• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
http://i.imgur.com/Fc3YQ3r.jpg

3 Super News Reports on the TV Anime, Part 3

Is this the end for Ash Greninja!?

Everyone thought the Team Flare incident was over. But Xerosic, who escaped during it, has once again started making a move! Ash and Ash Greninja challenge him to a fight to stop his terrifying ambitions!!

Ash: We'll definitely stop you!!

Xerosic aims to form Neo Team Flare!
He gathers Zygarde Cell in order to fulfill Lysandre's ambitions!

What are the powers Ash Greninja hides!?
For the sake of Kalosian peace, Ash Greninja's powers...?

---

http://i.imgur.com/4wDPYI0.jpg

Blurbs:
*Greninja runs wild, battling plants!
*Xerosic shows up!

-----

http://i.imgur.com/OFp50De.jpg

Xerosic starts striking back
In order to part ways with Goodra, Ash and the others head for the wetlands. On their way back, they run into the plants that were raging wildly during the Team Flare incident, but manage to drive them back with help from Ash Greninja. But then Team Flare scientist Xerosic appears.

------

http://i.imgur.com/YCCtv6T.jpg

Having run into the plants that were raging wildly during the Team Flare incident, Ash manages to drive them back with help from Ash Greninja. But then Xerosic appears out of nowhere and abducts Clemont.

--------

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/topics/161004_01.html

Thursday October 20th at 6:55pm
The parting happens so suddenly!? "Farewell, Ash Greninja"

Ash and Greninja have reached a new greatness known as the "bond phenomenon". But then their parting suddenly arrives... It appears this is all heavily connected to the Team Flare incident, which caused great danger to the Kalos region, as well as to the legendary Pokémon Zygarde, which monitors the world... "Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back!!" is sure to be the talk of the town. Don't miss out on this episode!!

-------

In order to part ways with Goodra, Ash and the others set off for the wetlands. On their way back from there, they ran into the plants that were raging wildly during the Team Flare incident. And as Ash fought them off with help from Ash Greninja, Xerosic appeared. Taken by surprise, Clemont ends up abducted.

-------

Ash and the others set off for the wetlands, and on their way back, they ran into the plants that were raging back during the Team Flare incident. While startled, they somehow managed to fight them off. But then Xerosic appeared and took Clemont by surprise, carrying him off with him.

-------

Pocket Monsters XY&Z: A new series where shocking developments await you every single week. What is the secret the legendary Pokémon "Zygarde" hides, and what is the mysterious phenomenon that happens to Satoshi's "Gekkouga"!? When all these mysteries get cleared up, the greatest crisis the Kalos region has ever seen will strike!
Satoshi (voiced by Rica Matsumoto) and his friends set off for the wetlands in order to part ways with the Dragon Pokémon Numelgon. But on their way back from there, they ran into the plants that were raging wildly during the Flare Gang incident. Despite getting startled, Satoshi fought them off with help from Satoshi Gekkouga, but then Flare Gang scientist Xerosicy (voiced by Tsuguo Mogami) appeared and, taking Citron (voiced by Yuki Kaji) by surprise, end up abducting him! And even more startling, Citron loudly announces he has joined the Flare Gang! What is Citron's fate!?

Last edited:

noakai

And suddenly that "how strong is Greninja without its evolution" thread becomes relevant lol.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
So essentially the whole payoff of the entire ash greninja arc and all that build up was for one win against wulfric, one against mega sceptile with shota, and one 10 second win against a random alteria.

SlimeStack

As expected, Greninja will lose his powers here so he can be left in Oak's backyard forever without anyone feeling like he ranks higher than Ash's other Pokémon.

Seems like it's a very vague adaptation of Xerosic's extra story in the XY postgame, completely lacking the Looker and Emma parts. Also lacking the base, and well, everything except Xerosic. :D

Lionel_B

What? The writers want to remove the Ash's Mega-evolution substitution? If it disappears in this episode, need not worry, he will return as Deus Ex Machina in a future league.

But it appears to compromise the Ash Greninja in Sun & Moon games... Which does not bother me...

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I have a feeling that Greninja will sacrifice himself to stop whatever Xerosic is doing.
Probably a good way to end his OP power and his special bond with Ash.

At least it's better than being placed in Oak's backyard for all eternity.

noakai

So essentially the whole payoff of the entire ash greninja arc and all that build up was for one win against wulfric, one against mega sceptile with shota, and one 10 second win against a random alteria.

I'm starting to wonder if those people saying Ash-Greninja only existed because Greninja was too popular to shelve so they had to give it something that would put it on the level of Mega Evolution in battles were right.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
This feels like it should have been in the flare arc. It would have least been better that ash greninja like sacrifices the transformation at the cost of helping save the world and not just some random thing here.

FulgoreX

Banned
I have a feeling that Greninja will sacrifice himself to stop whatever Xerosic is doing.
Probably a good way to end his OP power and his special bond with Ash.

At least it's better than being placed in Oak's backyard for all eternity.

LOL, Greninja isn't going to die.

SlimeStack

I'm starting to wonder if those people saying Ash-Greninja only existed because Greninja was too popular to shelve so they had to give it something that would put it on the level of Mega Evolution in battles were right.

That is the reason. Merchandising comes before plot in Pokémon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Makes sense, we all kind of figured Ash Greninja would be the one to really save Kalos(from the prophecy) and since Squishy and Alain are actually gone. It makes sense for Ash and Greninja to go out in a blaze of heroic glory.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Hopefully this title and summary are just a tease and that Greninja doesn't lose that form, but it would explain why the Bond Phenomenon is not in Sun and Moon, since it could just be something that lasted for about 30+ episodes. Also, I doubt Ash would only bring it with him to Alola if it has it's Ash-Greninja form.

Haunter ゴースト

As expected and predicted, to which a lot of you said was stupid and would never happen.

Ash-Greninja may lose his powers.

Maybe be more civil when reacting to somebodies theory next time huh?

Hopefully they are trolling again, but who knows.

Last edited:
How to ruin the end of XYZ in 10 steps:
1) Goodbye Serena
2) Goodbye Ash-Greninja
3) Ash in Alola
4) Goodbye Clemont
5) Daigo-San GTFO after only three eps
6) Xerosic returns?!
7) Alan and Manon are not the new protagonists
8) Goodbye Chespie
9) Goodbye every other amazing rival in XYZ
10) Cameron didn't appear

thor94

goodbye ash-greninja you will return to the second tier state where you can't stand against a mere rookie sceptile.
It would be better if the writters given ash true mega evolution with charizard or sceptile (or even garchomps) and have his mega bracelet break from overload during the final battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.