1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noakai

noakai Well-Known Member

And yet neither of those things actually raised ratings.

2. Afrodisiac

Afrodisiac break up w yo gf, im bored

I knew it.

How would you girls react if Greninja ends up defeating Zard X while in its base form after these events?

No matter how you look at it salty rivers will flood it all after this ep's airing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Greninja dies too. At this point what's the hold up? tbh I think the Ash-Greninja marketing plot failed, perhaps it sold little merch or didn't click with japanese viewers, they regret about it so now they're back to Pikachu being the "special one".

3. satopi

satopi SM Ash is best Ash! All hail Champion Ash!

I think the games will have Syncro Evolution. We probably will learn the answer when this episode airs. Who knows, maybe Greninja will keep its bond transformation with Ash but he'll still be Oak'd. Pikachu is still his main Pokémon and best bro.

4. fidjnr

fidjnr Active Member

with a little help from the TRio

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  5. Cradily17

Cradily17 Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. So Ash-Greninja won't appear in Sun and Moon? Well then what was the point of it being hyped so much in the anime?

LilligantLewis likes this.
  6. Xenon Blue

Xenon Blue No Hard Feelings

He wish he was. Not enough swag.

7. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Pretty much to give Ash something on the level of Mega Evolution without dipping into Ash's reserves (Diancie is the only Gen 6 Pokemon that can Mega Evolve and Pikachu cannot Mega Evolve due to being not fully evolved). Losing the Ash-Greninja form will sting for some but giving it one last hurrah in taking down Xerosic is an acceptable way to farewell it.

8. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

I don't think Ash-Greninja has a purpose in Sun and Moon, it was just exclusive to the XYZ saga. Ash isn't going to bring any of his old Pokémon with him into Alola aside from Pikachu. It's his choice (more like the writers). Writers want to promote new Pokémon, not old ones.

Also for Xerosic, just how did he escape from the trap in the Lumiose Gym? Love how he tries to make one last attempt, but probably fails miserably, therefore getting thrown in jail.

9. DankOverlord

DankOverlord Komodo Dragons Rule!

Anime Magic? I guess.

10. greninjamaster

greninjamaster Well-Known Member

I didn't even do anything cause ratings were terrible.

11. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Probably. Writers throw in something that doesn't make sense in continuity at times. It's their choice, they do whatever they want.

12. Shadao

Shadao Champion GETTO DA ZE!

By that logic, Complete Forme Zygarde isn't going to be in Sun and Moon because it's a Kalos Pokémon and thus it wouldn't be a new Pokémon to promote, therefore it is exclusive to the XYZ saga. To me, it's utterly stupid and dumb for GameFreak to promote Ash-Greninja not simply in the anime, but also in the TCG, Shuffle, Picross, and even an official wallpaper on the 3DS, and not have it in the games. Really, kids would want to have an Ash-Greninja just like they want to have a Mega Charizard X in their games. It's the most popular Pokémon in Japan for reason.

13. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "And just what are you starin' at?"

Zygarde's formes have an excuse to exist in the games. Its lore hinted heavily on its formes and really, it was basically the strange Kyurem of Gen VI.

Ash-Greninja just showed up out of the blue with a very much incomplete story a NINJA VILLAGE didn't bother to research further and now it's getting the boot.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  14. Markerz

Markerz Well-Known Member

Better yet, this was the only big thing Ash got out of Kalos, and they're potentially ripping it away. I can't think of any other big thing Ash got out of Kalos besides memories (which he'll inevitably forget about).

I suppose he caught a full team of Pokemon, but that doesn't stand out when he catches a team in every region.

15. Axl-fox

Axl-fox Generic Cave Bat

Nice to see all those development episodes trying to master ash-greninja getting thrown out of the window.

I get that the directors only care about money but to mistreat the most popular pokemon in japan like this is not exactly a smart marketing move, like, at all.

16. Daigo-san is the Hoenn god who had one ep in his time to shine, so they gave him godly entrance on his doge-tier MMeta and that's why half the whole forum started going on about him.

As for me, well...

All is said in my signature :)

17. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Runner-uo at the league.. He's got nothing from Hoenn either. The Battle Frontier was in Kanto.

18. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

He got 2nd place at a League, that is one hell of an achievement.

Smh this fanbase always trying to make things sound worse than they are.

19. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Breaking news: anything but the first place is complete failure.

20. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

I think every person i've ever met who likes Red more than Ash has said this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.