• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

colomb

If Ash-Greninja is in sun/moon I think it will be as an event pokemon, I can't see it being anything other than that, not sure how this is relevant to the anime anyways.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
The salt from the previous saga will erase/be in the XY Flaws thread that won't affect SM. Why are some people surprised? If anything, it's a click bait title just like that Clemont episode is going to be overshadowed by the Hidden Protagonist himself, Alan. Besides, how can Xerosic succeed in capturing the bond phenomenon but Lysandre couldn't? I think Ash and Greninja will defeat him (you know,since their strong bond won't let them give up) and Greninja will get Oak'd in the end. Or Xerosic uses a magical machine he built from his pocket and took away Ash Greninja but they defeat him anyway and he gets Oak'd in the end as usual.

Mimey = Aipom as returning character

GalaxianEX

You know who's happy about this title? Ash's Pikachu and Charizard because they regain their top-dog status among Ash's Pokemon.

I think the games will have Syncro Evolution. We probably will learn the answer when this episode airs. Who knows, maybe Greninja will keep its bond transformation with Ash but he'll still be Oak'd. Pikachu is still his main Pokémon and best bro.

I think it could go like this:
In-game the evil team leader (before being found out) gives you a free Kalos starter, and you're forced to keep it then during team skull leader battle, the leaders says "show me your kalos starter, I want to see how it grew!", forcing you to use it first. You cannot switch out for the moment. You choose a move and then the music quietens and the text says "wait...your [kalos starter]...?! Something's happening!" Then you get a badass animation and then you see your synchro evolution and the text says "your [kalos starter] synchro evolved into [player]-[kalos starter!]". Team skull leader makes a confused face, you look determined, battle continues with new music. You can then choose to activate it from that battle onwards.

Idk, it just seems cool to me.

Ominous Wind

In the scenario that Ash loses the A-G powers, just how does he do it? Does he know how to severe the bond that allows A-G to exist? I really hate this because it opens the door to so many questions that will just get a "lol just because" answer from the staff.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Greninja's Bond Phenomenon form (because this isn't the first time this has happened) is pretty bad story telling if they're just going to drop it like this. It'll just show it was a plot device in order to have Ash be able to stand toe to toe with Mega Evolutions. If this is their intent, they could have done a much better job with Greninja by having it be powerful, but no mega. Instead, Ash should have recalled his Charizard for the league instead of Goodra (who IMO was rushed) and gone on a quest to find a Key Stone and Charizardite Y (since Alain has X) after learning that Charizard can Mega Evolve. This gives him the chance to go head to head against the other Mega Evolutions he comes across and also avoids just gifting Ash with this power. Since the anime has always been an advertisement, this is a much better way to showcase what you can get in the Gen 6 games, especially since Charizard has two Mega forms (X for Alain, Y for Ash), while Greninja is only available in it's base form.

They could have written a much better league arc without having to use Greninja's Bond Phenomenon, but that's another discussion entirely. Just my thoughts, but I am disappointed at where this is headed.

Ominous Wind

It would be hilarious if Ash does loses the A-G powers and arrives to Pallet Town only to be ambushed by Prof. Oak, Gary and other scientists asking to study the Bond Phenomenon.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Greninja's Bond Phenomenon form (because this isn't the first time this has happened) is pretty bad story telling if they're just going to drop it like this. It'll just show it was a plot device in order to have Ash be able to stand toe to toe with Mega Evolutions. If this is their intent, they could have done a much better job with Greninja by having it be powerful, but no mega. Instead, Ash should have recalled his Charizard for the league instead of Goodra (who IMO was rushed) and gone on a quest to find a Key Stone and Charizardite Y (since Alain has X) after learning that Charizard can Mega Evolve. This gives him the chance to go head to head against the other Mega Evolutions he comes across and also avoids just gifting Ash with this power. Since the anime has always been an advertisement, this is a much better way to showcase what you can get in the Gen 6 games, especially since Charizard has two Mega forms (X for Alain, Y for Ash), while Greninja is only available in it's base form.

They could have written a much better league arc without having to use Greninja's Bond Phenomenon, but that's another discussion entirely. Just my thoughts, but I am disappointed at where this is headed.

Dude that is asking too much from the Anime writers

DatsRight

Anyone hoping for Team Rocket to take part? While they were at least legitimate Flare rivals this series, they barely interacted with the team outside two or three episodes, it was so understated compared to their Plasma rivalry. Give us one more tiebreaker finale and I'll call it decent.

Not to mention if the companions truly had their swan song in the last two episodes, surely even Ash Greninja can't handle all of Flare's admins, with Lysandre or not.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Dude that is asking too much from the Anime writers

True that. Then again, I haven't been impressed with the writing of XY. It feels disheartening to just see this arc...I don't know. Fall flat? Never be explored further? Meh. It feels like it's was hyped for nothing substantial.

Xuxuba

Greninja's Bond Phenomenon form (because this isn't the first time this has happened) is pretty bad story telling if they're just going to drop it like this. It'll just show it was a plot device in order to have Ash be able to stand toe to toe with Mega Evolutions. If this is their intent, they could have done a much better job with Greninja by having it be powerful, but no mega.

No, thank you. :)

redBadger22

Yeah let's give him charizard when he has a talonflame...good thinking.

Perfect Zygarde

I wonder if being unable to use the bond phenomenon is part of why he goes to school in the Alola region.

How to destroy a series in 10 episodes
1. Destroy a boy's dream becoming Pokémon Master
2. Destroy a ship and a girl's dream
3. Destroy the most powerful Pokémon a boy ever had

Good news: none of those things happened.

I just realized something...what if Ash Greninja becomes stronger? Maybe another form?

" What are the powers Ash Greninja hides!?
For the sake of Kalosian peace, Ash Greninja's powers...? "

This might be proof...

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Seeing Xerosic back for revenge is nice enough, but getting rid of Ash-Greninja will be a sweet bonus! :D

The only thing that would make it perfect is if Xero's Malamar is revealed to be the one from early in the series (though I think that ship has sailed).

Nightslushie

Well since the bio of ash greninja saids it occurs once every 1000 years maybe this is the episode where he temporary loses his power until another 1000 years

It doesn't happen "every 1000 years"... It was said that it happened 1000 years ago. Don't spread misinformation :p

Nightslushie

Are we really assuming Greninja losing a transformation made of the power of the strong bond between Ash and Greninja?

Sounds more like a troll title to gain more attentation. It's way too straight up mentioned like many other titles in the past. Can't see Xerosic building a machine who blocks the connection between Ash and Greninja soo easily, if even possible.

I bet Ash-Greninja is referring to both Greninja and his transformation to Ash-Greninja -> leaving it to Sanpei to protect the ninja village. The first time Ash-Greninja got mentioned officially was in the ninja village so...

It was hinted in XY in the gym battle against Olympia.

Status
Not open for further replies.