• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
do people really think Greninja's getting killed off?

It says on the first page Ash Greninja's "powers" so why would the pokemon itself be in jeopardy?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The only Pokemon deaths that happen in this anime are Hunter J's and her crew's and Lysandre's.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
After reading this thread, all I have to say is ... you people are surprised? Greninja was doomed to be Oaked in the first place. Or Put on a Bus.

(Un)Surprinsingly enough those same people also thought Serena will

Hunter J's and her crew's and Lysandre's.

Well there is also Lucario, Dr. Fuji and Mirage Mewtwo and Mew

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Yup knew it that power is temporary bye bye ash greninja

Epicocity

Well, if this was truly meant to be for that data broadcast, it makes sense now...

Hopefully we just get an explanation to how Clickbait Shuriken worked...and if it can actually do anything.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Okay this is ********. Why can't they just Oak him or let him stay in Kalos with Sycamore or the ninja village people, and still let him keep the potential to transform? Well I hope they atleast show that Greninja is still tier 1 material even without the Ash form. I guess with this Kalos is officially below Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh regional team strength wise.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Man I'm glad we spent seven episodes with Ash and Greninja trying to master the form only to have it be thrown away

Marvelous writing

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm not really sure what to expect here. I'm hoping that Ash-Greninja's powers don't leave and that he ends up going to the ninja village to train, so thats why its goodbye.
But i won't be surprised if they say that his power was only given to him to save kalos and that it was temporary.
Or maybe Xerosoic transforms his weapon into the opposite of what it was and beams Ash-Greninja after losing to Ash in the battle, causing him to lose his bond phenomenon. Since it made the trees like mega evolve, maybe it can make pokemon not able too.

So many possibilities

Genaller

Silver Soul
I really don't get this. It's not like Ash-Greninja is invincible (it lost to Alan's MC X). I mean perfecting Ash-Greninja felt like a genuine milestone for Ash's development and to throw the form away just isn't right. Is Ash just not allowed to have a Pokemon with the potential to fight competitively at the E4+ lvl?

Red and Blue

It wouldn't make much sense if IKUZEfrog lost his powers here and not during the Flare climax.

I think it's a red herring title. Most likely the frog will stay in Kalos in either the ninja village or under study by Sycamore.

Greninja needs Ash for the transformation though. So if it doesn't lose his powers, the only option is Oak

EeveelutionTrainer

Well, I'm surprised they're actually doing something Team Flare-related even after the Team Flare arc. Easily makes Team Flare the best villain arc in the anime.

I really hope Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie don't leave before this episode, but it seems to be what actually happens. There are a couple more episodes left, I'm not sure why they're leaving so soon.

I'm surprised Clemont is not here, you'd think it being Lumiose City and he being the one to trap Xerosic before he'd at least have some part in the battle.

Like everyone else, I hope Ash-Greninja doesn't lose its transformation. We've had false titles before, so hopefully it doesn't lose it.

Ash vs Xerosic is going to be a very interesting yet incredibly lonely fight without the rest of the group around...

Genaller

Silver Soul
Well, I'm surprised they're actually doing something Team Flare-related even after the Team Flare arc. Easily makes Team Flare the best villain arc in the anime.

I really hope Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie don't leave before this episode, but it seems to be what actually happens. There are a couple more episodes left, I'm not sure why they're leaving so soon.

I'm surprised Clemont is not here, you'd think it being Lumiose City and he being the one to trap Xerosic before he'd at least have some part in the battle.

Like everyone else, I hope Ash-Greninja doesn't lose its transformation. We've had false titles before, so hopefully it doesn't lose it.

Ash vs Xerosic is going to be a very interesting yet incredibly lonely fight without the rest of the group around...

You have a point with the title. Here's to hoping this episode's title turns into a Kalos League Victory! 2.0

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Team Galactic was well written, but it's a shame Dialga and Palkia didn't do anything, and no Giratina either.

Perfect Zygarde's climax was the best.

knightwolf09

Okay, now this is just getting ****ing stupid. WHAT WAS EVEN THE POINT OF THIS FORM?! This was literally Ash's equivalent to a mega and now they aren't even going to let him keep that! And we all no he'll never get an actual mega. How much more can the writers screw over Ash? First he loses the league to the most mary sue Charizard in existence, thing he's never going to have the chance rematch Alaain to finally beat him, then didn't save Kalos only more or less help, now he's going to lose the only mega he has, and now he's not even going to be given the honor to be given the island challenge next season. Next thing you know, they'll write him as too dumb to graduate from school so he gives up and moves to the next region. Do writers just hate Ash or what? I've never seen any other protagonists so crapped on before. You might as well switch protagonists at this point if you're going to keep dragging him down lower and lower each gen and make him look like a loser to your target audience. As much as I like the XY series as a whole, I hate how they treating they're hero.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
this is why I wanted Ash to get a real mega instead of this, because I had a feeling it wasn't going to be permanent given the "hero" status, not to mention it cheapened Greninja once it evolved, since it hardly ever battled without going into this form.

Guys like Charizard and Sceptile proved themselves as capable warriors, so seeing them go further through mega evolution would've been more interesting that forcing an uncontrollable mode change on a pokemon that just evolved and abused the extra power to a point where we'll never know how good it is without it.

LizardonX

Banned
Okay, now this is just getting ****ing stupid. WHAT WAS EVEN THE POINT OF THIS FORM?! This was literally Ash's equivalent to a mega and now they aren't even going to let him keep that! And we all no he'll never get an actual mega. How much more can the writers screw over Ash? First he loses the league to the most mary sue Charizard in existence, thing he's never going to have the chance rematch Alaain to finally beat him, then didn't save Kalos only more or less help, now he's going to lose the only mega he has, and now he's not even going to be given the honor to be given the island challenge next season. Next thing you know, they'll write him as too dumb to graduate from school so he gives up and moves to the next region. Do writers just hate Ash or what? I've never seen any other protagonists so crapped on before. You might as well switch protagonists at this point if you're going to keep dragging him down lower and lower each gen and make him look like a loser to your target audience. As much as I like the XY series as a whole, I hate how they treating they're hero.

The point should have been obvious.

To let him use a mega without having a mega bracelet.

Status
Not open for further replies.