• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
greninja: sorry ash but kalos needs me to defend it...
ash: but greninja! i need you to stay with me so i can leave you at the lab and never use you again!
greninja: nope. you don't understand the dangerous threat plants pose to this region. you saw the s*** that happened in lumiose.
ash: i understand.....

I must go, my people need me.

Kalos is a giant wasteland devoid of plant life withing the year.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Was it ever confirmed undeniably that this was Greninja's farewell episode?

What sticks out to me is that the title specifically mentions Ash-Greninja. Not just Greninja, so it seems more like a goodbye to the form than Greninja himself. Although that hugging scene at sunset might be a counter argument to it.

Joltik-Kid

Simply Fantastic ಠ_ಠ
The only confirmation is that something is happening to Greninja one way or the other... if he's released, he's not Ash's Pokemon anymore. If he's not released, then somehow Xerosic found some magic spell that makes Greninja lose his spiritual bond with Ash that allows him to transform.

Red and Blue

I still don't think they would get this emotional if it was just the form. Nor would they actually be hugging

Janovy

Banned
So I guess Xerosic's machine or magical plants somehow cause the transformation to stick? Because Ash is seen hugging Ash-Greninja in that picture.

kickachu

Momentai!
Also even if greninja is stuck in the form it can't protect kalos alone without ash

AuraChannelerChris

"Tis an honor to be recognized."
Hey, at least Ash can die at any moment Greninja gets too gung-ho offscreen.

This is soooo much worse than being in a coma.

satopi

Go’s Scizor needs to Hassam better episodes:/
Ash won't die. And even if he did, he'll be revived as soon as he noticed.

kickachu

Momentai!
What's the point of needing Ash when he's stuck in the Ash Greninja form?

Right since greninja needs ash there is no way it would release them and plus every series excluding the os series has one member of the cast releases a pokemon no way they release two pokemon in the same series

satopi

Right since greninja needs ash there is no way it would release them and plus every series excluding the os series has one member of the cast releases a pokemon no way they release two pokemon in the same series
Ahhh I see.

Red and Blue

You know they break traditions all the time right? In XY he didn't get the grass starter or beat a rival

kickachu

Momentai!
You know they break traditions all the time right? In XY he didn't get the grass starter or beat a rival

I know that and I also know there was no guest appearance from a previous series female but I don't think they wouldn't release two pokemon in the same series releasing one per series would be one I hope that won't break I mean how dumb can they be

Joltik-Kid

Simply Fantastic ಠ_ಠ
There's no beating around the bush that this episode is gonna suck character wise and likely logic wise. If Greninja's released, there goes arguably Ash's strongest Pokemon to date with no real indication of return and makes Ash look like a loser (even though yes, he always believes in his Pokemon's intentions). If Greninja loses it Ash forme, it becomes arguably one of Ash's most overrated Pokemon and logically makes no sense being a spiritual type bond...

Soniman

Break the Limit
There's no beating around the bush that this episode is gonna suck character wise and likely logic wise. If Greninja's released, there goes arguably Ash's strongest Pokemon to date with no real indication of return and makes Ash look like a loser (even though yes, he always believes in his Pokemon's intentions). If Greninja loses it Ash forme, it becomes arguably one of Ash's most overrated Pokemon and logically makes no sense being a spiritual type bond...

If Ash Greninja leaves and KEEPS the form then wow so much for that deep bond power that can only activate when both are in synch

noakai

Which would be worse, Greninja staying but losing the form or Greninja leaving with the form? I honestly can't decide. Staying means Ash doesn't technically lose it even if we never see it again but then all of that build up comes to nothing in the end.

satopi

He'll be Oak'd anyway despite their strong bond. I'd rather he stay in Kalos. He can go to the Ninja Village or be watched by Professor Platane if Ash ever needs him again. It'll be even more better if Greninja chooses to stay in Kalos by his own accord. You can't force a Pokémon to stay when he doesn't want to.

UnovaMaster

Yeah, I don't get why people get so worked up about "releases". They give the Pokemon a story purpose that stands out more. Plus if Charizard can eventually be Oak'd, so can Greninja even if it stays and protects Kalos.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash-Greninja getting released would be the last straw for me. They have already angered me enough by making Ash lose the league. I don't think I can continue watching the anime after this.

satopi

Ash-Greninja getting released would be the last straw for me. They have already angered me enough by making Ash lose the league. I don't think I can continue watching the anime after this.
Well see ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.