• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
Lol imagine the outrage if Ash were to leave his Greninja to Alan. That'd be insane.

I rarely get triggered by this show, but that would truly irk.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
At least give it to Manon. She needs a powerhouse on her team and someone to beat Alan with when she surpasses him.

noakai

considering it looks like he's getting the Z bracelet I find it more perplexing as to why they couldn't just have him use one.

I don't get this either. I've seen a lot of people say that Greninja was so popular with the fanbase (it was voted the #1 Pokemon) that they didn't want to take any focus away from it and since Greninja doesn't have a mega form, they had to do something to make it powerful enough to put it on mega form level.

But to give it to Ash, spend the only significant arc Ash had this whole season on the pair of them learning to control it, then have Ash lose to Alan, only participate as part of a team to save the world and then lose it in the end anyway...I do wonder what the point of it is. Also I know Pokemon never stay but Greninja is so insanely popular that I was kind of hoping they'd break the pattern and it could go. Maybe if it loses the Ash-Greninja form, it can make a comeback like Charizard late in SM like Charizard did with other seasons.

dman_dustin

I'm only going to be okay with this if one of two things happen.

1. Despite losing the form, Greninja absorbs the power boosting his OWN power to near equal that of Ash-Greninja, as if Ash trained base form Greninja to be THAT strong, like if Ash had a Pokemon on Elite Four level without needing to get it to transform or mega evolve. So in terms of levels let's say base Greninja is level 50, and Ash-Greninja is like having a level 80 Pokemon. I would be fine with this if Greninja absorbs the power and boosts it to the equivalent level of 70-75. And before you say anime=/=games or that there are no levels, keep in mind I only used levels for comparison for my argument.

2. Sun and Moon anime is heavy on continuity. Ash mentions he almost won the Kalos league, mentions that his Greninja had this cool form, but lost it to save Kalos, etc, etc, etc. Because if this happens, then it would be understandable why Ash-Greninja no longer exists, because there was no point in bringing base form Greninja to the Alola region. If Sun and Moon anime is a soft reset and removes all continuity, then it would be like "what WAS THE POINT?!!!!!!!!!!!!" it isn't like Ash was going to talk about his past, did you really have to rob him of one of the coolest concepts that you WON'T duplicate because "NEW SERIES"

Otherwise the writers can screw off for ruining the series like they are.

Dwight

Banned
My predictions:

Don't worry guys, Greninja won't lose it's transformation, but he'll lose access to it. As Xerosic battles Ash he commands Malamar to use cut, Ash tells Greninja to dodge which he does, but Malamar's move hits a nearby tree instead. The tree falls on Ash's head and thus he gets dumbed down to the level of a 3 year old. Upon waking up a few seconds later, he takes a look at his surroundings noticing Greninja and asks: "WHAT IS THAT POKEMON?" as he pulls out his pokedex to scan it. Greninja facepalms himself, tells Malamar and Xerosic that they can do whatever the hell they want with the Kalos region cause he doesn't care anymore and ditches Ash in the woods. Pikachu stays with Ash because he wants to keep making the moneys. And that's why S&M.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
In other news, do you think Emma will appear?

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
My predictions:

Don't worry guys, Greninja won't lose it's transformation, but lose access to it. As Xerosic battles as Ash he commands Malamar to use cut, Ash tells Greninja to dodge which he does, but accidentally Malamar's move hits a nearby tree instead. The tree falls on Ash's head and thus he gets dumbed down to the level of a 3 year old. Upon waking up a few seconds later, he takes a look at his surroundings noticing Greninja and asks: "WHAT IS THAT POKEMON?" as he pulls out his pokedex to scan it. Greninja facepalms himself, tells Malamar and Xerosic that they can do whatever the hell they want with the Kalos region cause he doesn't care anymore and ditches Ash in the woods. Pikachu stays with Ash because he wants to keep making the moneys. And that's why S&M.
You should write for the anime. I like how you think

Markerz

But to give it to Ash, spend the only significant arc Ash had this whole season on the pair of them learning to control it, then have Ash lose to Alan, only participate as part of a team to save the world and then lose it in the end anyway...I do wonder what the point of it is.

Isn't the precedent of this show to hype things up to more than they will actually be? There's a good chance this decision making will carry over to Sun & Moon, too. :p

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Isn't the precedent of this show to hype things up to more than they will actually be? There's a good chance this decision making will carry over to Sun & Moon, too. :p

The problem about failing to live up to hype is that the viewers become much more cautious and refuse to get hyped again the next time they try it again. And if they fail to capture the new viewers... it has huge consequences.

What a dream that would be. Which is why I've always loved the Mega Evolution Acts. :)

Hi-five dude :D

Thing is, I actually made a theory on this the day XY132 came out, and I asked my friend if I could post it, seeing as I barely have any social media, if you want to check it out her profile is called nightmare.reyna on Instagram! The theory explored this: what if Alan, Manon and Daigo-san became the new peotagonists? Of course, it's now been disproven, but I liked what could've been, and I think you might like it too. This may sound like self-advertising, but it isn't. I just like looking at the opinions of the Internet and also making people think happy ideas.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I know many people are mad because of tiering system and because Greninja won't be his "the strongest Pokemon"
Guys don't panic, there's no "the strongest Ash's Pokemon". It's all depends on plot armor.Tiering basically doesn't exist in Pokemon.
I mean Pikachu beat Tier 2 Regice in BF making him Tier 1, and somehow magically he ties with Elekid. That means Elekid is Tier 1?
That means Electivire is God Tier and enraged Infernape beat God tier Pokemon?
Point is; Pokemon is known for inconsistency.Even without A-G , writers can make Greninja beat E4 Pokemon if they want to.They can also make A-G lose to E4 Pokemon.

God know we don't need an emo as the lead

My sister would probably pay to watch it if an emo was the lead. And anyway, Alan isn't really an emo. He's just a slight introvert who's friend's pokemon was in a coma for a while. He only wears black because MCharzX.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Hi-five dude :D

Thing is, I actually made a theory on this the day XY132 came out, and I asked my friend if I could post it, seeing as I barely have any social media, if you want to check it out her profile is called nightmare.reyna on Instagram! The theory explored this: what if Alan, Manon and Daigo-san became the new peotagonists? Of course, it's now been disproven, but I liked what could've been, and I think you might like it too. This may sound like self-advertising, but it isn't. I just like looking at the opinions of the Internet and also making people think happy ideas.

I looked at his page but I couldn't really find the post. ^^ While I know they (especially Alan) have gotten a ton of focus throughout the series, I know they'll be gone soon and I will enjoy their screentime while they're still here. I really enjoy what could've been but I am also looking forward to Sun&Moon. Alan and Manon are the protagonists in the Mega Evolution Acts and Alan pretty much took most of the focus of the main characters whenever he appeared. It did feel like he was becoming the main protagonist though I'm feeling like their stories will come to a close. I do firmly believe that Manon will surpass Alan one day and they'll continue traveling together, both of them being stronger. :) I just hope that Mega Evolution is still a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.