pokemon are a lot more emotional than the humans who seem to understand that they have to go their separate ways. I'm not being negative, I'm just expecting it. Don't get disappointed when they're not all that sad nor emotional especially Ash. I don't see him crying over any of them who isn't Pikachu or his Pokémon. I can only see Serena and Bonnie being emotional towards each other. They made their choices and they all understand that they have to continue on with their lives.

Uh, only BW wasn't emotional. AG and DP were pretty emotional (May showed sadness on the boat, Ash had to go talk to Max, Dawn almost cried), so I don't know what you're talking about. I never said he'd cry over them, I said it be a nice moment shared between him and the others. Emotional moment doesn't have to = crying. And I'm not sure why you think ONLY Serena and Bonnie will be emotional, especially given they live in the same region.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
The only emotional goodbye was OS, that one tears me up. AG and DP was sad, but it's not cry-worthy. Considering that Ash failed to show any emotion when he let his dream slip by his hand, I doubt we will see Ash show emotion he should be used to this by now. However Serena and Bonnie will definitely feel sadness when Ash leaves.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I wonder how they'll follow up Serena's character after this episode if she'll still appear after it or if she'll get a post XY special and guest appearance in SM.

Graham Aker

The only emotional goodbye was OS, that one tears me up. AG and DP was sad, but it's not cry-worthy. Considering that Ash failed to show any emotion when he let his dream slip by his hand, I doubt we will see Ash show emotion he should be used to this by now. However Serena and Bonnie will definitely feel sadness when Ash leaves.

Again, emotional doesn't have to mean the characters are crying. They show some sadness, and have a character specific moment with Ash each related to what each of their stories with Ash were.

satopi

Yeah and then that emotional moment would be them departing, saying good luck on their journey to each other. Seems like the norm.

I expect the only emotional scene coming from Serena is when she reflects over her growth throughout her journey and how she (never really) improved as a Performer and some fun scenes with the group. That's all I expect. Ash will be sad when Bonnie leaves and when Greninja leaves him for the Hidden Protagonist Alan once their bond transformation goes away.

Last edited:

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Serena's goodbye should be emotional given how much she likes Ash, but judging by the summary and the scan....I don't think it will be.

Even Dawn almost cried when Ash/Brock were leaving her on the boat away from Sinnoh. If Serena doesn't get at least a little bit teary eyed when Ash departs from her, I think it'll almost be out of character. Hopefully Omode writes this episode.

Omode was behind the Dance episode and the date episode, as well as the Mega Charizard Y epsiode, she si the last person needed for this goodbye

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i think just how ash yelled "no need to worry" to dawn when he left, he'll end things off with serena by saying "never give up until the end" or something along those lines and then they say goodbye.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Uh, only BW wasn't emotional. AG and DP were pretty emotional (May showed sadness on the boat, Ash had to go talk to Max, Dawn almost cried), so I don't know what you're talking about. I never said he'd cry over them, I said it be a nice moment shared between him and the others. Emotional moment doesn't have to = crying. And I'm not sure why you think ONLY Serena and Bonnie will be emotional, especially given they live in the same region.

I got a little teary eyed at those, but I still don't think they were Pokemon's best as far as emotional scenes go. They were both way better than the OS goodbyes at the very least. The only emotion there was humor lol.

As for XY, I actually do think it would be a lot more emotional if they didn't cry (aside from Bonnie) since it would help show some pretty good character growth for both Serena and Clemont. Like they can be sad and blink back tears and stuff of course, just not outright crying. (Like what Ash does now).

Status
Not open for further replies.