• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I don't know what else this scene can be other than "Goodbye frog, you stay here at Kalos regardless of if I released you or not while I go back to Kanto." Or the writers decide to pull out the troll hammer again, and this is probably the last place you want to pull that out.

Quoted for the truth.

This ep is specifically about Greninja fighting the Flare villain

Exactly, he needs to stay behind to ensure Flare does not resurge~~~

DeepSeaDragon

Meh.

This episode will either be a "Crowning the Scalchop King!" Or "Charizard's Burning Ambitions!"

My gut says the latter. The unfortunate probability is, we won't see Greninja do anything significant for a long time whether it goes with Oak or it can somehow be called upon. I will say I believe the chances of it outright being released and never seen again are pretty low.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Here's a question for you all.

Would you rather......

A. Greninja loses his AG form and getting oaked

B. Keeps his power but gets released and is a lone wanderer protecting kalos.

C. The title is a troll and he keeps his form and stays with ash.

C. I don't want him to leave.If he leaves, at least let Goodra stay.I wouldn't believe that Ash will return home with only 3 new Pokemon.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
That's another reason I can't see Greninja leaving. Returning to the lab with only 3 pokemon....3 of them being birds/flyers? Literally looks odd to say the least.

ash realized he can't become a pokemon master and decided to become a bird keeper instead.

DeepSeaDragon

I don't put anything passed these writers anymore. They just might leave it in a random forest for some dumb "protect kalos" justification.

They've consistently shown they don't care about sustaining a story for the sake of longevity/continuity. This would be just another unnecessary middle finger from them we can add to the list.

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
It just goes to show that they should've had Ash win the league and get replaced by a new protagonist, that way they could've started with a clean slate and that would've been justification enough to write characters like Serena and Greninja out, permanently even, but instead we're getting Ash and Pikachu back with a Studio Ghibli rip off look with no Serena or Greninja, both of which are extremely popular so of course taking those two out is gonna destroy their viewership.

I'm not gonna say that it'll kill the anime entirely because I don't know the numbers, mindset, or timing of viewership of the younger audience that this show is targeted for in the first place, which someone will probably tell me in response to this post, but I believe that a show should appeal to both sides. Why limit yourself to one demographic when you can try to attract as many viewers as possible from all age groups? It's more profitable too.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It just goes to show that they should've had Ash win the league and get replaced by a new protagonist, that way they could've started with a clean slate and that would've been justification enough to write characters like Serena and Greninja out, permanently even, but instead we're getting Ash and Pikachu back with a Studio Ghibli rip off look with no Serena or Greninja, both of which are extremely popular so of course taking those two out is gonna destroy their viewership.

I'm not gonna say that it'll kill the anime entirely because I don't know the numbers, mindset, or timing of viewership of the younger audience that this show is targeted for in the first place, which someone will probably tell me in response to this post, but I believe that a show should appeal to both sides. Why limit yourself to one demographic when you can try to attract as many viewers as possible from all age groups? It's more profitable too.

I fully agree with every word. XY is the series which brought me back to Pokemon and now it seems that the writers are getting rid of all the things that made it so great. They are going to do it part by part and I dont understand why. I think that after 20 years, something very special should have been done. Either a new character replacing Ash, or a cameo of all of the old characters etc. None of this is gonna happen and instead we're getting a school plot and a change of art style which just kills the continuity for me . So after this LONG LONG (un needed) 3 weeks break we just need to say goodbye to all stuff that made XY so great, episode by episode. Great

MegaSalamence05

Since I feel that I may have started this whole Release tangent in the first place. I'm going to retract my release statement. If Greninja gets released I'll be shocked.

1.) For the sake of Kalosian peace, Ash Greninja's powers?? Fade not because they want to use it. Zygarde cells I feel are somewhat connected to this Bond Phenomenon and since even after the whole climax happened Zygarde is no longer in the picture. Sure it wasn't the way we all envisioned it to be but Ash Greninja was solely responsible for locating Chespie in the First place akin to Zygarde's ability of locating places (Cave in XYZ28) or beings (Bonnie in XYZ10) now that Zygarde's mission is concluded now Ash Greninja's mission is done and Ash realized what happened because of their shared intuition. Although both opportunities can be present here. But I feel now after considering everything is that the Ash Greninja form is no more and Zygarde takes the form back as it was acting as a foot soldier for Zygarde. This way with Xerosic using the cells the form fades and to never be seen again. Going along with the Myth out of Ninja Village and the Bond Phenomenon in its self.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

Despite myself wanting the anime to be more appealing to older audiences, the reality of the situation is that humans are lazy and they will take shortcuts if in the end they make money. Most veteran viewers would be pleased if the show became more plot-driven, but why treat them if they don't equate to any profit? Almost all veteran fans watch the new episodes online and not even think about buying fancy, over-priced toys with trademarks. It's not worth the effort to attempt to treat the old fans and take away from the advertising part. The anime department is already working under an extremely tight deadline, so it's best to make the move that gives them the highest probability to make the most profit, which happens to be milk money with merch for children's. It's also about catching the trend, and whether the anime department was correct or not, they determined that kids tend to like a what SM is going to be like. Of course there is absolutely no way to tell if this was the correct move until it actually happens, Pokemon is a company, so they know what they are doing will give them the highest chance of profit. And if this anime's reputation goes bad from the eyes of veteran fans, then who cares, the Pokemon company could care less. The department will only remotely consider the veteran fans once the promotion part gets settled, and it's quite evident that they are struggling on the promotional part still, so priority matters.

knightwolf09

Not sure what I'm looking for here, it says I don't have permission to view the page then gives me a bunch of code stuff.

That code says it has details for this episode, and in the major details, it says Greninja not only loses the Bond Phenomenon but also gets released by Ash to protect Kalos.

kickachu

Momentai!
That code says it has details for this episode, and in the major details, it says Greninja not only loses the Bond Phenomenon but also gets released by Ash to protect Kalos.

only because of the video from a few days ago but they don't actually know what will happen just based on what they saw

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Everyone's right. Greninja won't be released or left in a generic anime forest nor would he lose his bond transformation and be Oak'd.

Alan will take good care of Greninja. He'll use it to protect Manon from falling and help Hari san get stronger.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
What if Ash lets Greninja leave to do his own thing here. Then in the last episode of XY Ash and Clemont have another battle. TR interrupts and Greninja shows up again and saves Pikachu.

That is where Greninja realizes he wants to still be with Ash and the rest of his Pokémon friends.

That would be kind of pointless however from my perspective. If Greninja leaves, it shouldn't just come back a few episodes later. That would remind me of Goodra's 'release', but even that was handled better since Goodra stayed away for like a year. If Greninja leaves Ash's team here, I hope it's permanent.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ash releasing pokemon should never be permanent.

If it won't be permanent then what's the point of releasing it?? That would be defeating the purpose and ruin why the release was emotional. Lord Goodra only came back for the League/fan service/a last minute slot fill in.

Nightslushie

If this does become true, then good luck getting good ratings for S/M. I mean, I'll still watch the new season, but I lose all hope of it being good. I will give it a chance nonetheless.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Ash releasing pokemon should never be permanent.
Kinda defeats the whole point of releasing the Pokemon if its not permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.