• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
You know, since they are taking inspiration from the post-game of XY, I wonder if Looker will be back to arrest Xerosic. It would be a nice continuity nod… which this series truly needs.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
This pretty much confirms Greninja isn't coming to Alola. In all reality we should have seen this coming. Ash usually dumps his Pokemon off at Oaks prison after he leaves a region anyways.

Xuxuba

Tbqh, i don't really care about what they are going to do to Ash-Greninja, mainly because he received enough spotlight and screentime for a lifetime.
But, to the people who are sad about this, think on the bright side: at least Ash isn't leaving Greninja forever, like many ppl expected he would.

Last edited:

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I don't think they'll use their transformation, this title is just too obvious. This argument is supported by 6 words: "Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!"

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I don't think they'll use their transformation, this title is just too obvious. This argument is supported by 6 words: "Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!"

Nah this one isnt a troll, its just that simple that they lose the ability to transform.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Technically it doesn't even matter if they take away the synchro evolution at this point. Ash was going to dump Greninja at Oak's place either way. Besides it's not like we will see Greninja for a (long)while now.

What's was Ash's last special Pokemon? When was it last seen?

Look on the bright side, Ash is alone for at least one episode.

Yes, but it was his sole counter to Mega evolutions. He could have always returned to deal with those.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
This is tough year for anime and in general( Youtube, RL problems. ( and many have stated that 2016 is the worst year so far; and I agree; personal problems)
August- anime is hated because Ash lost.
September: S/M art change is hated
October: hated because of Serena leaving so early and A-G disappearing.
November:??? I guess S/M will be hated.
I just hope that this year comes to the end ASAP. Tired of it. I hope 2017 is as good as 2015.

DatsRight

Well people complained AshGreninja didn't get a big enough moment in the Flare finale. So two episodes later they seem to get an isolated showdown all to themselves. I admit that's some planning ahead.

Yes, but it was his sole counter to Mega evolutions. He could have always returned to deal with those.

There will be more stronger Pokemon, there always are. Besides Pokemon like Sceptile, Charizard and others are strong enough to counter Megas and I am pretty sure regular Greninja is strong too.

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
The writers seem to be doing everything possible to screw us fans over at the end here. Pokemon, it's time to fire some writers and get a clue!

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
So is Ash alone here? If so, that quite interesting, have we ever had an episode where Ash doesn't have any of his supporting cast with him (I don't just mean his companions, I mean the main reoccuring characters like Oak, Delia, Tracey, etc). I'm quite interested in seeing Ash handle this alone, but at the same time it does seem odd that for a group who really felt like a team, at the end, depart, leaving Ash to save the world without his friends support.

How many more episodes are after this?

Ominous Wind

I actually want this to not be a bait title and Ash does sacrifice the Ash-Greninja power. I mean, unless A-G is confirmed for S/M then it's not neccesary since Ash will never recall Greninja. That power would go to waste, better get rid of it doing something good.

Navin

MALDREAD
It wouldn't make much sense if IKUZEfrog lost his powers here and not during the Flare climax.

I think it's a red herring title. Most likely the frog will stay in Kalos in either the ninja village or under study by Sycamore.

colomb

Makes sense seeing as this was sort of an equivalent of mega evolution which won't be something that will be getting focus in the next gen. I didn't really care for this gimmick in the first place and besides, there is no guarantee that Ash is going to ever use Greninja again after this gen.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Am not liking the title to this eppy at all.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Come to think maybe in this episode Greninja loses his powers but in next, Greninja's powers come back. Ash and Greninja restore it by beating Xerosic. I bet TR will help too.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Not sure if this is mentioned already or not, but maybe, Xerosic causes some sort of incident which in turn causes Ash's Greninja to be lost in time and end up in the Ninja Village area (we already had a time travel episode in XY Saga, so the possibility still exists), which in return gives birth to the legend of the unique Greninja from that Village.

Status
Not open for further replies.