• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like the outcome of the Kalos league taught us nothing lol.

You guys can't blame people for having optimism, of course this is the Pokemon anime and they have taught the fans NEVER to believe in them. If the Pokemon anime was any good, then Ash's story would have ended in DP...

Never again...

kickachu

Momentai!
True; but he has Blaziken Mask and his Mega Blaziken to back him up.

In all seriousness...this release (if it is a release and not the writers trolling again) doesn't feel like closure to me.

We have a Pokemon who abandoned (or was returned by) trainers that didn't fit his expectations...then we have his sad backstory where he was the outcast because he wanted to be strong and then we find out he has this special power that is one of a kind...and then, he's released and it just...feels unnecessary.

What will be the excuse if Greninja is released in this episode? Or if he actually losses his ability to go Ash Greninja (as the title implies)? Is he being left behind to train somewhere (you know, quite literally leaving Ash behind like the trainers before him)?

...on another note, I do wonder if Xerosic will actually get away...in contrast to the games were he is caught...

but blaziken mask won't know about Greninja being released if it happens

sheld999

i think its something to do more on their bond. ash giving a good speech to nija before they fight ya know flashbacks etc to set the hype up

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
why would Ash release Greninja?

Are people that desperate for him to keep his form change, that if it can't keep the form change it has to go?

People like coming up with worst case scenarios, that's why.

I would love to say I agree with this, but frankly how you can blame them? The Pokemon anime has been going for like 19 years now and all it has done is crush the fan's dreams.

Pessimism is expected, and sadly in the end...The veterans of the Pokemon anime are always right. Hopefully not in this case and AmourShipping's.

Red and Blue

Are people that desperate for him to keep his form change, that if it can't keep the form change it has to go?

For all we know Greninja will decide to leave on its own rather than Ash deciding.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
For all we know Greninja will decide to leave on its own rather than Ash deciding.

I hope your trolling, cause if that happens, if that decision came to pass it would probably kill the show.

it's one thing to take away something that never should've existed to begin with, but to get rid of what is effectively his best water type? that is going to far.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
My simple true statement said absolutely nothing about Greninja being released.
New topic: What would you guys want for Greninja to do if he isn't leaving or being released?

It's obvious that Ash and Greninja are hugging because they learned that they complete each other. No need for that rat anymore. Off to Alola for their honeymoon! :p

Last edited:

Little Hero

New topic: What would you guys want for Greninja to do if he isn't leaving or being released?

Honestly, don't know. But, if he isn't released I can see him staying with Sycamore so he can study the Bond phenomenon, like some people have mentioned. Who knows? Perhaps the bond phenomenon is something similar to the Z moves and Greninja makes a cameo and stays, a la Charizard in BW (but you know, not in your face sort of appearance).

It's obvious that Ash and Greninja are hugging because they learned that they complete each other. No need for that rat anymore. Off to Alola for their honeymoon! :p

Ah...the happy couple. I wonder who caught Greninja's shuriken during the wedding?

Everybody mocked what i said, yet here we are and Ash-Greninja is 90% confirmed to be leaving.

This is the Mewtwo returning for Movie 16 situation all over again.

-Plausible theory.
-Insane backlash and complaints, "it will never happen" etc.
-Turns out to be very true and happening.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all appreciate peoples theories from now on, huh?

Maybe people just don't want to believe that the writers are flushing every good thing they've build in XY down the drain hole in these last couple of months...

The "league", SM anime and now Greninja leaving!? It's like a psychopath is writing this series.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Maybe people just don't want to believe that the writers are flushing every good thing they've build in XY down the drain hole in these last couple of months...

The "league", SM anime and now Greninja leaving!? It's like a psychopath is writing this series.
Yes because we never saw those things coming and those 3 complaints definitely ruin the entire anime as a whole. Not to mention, 2 of those things you've mentioned, we have barely any information on. ;)

shac

I would have had liked for Greninja to be left at the Ninja villae to continue training in the ninja way. Similar to how Charizard was left at the Charific valley to train.

Danny L

Everybody mocked what i said, yet here we are and Ash-Greninja is 90% confirmed to be leaving.

-Plausible theory.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all appreciate peoples theories from now on, huh?

LOL this is the saltiest comment I have ever seen

noakai

Its funny how one person made a random comment of Greninja being released because of that clip, and then all of a sudden everyone took it as fact and started saying it over and over again.

It's funny how you can't grasp that multiple people can see the same clip and come to the same conclusions.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

-Plausible theory.

Ooh here we go, the percentages are coming out now. I love posts that involve baseless percentages, they always give me a chuckle..

People are just making wild assumptions based on a hug. For all we know, it could be a heartwarming hug after Ash thought something bad was going to happen and the sad expression on his face is overwhelming relief that his friend is okay.

I just honestly can't see the thing leaving. The title and summary literally only talk about the form disappearing, not Greninja as a whole..

Janovy

Banned
For all we know, it could be a heartwarming hug after Ash thought something bad was going to happen and the sad expression on his face is overwhelming relief that his friend is okay.
I can already picture you ranting in the episode discussion thread after the episode airs.

The stronger the denial, the stronger the outburst.

Haunter ゴースト

Yeah we are all happy you are right, We shouldn't have actually expected much. You are right, this is the Pokemon anime and NOTHING goes in our favor. Kalos League, AmourShipping, and Ash-Greninja. The Kalos League is already gone and AmourShipping and Ash-Greninja are on the brink of defeat.

Yes, let us all cheer for the people who expected this to happen.

Greninja had a 50/50 chance of leaving just like every other character but people refused to admit it.

It's like the outcome of the Kalos league taught us nothing lol.

Exactly haha.

90% Greninja leaving? Where on earth do we get these percentages from?

I love how people suddenly thinking Greninja is being released to the point where they're "90%" sure its going to happen

Since it is essentially confirmed, i figured i'd wait until it actually was on screen to give it 100%.

Stop whining it's not that bad. Christ.

Ooh here we go, the percentages are coming out now. I love posts that involve baseless percentages, they always give me a chuckle..

Regardless, it's happenening. Ash-Greninja issl going.

colomb

-Plausible theory.

Sort of like when I suggested Noibat be Ash's final capture in early 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.