• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 13th: XY&Z045 - One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'm no falling for the bait, but looking from the preview this will be a decent episode. Maybe I will cry 2 times. *cough I dont cry, I'm a guy cough* But yeah, if things are getting serious I don't think writers are trolling us. Even though they trolled us with the Kalos League, I really enjoyed the episode, and I'm sure a lot of people did too. There was a lot salt because he lost but common, it was one of the greatest battles in his history. So even if the writers don't give us the result, we really enjoyed the episode, and I feel like it's gonna happen here too. And yeah it's about her future, but she would never have a future, without Ash, he gave her a dream, a wonderfull journey and a ribbon. So Ash is also involved in this.
Rest assure, this is not Serena 's goodbye episode. It would be too bad to not see Lord Goodra and Greninja go off. Guys can cry, it's much preferred. :) Lets not go there...
I disagree that Serena wouldn't have a future without Ash, that's kind of harsh. Ash was a good stepping stone for her to leave home but Serena found out about Performing by befriending Shauna, she found her chosen Pokémon by her own, she trained harder (well... not really) with her Pokémon and wanted to improve by her own accord. Ash was just doing his job of inspiring her to do her best and to never give up on what she's passionate about. That job could've been done by her mother or Shauna as well but Ash was the highlight and someone whom she admired. So she took it to heart.

BTW just a question aimed to the haters of shippings: Why do you hate shipping and their shipper so much? I know there are a lot of people going wild about shippings and start wars against writers
Writers could care less about people who ship. Shipping is just for fun.
Anyway, I don't hate shipping (hence my username) but when that one trait that a character like Serena has been given more importance and focus than her actual goal in mind, that's where the problem lies. Rabid shippers give the sane ones a bad name and I hate the fact that some of them only see Serena as shipping fodder, a character who doesn't have a purpose other than to be the girlfriend of main character. It's like her small crush overshadows her whole character for some fans despite her having character development and having ideals, dreams, (a bit of) struggles, flaws, talents, etc. Her crush isn't really relevant to the plot nor her growth as a person. Just a fun gag that makes her character cute.

Since the previous episode was actually an Alain episode, the most natural outcome is how this is actually a Mairin episode.
Don't you dare... and here I thought Alan was the thunder stealer.

did clemont even make a decision in the last episode?
I don't think he did. He just wanted to revive Citriod and help/guide him through battling Alba.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I'm no falling for the bait, but looking from the preview this will be a decent episode. Maybe I will cry 2 times. *cough I dont cry, I'm a guy cough* But yeah, if things are getting serious I don't think writers are trolling us. Even though they trolled us with the Kalos League, I really enjoyed the episode, and I'm sure a lot of people did too. There was a lot salt because he lost but common, it was one of the greatest battles in his history. So even if the writers don't give us the result, we really enjoyed the episode, and I feel like it's gonna happen here too. And yeah it's about her future, but she would never have a future, without Ash, he gave her a dream, a wonderfull journey and a ribbon. So Ash is also involved in this.

BTW just a question aimed to the haters of shippings: Why do you hate shipping and their shipper so much? I know there are a lot of people going wild about shippings and start wars against writers
(never forget war Pealshippers VS writers 2010) but there's also a nice community behind it. Not everybody is the same! :D As I Always say: don't be a racist, be a realist xD

Not really against shipping, just the toxic people who blindly support their ship without acknowledging it's flaws in the premise/characters (or those that just want to see them together regardless of story and personal development) and those that go out their way to bash ships for the intent of 'winning' the shipping war.

I ship whoever I feel like and post what I think is funny in regards to ships because I find it fun/cute, but I'm not about to track down shippers and constantly shove down their throat why I don't like their ship - at least not without good reason (for example if someone asked me why, I would tell them).

I hope Amourshipper's are happy with the episode/conclusion if it does end. It's clear some people have invested a lot of time into it, so it'll be a kick in the teeth if it's a meh ending.

EDIT: I used Amourshippers in the second paragraph because I was thinking ahead for the third. Editted to be more generic.

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i just don't like the toxic shippers that do things like send death threats to writers and constantly bash other aspects of the show that have absolutely nothing to do with the ship when they don't get what they want. i was pretty cool with it for a while but the dance episode incident made me realize that some of them are taking this WAYY too far. however, i do know that there are a lot of shippers out there that are cool about it and don't act like the world will end when we get an episode without a hint.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Writers could care less about people who ship. Shipping is just for fun.
Anyway, I don't hate shipping (hence my username) but when that one trait that a character like Serena has been given more importance and focus than her actual goal in mind, that's where the problem lies. Rabid shippers give the sane ones a bad name and I hate the fact that some of them only see Serena as shipping fodder, a character who doesn't have a purpose other than to be the girlfriend of main character. It's like her small crush overshadows her whole character for some fans despite her having character development and having ideals, dreams, (a bit of) struggles, flaws, talents, etc. Her crush isn't really relevant to the plot nor her growth as a person. Just a fun gag that makes her character cute.

This pretty much is what bothers me about the shipping and some of the shippers/antishippers. I'm not saying the shipping itself or amourshipper are bad, I actually enjoy some of the hints, especially the funny ones. It's just when it starts overshadowing Serena's other traits and her character it starts turning into a problem. The shippers/antishippers or whoever that sees Serena only as shipping fodder are the ones that annoy me.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

(never forget war Pealshippers VS writers 2010) but there's also a nice community behind it. Not everybody is the same! :D As I Always say: don't be a racist, be a realist xD

I completely agree with you. Despite Serena's crush on Ash giving XY series a new flavour, I don't know what is wrong with Satoharupika and Pokegirl Fan that they hate shipping so much.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
I completely agree with you. Despite Serena's crush on Ash giving XY series a new flavour, I don't know what is wrong with Satoharupika and Pokegirl Fan that they hate shipping so much.

just because you're obsessed with a shipping doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to hate it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
just because you're obsessed with a shipping doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to hate it.

And just because they are hating it, I don't know why I am not allowed to be obsessed with it

satopi

Pfft, nothing's wrong with us. How dare I say Serena is a person who has a future outside of being Ash's girlfriend. ;)

By the way, I don't hate shipping unless it deteriorates the plot and character.

DatsRight

I kinda feel like Serena needs to lose this battle. She just needs one official loss, otherwise it would be the cheapest undefeated streak in the anime's history.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Pfft, nothing's wrong with us. How dare I say Serena is a person who has a future outside of being Ash's girlfriend. ;)

By the way, I don't hate shipping unless it deteriorates the plot and character.

Amourshipping hasn't ruined any plot or character. Serena has always been inspired by Ash in her goal. Ash has been her motivation in many ways.

DatsRight

In perfect fairness, if Ash hadn't came along, Serena would still be a frustrated and timid little girl stuck at home doing a life goal she hated (if she hadn't already met her fate at the Kanto Summer Camp years before, that is). Directly or not, Ash helped Serena come out of her shell. That's less out of context of shilling shipping and more down to the fact that Ash does that with ceaseless people.

satopi

In perfect fairness, if Ash hadn't came along, Serena would still be a frustrated and timid little girl stuck at home doing a life goal she hated (if she hadn't already met her fate at the Kanto Summer Camp years before, that is). Directly or not, Ash helped Serena come out of her shell. That's less out of context of shilling shipping and more down to the fact that Ash does that with ceaseless people.
No one to blame Serena but herwritersself. She didn't HAVE to do Rhyhorn Riding but finding Ash just to give him an old handkerchief was a perfect excuse for her.

Wait, a battle? Did her Pokemon actually faint, like, swirly eyes and everything?
Or was it because they tripped again? :p
I think she meant Performance loss but I'm probably wrong.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
They showed part of it and I believe she lost
There was also that triple battle too where she was knocked out first

Those battles doesn't matter. She won't win this battle. She'll either lose, tie, or the battle would get interrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.