• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser-Bisharp

Nope Greninja is going to be released so he can protect Kalos, just a poor attempt at ridding the anime of Greninja. I don't see him returning at all, the chance he has is if he stays with the professor or to a lesser extent the ninja village because if greninja is going to wander Kalos like I think he is its safe to say we'll never see greninja again.

I agree. The people claiming Greninja will be released are people jumping to conclusions or want the worse case scenario to happen.

I don't think it's a big stretch to believe Greninja might be released considering Ash is looking sad and is actually giving Greninja both a handshake and a hug while the sun is setting. While it's not 100% confirmed, it's still reasonable to speculate that it's leaving due to how the scene looks. Especially since I personally can't think of any reason why Ash would give a handshake before hugging unless it was a farewell.

Now usually I would think that being released is like the kiss of death but after Goodra came back, maybe it's not so impossible for Greninja to reunite with Ash if it does leave. Granted, Goodra has a person that can send it back to Ash if need be and there are things like pokeball transporters that can be available. However, with Greninja being in his Ash form, I'd guess that if it were to leave, it'd still retain that connection it has with Ash and maybe if Ash would ever need Greninja, Greninja could sense that and use the power of friendship to reunite with him somehow. Honestly, the writers can come up with anything really if they wanted to bring it back.

Not like it matters too much anyway. Honestly, even the pokemon at Oak's don't get many appearances and seeing Sun and Moon, Ash doesn't seem like he'll call on any older pokemon anytime soon. Ash's access to Greninja for any future battles would really only matter if Ash finally and officially faces a Champion. Which let's be honest, that's not happening for a really long time either.

While it is hard to think of Greninja potentially leaving, at the same time, I can see it happen given the circumstances. Months ago, this would be something I'd absolutely be disappointed by but I guess since it looks like Greninja is in Ash form, just knowing that it'll always have a part of Ash with him makes a potential release okay for me.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
People who are saying Greninja will comeback must think we'll see Butterfree and Pidgeot again... after all, those were releases too. Add Lapras and we'll have a big ole family gathering

Janovy

Banned
People who are saying Greninja will comeback must think we'll see Butterfree and Pidgeot again... after all, those were releases too. Add Lapras and we'll have a big ole family gathering
Yes, because the writing of XY and OS is completely identical.

We did see Lapras and Ash reunite though in Johto.

And while Butterfree and Ash haven't reunited, the writers still remember it judging from that one BW episode. It's only Pidgeot that hasn't been mentioned in-show since Johto at all.

So the writers can remember released pokemon and I'm sure they can remember Ash-Greninja. At least for me, it's not like I'm saying it has an amazing chance of returning in the next series or anytime soon after Ash exits Kalos. But I think regarding Ash-Greninja, I think it's a pokemon that the writers could make it possible for a reunion if it's an extremely special circumstance.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!

Here's my gripe with this whole Greninja thing. It's the most popular Pokémon in Japan used by THE main character, yet he's getting axed just so Ash can be reset to Pikachu for next gen without having to concern himself over his bond with Greninja.

Furthermore, who's happy about this? I personally think this is much worse for Greninja than getting Oak'd after observing everything more closely. Like, this is one of Ash's strongest Pokémon, and he's being let go for the sake of protecting a region that already has a bunch of protection.

I guess the writers might've thought if Greninja were to stay, Ash would wanna take him along with the rest of the Kalos team to Alola. Obviously, that isn't happening, but it would've been kinda nice... Repeating the original series formula by bringing old mons into Kalos to eventually be put away for later or stay for journey is a good way to go, and I think most people would agree that would seem like the logical choice.

Huh... Yet here we are again...

Joltik-Kid

This is the same group that thought it was a good idea to get the fanbase hyped that Ash might win the league... I put nothing past them.

Besides that Lapras did come back in Johto for an ep, lol.
But it wasn't returning to Ash, it was just showing up... big difference being speculated here.

So the writers can remember released pokemon and I'm sure they can remember Ash-Greninja. At least for me, it's not like I'm saying it has an amazing chance of returning in the next series or anytime soon after Ash exits Kalos. But I think regarding Ash-Greninja, I think it's a pokemon that the writers could make it possible for a reunion if it's an extremely special circumstance.
I'm not saying it won't be remember and I'm not straight up talking about showing up... I literally mean that if Ash releases it, it's not his Pokemon anymore and it won't return to battle for him. If he's released and shows up again, it's for his story, not Ash's... like Lapras.

Janovy

Banned
Here's my gripe with this whole Greninja thing. It's the most popular Pokémon in Japan used by THE main character, yet he's getting axed just so Ash can be reset to Pikachu for next gen without having to concern himself over his bond with Greninja.
Greninja getting Oak'd would have been axing as well. Same thing honestly, except with it being Oak'd we can pretend there are slim chances of Greninja returning (and let's be honest, that isn't happening - the show has become allergic to continuity and cameos).

Furthermore, who's happy about this? I personally think this is much worse for Greninja than getting Oak'd after observing everything more closely. Like, this is one of Ash's strongest Pokémon, and he's being let go for the sake of protecting a region that already has a bunch of protection.
And being stuck on a ranch with the rest of other forgotten Pokemon is better? For real?

I guess the writers might've thought if Greninja were to stay, Ash would wanna take him along with the rest of the Kalos team to Alola. Obviously, that isn't happening, but it would've been kinda nice... Repeating the original series formula by bringing old mons into Kalos to eventually be put away for later or stay for journey is a good way to go, and I think most people would agree that would seem like the logical choice.
Eh, don't you think Greninja's had enough focus in XY? The last thing we need is Greninja overshadowing Ash's Alola Pokemon.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Literally nothing is pointing toward Greninja wanted to stay in Kalos.

Literally nothing pointed to Pidgeotto evolving and leaving to defend its flock.

Literally nothing pointed toward Charizard leaving to go train at the Charicific Valley.

Literally nothing pointed toward Squirtle reuniting with the Squirtle Squad and going back to them.

Literally nothing pointed to the hilarity that was Ambipom's ping-pong episode.

I'm not saying it won't be remember and I'm not straight up talking about showing up... I literally mean that if Ash releases it, it's not his Pokemon anymore and it won't return to battle for him. If he's released and shows up again, it's for his story, not Ash's... like Lapras.

Okay, that makes sense. But like I said in the post before the one you quoted, it actually really doesn't matter (for me at least) unless Ash finally battles a Champ in a Champion League in like the last episode of the show. If he uses his powerhouses and aces like Charizard and Sceptile at the same time ever, then that's where I feel that if the writers ever make that effort, they should make something up for Greninja to come back and battle alongside Ash. And I think they could if the show ever got to that point, but who knows when or even if that'll ever happen.

Joltik-Kid

These were all mid-season. We're literally at the end of a series when Ash leaves behind pokemon at Oak's lab. There's no reason to expect it to happen with Ash's main XY pokemon of all things.
Sure there is, nothing has been black and white in Kalos, everything we're use to seeing happen was thrown out. Ash didn't get a Grass Pokemon, Ash got his starter before his Bird, Ash didn't beat his rival in the league, Ash lost 2 Gym battles instead of 1....

Okay, that makes sense. But like I said in the post before the one you quoted, it actually really doesn't matter (for me at least) unless Ash finally battles a Champ in a Champion League in like the last episode of the show. If he uses his powerhouses and aces like Charizard and Sceptile at the same time ever, then that's where I feel that if the writers ever make that effort, they should make something up for Greninja to come back and battle alongside Ash. And I think they could if the show ever got to that point, but who knows when or even if that'll ever happen.
I'll give you that one, but I'd have to wonder how that would work considering it won't officially be his without a Pokeball...

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Ash left Haunter and Primeape in the middle of Kanto, and Pidgeot at the end of Kanto.

kickachu

Momentai!
Nope Greninja is going to be released so he can protect Kalos, just a poor attempt at ridding the anime of Greninja. I don't see him returning at all, the chance he has is if he stays with the professor or to a lesser extent the ninja village because if greninja is going to wander Kalos like I think he is its safe to say we'll never see greninja again.

Even if he is released he can't protect kalos alone

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
And now we're arguing over the capability of a single Pokemon as a means to prevent this release.

I s2g if Greninja defeats Xerosic with a Water Shuriken with a deflection angle of 88 degrees, people would complain that he should stay with Ash because the Water Shuriken was two degrees shy of a perfect mark.

Little Hero

Even if he is released he can't protect kalos alone

True; but he has Blaziken Mask and his Mega Blaziken to back him up.

In all seriousness...this release (if it is a release and not the writers trolling again) doesn't feel like closure to me.

We have a Pokemon who abandoned (or was returned by) trainers that didn't fit his expectations...then we have his sad backstory where he was the outcast because he wanted to be strong and then we find out he has this special power that is one of a kind...and then, he's released and it just...feels unnecessary.

What will be the excuse if Greninja is released in this episode? Or if he actually losses his ability to go Ash Greninja (as the title implies)? Is he being left behind to train somewhere (you know, quite literally leaving Ash behind like the trainers before him)?

...on another note, I do wonder if Xerosic will actually get away...in contrast to the games were he is caught...

Haunter ゴースト

Everybody mocked what i said, yet here we are and Ash-Greninja is 90% confirmed to be leaving.

This is the Mewtwo returning for Movie 16 situation all over again.

-Plausible theory.
-Insane backlash and complaints, "it will never happen" etc.
-Turns out to be very true and happening.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all appreciate peoples theories from now on, huh?

Everybody mocked what i said, yet here we are and Ash-Greninja is 90% confirmed to be leaving.

-Plausible theory.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all appreciate peoples theories from now on, huh?

Yeah we are all happy you are right, We shouldn't have actually expected much. You are right, this is the Pokemon anime and NOTHING goes in our favor. Kalos League, AmourShipping, and Ash-Greninja. The Kalos League is already gone and AmourShipping and Ash-Greninja are on the brink of defeat.

Yes, let us all cheer for the people who expected this to happen.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

-Plausible theory.

It's like the outcome of the Kalos league taught us nothing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.