• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychotic

NotLikeThis
Greninja, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie all leaving within a couple episodes coupled with Ash's SM design.. Oh man, imagine the fan backlash the writers will endure. I think I'm going to OD on schadenfreude.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/4l9mpp0.jpg[/IMG139]

Oh, this is what I was afraid of. Time to get the tissue boxes ready and on standby, I suppose. I always hate to see Ash release a Pokémon, but for him to release a Pokémon with whom he has bonded so strongly (and a bond that physically manifested itself in a special form, at that)... This is probably going to kill me inside.

A large part of me is hoping that the writers are trolling us and Ash doesn't actually release Greninja, but that's probably just me grasping at nonexistent threads of hope.

noakai

There could be a number of reasons relating to its form for that. This isn't something like that ninja village with the Froakie that it would make sense for it to stay behind in either. We're literally in the middle of a generic forest.

And we have no idea what happens in the episode, so they could give it a reason to stay in that forest in the actual episode. Regardless, they would not have a handshake turn into an emotional hug in the fading sunlight unless they were saying goodbye to each other.

I bet Greninja has figured out a way to stay in its Ash-Greninja form all the time though. And well, if it can stay in the form without the trainer, it can go off and do lots of training on its own at the peak of its power and get even stronger. Maybe one day it will get revenge on MCX.

Red and Blue

If they can deliver on a heartfelt goodbye moment this may be the best release episode of the series

knightwolf09

Let's all face it. They're letting him go. The writer convinced me they will do this. They're really pushing how much we will let go.

Ominous Wind

You know, it's actually kind of fitting if this is a release episode. A-G is a legend from the Kalos Region. No reason why it shouldn't stay in Kalos.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I will never forgive under any circumstances if Greninja leaves Ash. Like I've said before, no amount of status quo is worth Greninja leaving Ash. Being Oaked is one thing, but not this and never this.

noakai

The Flare guy is likely going to be arrested or defeated by the end of the episode. Greninja has no reason to stay in a random forest, all the villains are gone.

That...makes no sense at all since Alan is a trainer who goes to all different regions and Greninja isn't going to know where to go and fight it again

I'm not talking about on the show man, I'm talking about how if it goes off to train, I can pretend it gets strong enough to take MCX out and does it somewhere offscreen cause god knows we're never seeing Alan after he goes and there won't be any chance for revenge. And we'll see when the episode actually airs, but I'd wager real money Greninja's gone.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It's too late to see Emma in the anime since there's only a few episodes left and there's isn't much that they can do with her without making it feel rushed.

She wouldn't have to get a big role here, I just think she should've appeared by now even just as a cameo since she was such a major character in Lumiose city in the games. But I guess we're likely stuck with just Xerosic and Ash-Greninja with no new characters involved given the information so far. :[

MegaSalamence05

I don't even think they are trolling with the title anymore. They wanted to test our resolve as a fandom with the result of the league as well as the most popular Poke-Girl in Serena departing. Although it's pure speculation, I'm just confused. This isn't a league scenario they literally state "Farewell, Ash Greninja" Here's hoping Ash can call upon it but as others have said it's in the middle of the forest maybe it's anime physics with them both Overlooking Ninja Village. It's just a solid Question Mark. But if it's the end Thank You Greninja, thanks for the memories

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Enjoyable writing + status quo is God --> Frustration + Ranting

I think it's an accurate equation because Ash-Greninja Arc was the best of the anime despite its flaws. It's sad to see the status quo mix with the writing and break everything.

Little Hero

This reminds me of Pidgeot all over again...but its extra sad when you realize they actually bothered to make Greninja special and now this. If he is getting released...sigh...what a disappointment.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I don't even think they are trolling with the title anymore. They wanted to test our resolve as a fandom with the result of the league as well as the most popular Poke-Girl in Serena departing. Although it's pure speculation, I'm just confused. This isn't a league scenario they literally state "Farewell, Ash Greninja" Here's hoping Ash can call upon it but as others have said it's in the middle of the forest maybe it's anime physics with them both Overlooking Ninja Village. It's just a solid Question Mark. But if it's the end Thank You Greninja, thanks for the memories

There's not much that's confusing regarding his probable release from my perspective. Greninja's too powerful as it is, so him leaving would solve that issue. His other option would just be to decay in Oak's lab, which sounds worse to me. ^^;

Epicocity

Hoping for clickbait shuriken repeat...

That said, while we all think one thing from these 3 seconds we know nothing else surrounding this episode or the episodes that follow. Surely they must have realized what a foolish move it would be to get rid of Greninja when they, you know, gave it a special form. I mean...its popularity should be enough to keep it around...but whatever.

noakai

Hoping for clickbait shuriken repeat...

That said, while we all think one thing from these 3 seconds we know nothing else surrounding this episode or the episodes that follow. Surely they must have realized what a foolish move it would be to get rid of Greninja when they, you know, gave it a special form. I mean...its popularity should be enough to keep it around...but whatever.

People said the same thing about Ash beating Alan, and Ash winning the league, and Ash getting to be the one who took down Lysandre, the list goes on. One day people will realize that XY's writing really hasn't been that great as a whole and everything happening now at the end is where it was always going to end up because the writers doing XY are the same ones that did AG, and DP, and BW. It will be the same when Serena leaves. Status Quo is God, especially on this show, it matters more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.