• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 13th: XY&Z045 - One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Those battles doesn't matter. She won't win this battle. She'll either lose, tie, or the battle would get interrupted.
I guess Clemont defeating Xerosic doesn't matter either. The main point is that she needs an official loss.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Those battles doesn't matter. She won't win this battle. She'll either lose, tie, or the battle would get interrupted.

It's still a battle and it should matter.

DatsRight

If she had shown serious battle competence in a battle beyond a Team Rocket curb stomp it might have been remotely believable (not a lot with Ash being a finalist but remotely). But Serena hasn't really shown a great deal of strategy and resilience against a good battler. Any win she didn't get from a lacklustre opponent she got from dumb luck or someone intervening before she was knocked out. Hell even when Team Rocket start dealing damage she's as helpless as she was when she first started.

TheMarvelMC

Kalos League Victor!
Calling it now: Serena requests a battle with Ash, and that prompts him to grab her hand and start running to the battlefield.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
BTW thanks for your opinions guys, this gave me a better vision of other people in the Pokémon community. I'm still trying to figure out why shipping got so big. So I'm gonna try another question:
If you ship 2 people, why would you do that? What is it to support 2 people together?

I mean, it's not like you get in a relationship yourself, you just, support 2 people being together, but why?

This is how I see shipping; I ship 2 people together if I actually want myself to be in a relationship with 1 of the 2 persons. But you know you'll never get him/her because reasons. So to make the person I like happy I want them to have a good life and a good partner. That's the reason I think people ship other people, because they actually are in love/like someone but it's almost impossible for you to get together, so you want them to be happy and get a partner.

Can you let me know what you think about shipping? (just doing some scientific research :D, I'm Clemont, the scientist )

satopi

BTW thanks for your opinions guys, this gave me a better vision of other people in the Pokémon community. I'm still trying to figure out why shipping got so big. So I'm gonna try another question:
If you ship 2 people, why would you do that? What is it to support 2 people together?

I mean, it's not like you get in a relationship yourself, you just, support 2 people being together, but why?

This is how I see shipping; I ship 2 people together if I actually want myself to be in a relationship with 1 of the 2 persons. But you know you'll never get him/her because reasons. So to make the person I like happy I want them to have a good life and a good partner. That's the reason I think people ship other people, because they actually are in love/like someone but it's almost impossible for you to get together, so you want them to be happy and get a partner.

Can you let me know what you think about shipping? (just doing some scientific research :D, I'm Clemont, the scientist )
They have entertaining/interesting interactions that doesn't feel forced, chemistry, and the type of person they are.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Here's to hoping that TR doesn't interrupt Serena's battle with Ash.

Anyway, looking forward to this episode. It looks to have a lot of things packed into one episode. Performance with Shauna, battle with Ash, a heart to heart talk with her Mom, making a decision on what to do, and even some Amour thrown in. I am a fan of Amour, so even it's one moment, it's icing on the cake for me. But, I'm more excited for the development Serena looks to receive here.

DatsRight

Here's to hoping that TR doesn't interrupt Serena's battle with Ash.

Turn down throwing in an effortless curbstomp over a proper developed battle to give better pretence Serena has become remotely more competent since her first battle?

Fat chance.

Last edited:

Kaiser-Bisharp

It looks like Ash is the one that suggests they have a battle, the conclusion of said battle is unknown. What I think TR or whatever ruins the battle and forever remains undecided or Zekrom just flies by and is like "yea I'll ruin there battle cuz why, cuz I'm a D***!). But for real if TPC wants to try new things for starters they could resume a battle every time one is interrupted, like the Pikachu vs Pikachu battle bunch of teases.

DatsRight

It looks like Ash is the one that suggests they have a battle, the conclusion of said battle is unknown. What I think TR or whatever ruins the battle and forever remains undecided or Zekrom just flies by and is like "yea I'll ruin there battle cuz why, cuz I'm a D***!). But for real if TPC wants to try new things for starters they could resume a battle every time one is interrupted, like the Pikachu vs Pikachu battle bunch of teases.

Is it really necessary to make it indecisive in this case however? I mean would anyone believe Serena really stood a chance of beating Ash if the interruption hadn't occurred?

Ash has beat all eight Kalos gym leaders and lost first place in the League by the smallest margin.

Serena can beat Team Rocket at their most minimal level of threat, with backup from Ash at that.

Last edited:

Kaiser-Bisharp

Is it really necessary to make it indecisive in this case however? I mean would anyone believe Serena really stood a chance of beating Ash if the interruption hadn't occurred?

Ash has beat all eight Kalos gym leaders and lost first place in the League by the smallest margin.

Serena can beat Team Rocket at their most minimal level of threat, with backup from Ash at that.

What I mean is just once to not have a battle between main characters unfinished. And yes I don't think Serena has much of a chance against Ash either but show her battling with everything she's got. Because you can fail at something but deciding to try and give it your best is better than not trying at all.

DatsRight

What I mean is just once to not have a battle between main characters unfinished. And yes I don't think Serena has much of a chance against Ash either but show her battling with everything she's got. Because you can fail at something but deciding to try and give it your best is better than not trying at all.

I would like to see her fighting PROPERLY, as in using her Pokemon strategically in a difficult battle with proper opponents, which up to this point she's usually been useless against. Both a token loss and one she fought well in would at least partially redeem her Invincible Incompetent status throughout the series.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Who cares who wins or loses, this battle isn't about that and it's not about if Serena stands a chance. People shouldn't be putting too much emphasis on this. It's about 2 people who have been traveling together for the last 3 years having "One Last Battle." It's a good way for them bond. I also believe that it's certainly plausible for Serena to give Ash a good battle because of her passion and all she's learned on this journey. Serena has also witnessed almost every one of Ash's battles in Kalos. In the Serena becomes Ash episode, we seen her battle and we even seen her use one of Ash's strategies, so she's not a noob when it comes down to it.

I really think people underrate Serena at times and have to look at this is episode for what it actually is and not what they think it should be or how realistic the outcome should be.

STICKTOPIA

I'm wondering if braxien will pull a combusken and evolve when the group soon separates. I like how Serena blushed when ash grabbed her hand. I'm curious what the purpose is for that. And Marin(?) is still here? I wonder what her purpose is

Kaiser-Bisharp

I would like to see her fighting PROPERLY, as in using her Pokemon strategically in a difficult battle with proper opponents, which up to this point she's usually been useless against. Both a token loss and one she fought well in would at least partially redeem her Invincible Incompetent status throughout the series.

You know for the love of me I cannot remember her being in many battles at all maybe two-three at most.

And for me Serena's battling incompetence or whatever it is was never really a problem for me because of one reason. She's a fictional character with no control over that aspect that's all on the writers, some people view that as a big issue and that's fine I view it in the sense that like very human being they have there faults because no human is perfect. (This statement is meant for a different person)

Franckie

Seems a trolling episode. I guess in the end Serena having a crush on Ash is a pointless development since it's gone nowhere for all of XY. I'd like to think otherwise, but given the tendency of the writers...

satopi

You know for the love of me I cannot remember her being in many battles at all maybe two-three at most.

And for me Serena's battling incompetence or whatever it is was never really a problem for me because of one reason. She's a fictional character with no control over that aspect that's all on the writers, some people view that as a big issue and that's fine I view it in the sense that like very human being they have there faults because no human is perfect. (This statement is meant for a different person)
... Are you talking about me?? (well most likely not). I wish that Serena would have a proper full battle for once rather than her battle incompetence.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I don't know what u are talking about 'bad in battling'. I mean it's not even hard, just scream dodge it and use good Pokémon moves oh common it can't be easier. The Anime just looks like it's super hard and moves like Cut are used in competitve. Look at the games: if you were 10, did you already know how to play Pkmn perfectly? It's just choosing an attack and wait xD just like the Anime. But in the Anime they probably show us a Altaria getting one shotted by a Water Shuriken, which is 500% impossible in the games. Anime battling is unrealistic af.

Status
Not open for further replies.