• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanUn0

Is it bad to say that despite me trying to stay positive throughout this past month of the anime, that positive streak is dwindling? I love this show will all of my heart, but the influx of news like this makes it hard to find any good in some of this. It doesn't help that this news in coming in bulk as well. No one here needs to repeat the whole "The anime is a marketing tool" schtick, but this doesn't even seem like marketing anymore. This feels like a huge, cruel joke. I know I'm probably taking this harder than I should be, and I probably am. But man... Ash was so close to having it all. Now it feels like it's all being taken away from him. ;~; It's hard to put into words how I truly feel, but does Greninja have to go like THIS? This could very well be a click-bait title and Xerosic doesn't do crap, but who knows anymore... Dang, I'm being really pessimistic.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Is it bad to say that despite me trying to stay positive throughout this past month of the anime, that positive streak is dwindling? I love this show will all of my heart, but the influx of news like this makes it hard to find any good in some of this. It doesn't help that this news in coming in bulk as well. No one here needs to repeat the whole "The anime is a marketing tool" schtick, but this doesn't even seem like marketing anymore. This feels like a huge, cruel joke. I know I'm probably taking this harder than I should be, and I probably am. But man... Ash was so close to having it all. Now it feels like it's all being taken away from him. ;~; It's hard to put into words how I truly feel, but does Greninja have to go like THIS? This could very well be a click-bait title and Xerosic doesn't do crap, but who knows anymore... Dang, I'm being really pessimistic.

If anything, this would go against the marketing thing because they'd lose all the fans they gained. Inb4, Ash breaks his Z-ring at the end of Sun and Moon and Pikachu gets beat by a level 5 starter from Gen8

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Not gonna *censored* about it because I've already done it and there's really not much more to add at this point. I do, however, wonder how they're gonna handle Ash-Greninja when we get to that point considering we have two very accurate leaks saying it will be in the games in some form. I guess you could say they'll just ignore it like they do a large chunk of things, but considering literally everything about Ash-Greninja and Greninja in general, it seems kinda unlikely.

As far as the marketing thing as a whole goes, Zard is still getting pushed (pre-suspension Roman Reigns levels at this point), so I really don't see why Ikuze Ninja Frog can't.

And what's this about Daigo? Like Daigo Umehara? When did he become a meme around here?

Daigo is Steven's Japanese name. Just if you wondered what it was

LizardonX

Banned
Still it was clear it was a way to promote the frog and mid-battle evolution a.k.a mega evolution. As long as Ash looks cool and whatever he is doing you can also somewhat do in the game it is a win for the writers yes, SM Ash will look cool, just you wait.

So Ash is gonna be Sakamoto now?

The writer's are ridiculous and idiots and the show is merely a marketing ploy what else do you need to know? They obviously don't care about the ratings...they are proving it time and time again....

Ash-Greninja and Serena ( Amourshipping ) were two big things that made XY and XYZ so good...does anyone have anything else to add about why the writers might do this?

Markerz

The games don't even have Ash-Greninja in them (for now), tho.

This is a great way to keep enticing people into wanting more of the Pokemon franchise. Showcase things that people could possibly have and let the money flow in. Pokemon clickbait, a refined art!

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ash-Greninja and Serena ( Amourshipping ) were two big things that made XY and XYZ so good...does anyone have anything else to add about why the writers might do this?

There were other reasons on what made XY/XY&Z really good. The writers are taking out the bond phenomenon because it isn't needed anymore and continuing Xerosic's epilogue story.

There were other reasons on what made XY/XY&Z really good. The writers are taking out the bond phenomenon because it isn't needed anymore and continuing Xerosic's epilogue story.

Even though both Chinese leaks clearly state that Ash-Greninja will be in the anime and the fact that Alola has synchro? I hate leaks, but the Chinese ones have validity...

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Ash-Greninja probably won't be in the game because Ash isn't in the game. It's probably the bond phenomenon itself.

Red and Blue

The writer's are ridiculous and idiots and the show is merely a marketing ploy what else do you need to know? They obviously don't care about the ratings...they are proving it time and time again....

Amour was always one sided ever since the beginning. Why anyone would be shocked that Serena is leaving is beyond me

Amour was always one sided ever since the beginning. Why anyone would be shocked that Serena is leaving is beyond me

This thread isn't about Amour, but if it was long and lengthy debate. Amourshipping being canon from one side is good enough...no other girl had it, so what's the shame in shipping it?

Back to Greninja...That scientist is gonna have to rip that bond out of em, if he want it so bad....

Why? Why writers?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Eh Amourshipping felt more like rating-bait for some reason imo and even then AshxSerena interactions weren't exactly that prominent throughout the series. Not DawnxBrock bad but it pales in comparison to chemistries such as OS/BW trio, AshxDawn, ClemontxBonnie, etc. At least to me anyways.

I actually like how Xerosic is somewhat being included as a small nod to his postgame inclusion although didn't he fall down in an endless pit or something?

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Eh Amourshipping felt more like rating-bait for some reason imo and even then AshxSerena interactions weren't exactly that prominent throughout the series. Not DawnxBrock bad but it pales in comparison to chemistries such as OS/BW trio, AshxDawn, ClemontxBonnie, etc. At least to me anyways.

I actually like how Xerosic is somewhat being included as a small nod to his postgame inclusion although didn't he fall down in an endless pit or something?

I wishes Malva was the one to fight Ash. Especially since Xerosic lost to Clemont so Greninja beating him won't be exactly too impressive

Red and Blue

No he was arrested by Looker at the end. Im curious what will happen in the anime

noakai

And yet neither of those things actually raised ratings.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I knew it.

How would you girls react if Greninja ends up defeating Zard X while in its base form after these events?

No matter how you look at it salty rivers will flood it all after this ep's airing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Greninja dies too. At this point what's the hold up? tbh I think the Ash-Greninja marketing plot failed, perhaps it sold little merch or didn't click with japanese viewers, they regret about it so now they're back to Pikachu being the "special one".

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I think the games will have Syncro Evolution. We probably will learn the answer when this episode airs. Who knows, maybe Greninja will keep its bond transformation with Ash but he'll still be Oak'd. Pikachu is still his main Pokémon and best bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.