• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I can already picture you ranting in the episode discussion thread after the episode airs.

The stronger the denial, the stronger the outburst.

I can't imagine myself ranting about a Pokemon that I don't particularly care for.

Now if it was Hawlucha, I'd rage..

Regardless, it's happenening. Ash-Greninja issl going.

Ash-Greninja, maybe, since this much is implied by the title and summaries.. but losing its form doesn't mean that Greninja is getting the boot.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Whether he's being released or not, we won't see Greninja for a while now. His other Pokémon aside from Pikachu are getting Oak'd as it's normal protocol. Either it's Greninja getting Ninja Village'd/Oak'd or bust! Still sticking by my original prediction which to me would be a lot better than getting Oak'd. Only a month to go to see if my prediction came true. A bit weird on how we get a small clip of it when it won't air until a month from now.

Haunter ゴースト

I can't imagine myself ranting about a Pokemon that I don't particularly care for.

Now if it was Hawlucha, I'd rage..

Ash-Greninja, maybe, since this much is implied by the title and summaries.. but losing its form doesn't mean that Greninja is getting the boot.

If only it's form leaves that hug scene suggests Ash-Greninja is an entirely different entity to Greninja which is not the case because the form is a bond evolution.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
If only it's form leaves that hug scene suggests Ash-Greninja is an entirely different entity to Greninja which is not the case because the form is a bond evolution.

it'd be neat if their bond phenomenon energy took a physical form and revealed that it was all a mega stone and mega key that they had hidden deep in themselves and it's revealed it's actually just a new mega evolution... Ash is always special anyways so this would work lol.. Then it'd be mega-greninja instead of Ash-Greninja and we're just saying bye to the name,.

obviously not the most exciting, but could slide.

Red and Blue

Ooh here we go, the percentages are coming out now. I love posts that involve baseless percentages, they always give me a chuckle..

People are just making wild assumptions based on a hug. For all we know, it could be a heartwarming hug after Ash thought something bad was going to happen and the sad expression on his face is overwhelming relief that his friend is okay.

I just honestly can't see the thing leaving. The title and summary literally only talk about the form disappearing, not Greninja as a whole..

Did you forget that the hug originally started as a handshake? Why would Ash shake Greninja's hand if he was relived he was alright, Lol

satopi

it'd be neat if their bond phenomenon energy took a physical form and revealed that it was all a mega stone and mega key that they had hidden deep in themselves and it's revealed it's actually just a new mega evolution... Ash is always special anyways so this would work lol.. Then it'd be mega-greninja instead of Ash-Greninja and we're just saying bye to the name,.

obviously not the most exciting, but could slide.
I think Greninja will get stuck in its Ash Greninja form and won't be able to go back to his original form because of Xerosic's attempt of capturing the bond phenomenon... Greninja has always been special anyway.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
I have no clue on the TF thing and what's gonna happen, but one thing's for sure if Greninja's truly leaving...

*sobs in a corner* This is gonna be Bye-Bye Butterfree except 100 times sadder.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I think Greninja will get stuck in its Ash Greninja form and won't be able to go back to his original form because of Xerosic's attempt of capturing the bond phenomenon... Greninja has always been special anyway.

Ooo yeah that could work, but it'd be stupid. I wonder if Ash-Greninja stuck in that form would always be able to feel Ash though. Now that would get tiring to be connected to someone forever. Since both Ash and Greninja are both special anyways it could happen.

I have no clue on the TF thing and what's gonna happen, but one thing's for sure if Greninja's truly leaving...

*sobs in a corner* This is gonna be Bye-Bye Butterfree except 100 times sadder.

LOL not a chance

satopi

Ooo yeah that could work, but it'd be stupid. I wonder if Ash-Greninja stuck in that form would always be able to feel Ash though. Now that would get tiring to be connected to someone forever. Since both Ash and Greninja are both special anyways it could happen.

Ash and Greninja already have a part of themselves in them whenever they perform Ash-Greninja. And besides, Pikachu's always connected with Ash and it isn't tiring for both of them. I can see Ash being physically unable to summon Ash Greninja again so he wouldn't be physically affected when Greninja's in battle. But their bond will always be strong. I'm sure their hearts are connected.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Ash and Greninja already have a part of themselves in them whenever they perform Ash-Greninja. And besides, Pikachu's always connected with Ash and it isn't tiring for both of them. I can see Ash being physically unable to summon Ash Greninja again so he wouldn't be physically affected when Greninja's in battle. But their bond will always be strong. I'm sure their hearts are connected.

They literally feel each others pain to an extent when its Ash-Greninja. It'd be funny if just randomly in SM Ash would just cringe in pain because little does he know Ash-Greninja is battling in the kalos region

Viex

I feel like the writers are playing some sort of writing Jenga where little by little they're taking away important pieces of the series making it ultimately collapse on itself (taking away the reasons why we enjoyed xyz). Although still no confirmation on Greninja leaving but that would be the final nail in the coffin.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I feel like the writers are playing some sort of writing Jenga where little by little they're taking away important pieces of the series making it ultimately collapse on itself (taking away the reasons why we enjoyed xyz). Although still no confirmation on Greninja leaving but that would be the final nail in the coffin.

This is exactly how I feel as well..

Prettyboyy

Amourshipper
Here's a question for you all.

Would you rather......

A. Greninja loses his AG form and getting oaked

B. Keeps his power but gets released and is a lone wanderer protecting kalos.

C. The title is a troll and he keeps his form and stays with ash.

Xuxuba

Can you imagine how people would have reacted if Ash released Infernape at the end of DP?
It didn't matter all that much that he got Oak'd, because we never got to see him battling again.

It feels like a shame to have a powerful pokemon such as Greninja doing nothing other than being Oak's pet.
The better option would be for him to keep his powers, stay there protecting kalos and visit Ash whenever there isn't any threats in Kalos and Ash needs a powerhouse.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Nonsense. Think of the Malamar Gang! A-and all those Team Flare grunts we have yet to see imprisoned! O-or the fact the Zygarde Cores are in deep sleep Jirachi-style and actually were pretty lousy at their job!

We already have the police, champion, elite four, Alan etc for that.
Greninja didn't even defeat Alan's Charizard. What's so special about him that he actually needs to protect a region? Sounds like a joke

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Here's a question for you all.

Would you rather......

A. Greninja loses his AG form and getting oaked

B. Keeps his power but gets released and is a lone wanderer protecting kalos.

C. The title is a troll and he keeps his form and stays with ash.

C as it'd be awesome if Ash had a mega level pokemon to call on whenever he needs it. Hope to Arceus he battles more megas than just in xyz..

kickachu

Momentai!
Guys don't you see Greninja can't protect kalos at least not alone this might be a gravity falls finale situation where most of us thought one of the stans would die but none did so the only sacrifice is the power to become ash greninja that explains the hug before losing it's power and using it one last time

Status
Not open for further replies.