• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
What do you mean, eh! Greninja is Ash's only fully evolved Water type starter, as Ash-Greninja, it is Ash's only mega equivalent and still Ash will not be allowed to keep ownership of it! Why should the writers be so cruel to Ash that they hardly let Ash keep ownership of powerful Pokemon. Why Ash is so cruelly treated by the writers? What is the justification?

Because he is just a marketing tool to promote the most recent game. IKUZEfrog has no business staying in SM, and releasing him on a good note is better than leaving him at Oak's to rot forever IMO. If you hate it, well too bad so sad. Life moves on.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
One thing I need to understand: WHY the eff people want Greninja to be stuck in his Ash-Greninja form? for what purpose would that happen? How would it happen? That's SO unnecessary... Do people just think it'd be "soooo cooool" or something? Other than that I can't think of why.

Greninja leaves or greninja does not leave, that is the question really. And tbh i don't really care when they're going into the new gen and he won't need any mega evolved pokemon. I was arguing that it'd be silly for Ash to never fight against a mega evolved pokemon again once he leaves Kalos, but he shouldn't anyways for at least like 30 or so episodes into SM if he even does. And I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow never encounters mega evolution again anyways now... Obviously I'd want him too, but I bet they'll barely mention it in SM at this rate :p

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
What do you mean, eh! Greninja is Ash's only fully evolved Water type starter, as Ash-Greninja, it is Ash's only mega equivalent and still Ash will not be allowed to keep ownership of it! Why should the writers be so cruel to Ash that they hardly let Ash keep ownership of powerful Pokemon. Why Ash is so cruelly treated by the writers? What is the justification?
Okay and? Either way, Greninja will always be Ash's even if he's released. The only "cruel" things that the writers did to Ash was him losing the League and possibly releasing Greninja to create his own path. Lets forget XY is his glorification season and refuse Greninja's choice on who and where he stays, that's not what we want and we don't care about Greninja's feelings. It doesn't matter Greninja, you're being Oak'd!! :eek:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Okay and? Either way, Greninja will always be Ash's even if he's released. The only "cruel" things that the writers did to Ash was him losing the League and possibly releasing Greninja to create his own path. Lets forget XY is his glorification season and refuse Greninja's choice on who and where he stays, that's not what we want and we don't care about Greninja's feelings. It doesn't matter Greninja, you're being Oak'd!! :eek:
If Greninja has a strong bond with Ash, then it should never ever be released. It should be Oak'd as then it will remain under Ash's ownership and can still meet Ash time to time. Greninja is a very marketable Pokemon, thus, should the ratings drop, they can still bring it back for fan service just like Charizard in BW.

satopi

If Greninja has a strong bond with Ash, then it should never ever be released. It should be Oak'd as then it will remain under Ash's ownership and can still meet Ash time to time. Greninja is a very marketable Pokemon, thus, should the ratings drop, they can still bring it back for fan service just like Charizard in BW.
Ash had strong bonds with all the Pokémon he released. Notably Lord Goodra.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash had strong bonds with all the Pokémon he released. Notably Lord Goodra.
Lord Goodra was never released. It was just a Pokemon which can be called upon anytime.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan

they're the writers of the show, they can literally bring back any pokemon released or not if they actually wanted to.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ah yes your right! That swamp arc and crying + hug at the end never happened! :p

If Goodra was released, how did it came back at the Kalos League? None of Ash's previously released Pokemon came back. Crying doesn't matter, as Ash also cried when he left Charizard at Liza's cabin.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
One thing I need to understand: WHY the eff people want Greninja to be stuck in his Ash-Greninja form? for what purpose would that happen? How would it happen? That's SO unnecessary... Do people just think it'd be "soooo cooool" or something? Other than that I can't think of why.

Greninja leaves or greninja does not leave, that is the question really. And tbh i don't really care when they're going into the new gen and he won't need any mega evolved pokemon. I was arguing that it'd be silly for Ash to never fight against a mega evolved pokemon again once he leaves Kalos, but he shouldn't anyways for at least like 30 or so episodes into SM if he even does. And I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow never encounters mega evolution again anyways now... Obviously I'd want him too, but I bet they'll barely mention it in SM at this rate :p

Don't forget, Mega Evolution is probably the easiest new asset to strip from the games. New evolutions you can't really remove anymore, as existing pokémon would still have their data going forward. But Mega Evolutions? Simply don't code in the Mega Stones/Orbs+Movetutor for Dragon Ascent and presto, Mega Evolution does not exist in GenVII going forward.

But this is about the animé, and considering the set-up we've been told about, I highly doubt we're going to be seeing Ash take on a Mega Evolution, if any, ever again. One needs to ask what the reason would be. And aside from "evil team leader has one", I'm not full of answers myself, and that would completely mimic Lysandre far too much. He won't battle gym leaders, and as far as we know, the Trial Captains aren't like they are in the games (with regards to their positions). And I doubt that fighting them for the trial will involve Sophocles whipping out a Mega Evolution, let alone battling at all.

satopi

If Goodra was released, how did it came back at the Kalos League? None of Ash's previously released Pokemon came back. Crying doesn't matter, as Ash also cried when he left Charizard at Liza's cabin.
Because Lord Goodra had a human to transfer him back to Ash. Same with Charizard. And Lord Goodra only came back for the League rather than coming back to stay on his team permanently.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Because Lord Goodra had a human to transfer him back to Ash. Same with Charizard. And Lord Goodra only came back for the League rather than coming back to stay on his team permanently.
How do you know already that Goodra will go back to the swamp? Can you look into the future? And even it is does go back, it still has a human to transfer back to Ash, just like Charizard was before being Oak'd. So it still doesn't count as being released.

PAndrews

Yeah and after returning it spent the entire time running around free like Pikachu right? It came back Pokeball and all, meaning it was never released since released means it no longer has a Pokeball to return to.

Squirtle got brough to Ash by Jenny, but it wasn't released either, it was put in Jenny's care. There is a big difference

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
man, greninja isn't even gonna be relevant anymore in a month. i don't see what the big deal is whether he gets released or not. if the continuity of xy is anything to go by, we'll probably never see him again anyways.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Releasing Greninja would be a better send off than letting him rot at Oak's imo.

I'd rather Greninja go with Ash to Alola if Bond Phenomenon is developed further in Gen 7 but if not, then I agree with releasing.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Actually, releasing Greninja with no hopes of ever knowing for sure when Ash will need it since it is not being left at a building with a transporter is practically killing the character for any potential worthwhile appearances.

not really. they can easily bring back any pokemon or companion back any time they wanted even if its through the most bs means possible. it's just that once new generations start, those old pokemon and companions won't be relevant anymore. that's been the case for most of bw and all of xy.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Hardly think here Ash will ever call his Primeape.

Hell, his Pidgeot and Butterfree are just as lost as Greninja will be.

butterfree's at least been flashbacked to a bunch of times in dp and bw. hell, they brought back charizard at the end of bw even though there was absolutely no point to. lapras, a released pokemon, met up with ash in an episode of johto. they don't need a logical reason to bring anyone back considering this anime follows absolutely no logic whatsoever.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Lapras is a tad justified since it covers more "ground" and has more chances to meet up with Ash, and Charizard has wings and can easily track Ash down whenever he wants, or unless he takes the easy route and just uses his own lines of communication.

Butterfree was mentioned, by the way, not brought back, during filler hell that made no real difference in the end.

uh exactly. whether they come back or not makes no real difference in the end, so idk why it matters whether greninja comes back or not. if he comes back, he'll stick around for a bit and then just go back where he came from or to the lab and never be seen again. he'll never be the main star in any battle with ash after gen 6 since apparently continuity is just not a thing anymore. i don't hate greninja at all, i actually really like it. i'm just not expecting any cameos to happen in series anymore because that's how the show has been since the beginning of xy.

Status
Not open for further replies.