• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Bait title, or they will actually go full r, and leave the frog somewhere. Or it's just goodbye Satoshi-Gekkouga as in the transformation.

Fairplay

Well. This **** is funny. Not sure why they introduced the Ash-Greninja power in the first place, if they were going to remove it anyway at the end.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Bait title, or they will actually go full r, and leave the frog somewhere. Or it's just goodbye Satoshi-Gekkouga as in the transformation.

Its not really bair if youd read where it says greninja will sacrifice the form to save kalos.

And thus, Ash-Greninja's destiny of saving Kalos from... a dude... is sealed, one last battle before his treasured trainer leaves him at Oak's for 6 years.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Its not really bair if youd read where it says greninja will sacrifice the form to save kalos.

Yeah, I had only seen the title in the website so I though there was only the title, should have read the first post...(just woke up, shouldn't be trying to make a post right away)

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It was bad enough not giving Ash a REAL Mega, now they want to take his Synchro evolution away? That's not fair at all....

NeoDude-5000

At least they're doing a episode based of a post-game event conveniently in the very place our heroes journey is over. Hopefully when the episode ends we get a official announcement that Ash-Greninja will be the Sun & Moon games. Because obviously none of us want it to be anime-exclusive, that is when the series will suck. And believe me when that happens the writers are gonna get a lot of haters.

Holy157

Well then. I did not expect them to actually keep going. I mean, Xerosic appeared bandaged and we knew that he had his own plot in the games, but after the 1-hour special, they keep going? Alright.

I personally would have titled the episode "Good bye Ash-Greninja; You will never beat Zard-X!".

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I'm happy they are doing the Xerosic post-game story. But where are the other two major players, Looker and Emma hmm?

I'm sad Ash-Greninja needs to go, but hey, it was coming in a sense. And yes, I hope this transformation is in the games, too.

And there go the chances for a Mega Charizard X - Ash-Greninja rematch

nuzamaki90

The writers must have let all that initial XY&Z praise get to them. They are going full force. I can actually feel the bad reception to this episode already.

MegaSalamence05

Well since I think that's a ploy for the title. I think Ash Greninja stays. Since all three of Ash's companions aren't here its literally 1v1 Ash Greninja vs. Xerosic's Malamar. Clemont beat that thing at the same time as Xerosix's Crobat. I'd be surprised to see it lose the transformation. Like how can Xerosic eliminate the transformation their hearts and wave links become one. I'd be surprised that's all

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I kinda predicted that Ash-Greninja will be lost and Greninja will be just Greninja. He's not leaving Ash. Just Ash-Greninja will be lost as transformation.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
They're actually going through with it... Granted everyone saw it coming but do they really need to lose it?

This basically makes Charizard his strongest Pokémon again doesn't it? God dammnit...

Holy157

Well since I think that's a ploy for the title. I think Ash Greninja stays. Since all three of Ash's companions aren't here its literally 1v1 Ash Greninja vs. Xerosic's Malamar. Clemont beat that thing at the same time as Xerosix's Crobat. I'd be surprised to see it lose the transformation. Like how can Xerosic eliminate the transformation their hearts and wave links become one. I'd be surprised that's all

He's obviously gonna do something big, or at least try. Zygarde Cells are there for a reason. Maybe Greninja loses the transformation, for some reason, during the process of stopping Xerosic's plan.

Really, I would just be disappointed in Ash never beating Alain, and not getting an Ash-Greninja vs Zard-X battle that's long enough for the full regular/instrumental version of XYZ. Ash-Greninja vs Zard-X have always been a favorite of mine. Their last battle was nice, but come on. An Alain without a burden, who has seen Ash's strength first hand at the top of the tower and during the 1-hour special. It would be a better battle.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
How to destroy a series in 10 episodes
1. Destroy a boy's dream becoming Pokémon Master
2. Destroy a ship and a girl's dream
3. Destroy the most powerful Pokémon a boy ever had

LMAO, this will produce even more salt of M/S anime.
1. Ash losing a league
2.Serena leaves
3.Transformation is gone.

4. Change the art of Ash in new anime.
XYZ fans will be mad. I don't mind all of this.
R.I.P S/M anime.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
He's obviously gonna do something big, or at least try. Zygarde Cells are there for a reason. Maybe Greninja loses the transformation, for some reason, during the process of stopping Xerosic's plan.

Really, I would just be disappointed in Ash never beating Alain, and not getting an Ash-Greninja vs Zard-X battle that's long enough for the full regular/instrumental version of XYZ. Ash-Greninja vs Zard-X have always been a favorite of mine. Their last battle was nice, but come on. An Alain without a burden, who has seen Ash's strength first hand at the top of the tower and during the 1-hour special. It would be a better battle.

Indeed. Now I understand why the animators also backlashed against the League finals...

Because they never had the chance to make the final final battle between these two great rivals.

Don't know what the producers are thinking, but their pursuit of "foreseeable" profit has sentenced this anime into a decline it may never recover from. Luckily for me, I didn't push for the breaking of status quo without ensuring a constellation prize should they fail to live up the hype.

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Oh, no… please, don't tell me that Greninja is really going to lose its unique power. Gosh, he took so much to master it, and the only important KOs he got as Mastered Ash-Greninja are Mega Abomasnow and Mega Sceptile. Truly disappointing.

I hope this is a bait title, but it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled this stunt just to make Greninja leave Ash. Still a very cheap way is, though.

Technically it doesn't even matter if they take away the synchro evolution at this point. Ash was going to dump Greninja at Oak's place either way. Besides it's not like we will see Greninja for a (long)while now.

What's was Ash's last special Pokemon? When was it last seen?

Look on the bright side, Ash is alone for at least one episode.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Technically it doesn't even matter if they take the synchro evolution at this point. Ash was going to dump Greninja at Oak's place either way. Besides it's not like we will see Greninja for a (long)while now.

This is true.

Given the setting for Sun and Moon, past Pokémon (especially the stronger ones) seem really unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.