• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
So the same IKUZEfrog that went Tarzan-mode over Mega Sceptile's Frenzy Plant barrage is going to lose his form to standard plants...??

Johtohfiller

My guess is the Bond Phenomenon only activates when there's a serious threat to the world, once Xerosic is beaten Team Flare is done for good and it goes dormant.

Hopefully since Greninja is a hypemon they'll give it the Charizard treatment and let it come back later.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
greninja: sorry ash but kalos needs me to defend it...
ash: but greninja! i need you to stay with me so i can leave you at the lab and never use you again!
greninja: nope. you don't understand the dangerous threat plants pose to this region. you saw the s*** that happened in lumiose.
ash: i understand.....

srebak

Beginning Trainer
Maybe i am just grasping for straws here, but, what if that warm little scene between Ash and Ash-Greninja from that spoiler clip was not a goodbye moment, but instead was just a regular moment that only served to remind us just how close Ash and Greninja really are? Like, say, after they defeated Xerosic, they share that little scene as an emotional reinforcement of the fact that they did it with the help of a power that they access and share as a team. Just had to say that, please respond to it

TheMarvelMC

Kalos League Victor!
Maybe i am just grasping for straws here, but, what if that warm little scene between Ash and Ash-Greninja from that spoiler clip was not a goodbye moment, but instead was just a regular moment that only served to remind us just how close Ash and Greninja really are? Like, say, after they defeated Xerosic, they share that little scene as an emotional reinforcement of the fact that they did it with the help of a power that they access and share as a team. Just had to say that, please respond to it

If you take the scene entirely out of context, then it is possible that this is true. However, when you consider the title and everything, it's most likely a farewell moment. One thing that might indicate it's a "We did it!"scene is that Pikachu is smiling (IIRC) ... It might just be it's happy to finally see the frog that's stronger than it, and stole it's XY Spotlight, go. Strangely, I find that more likely.

srebak

Beginning Trainer
If you take the scene entirely out of context, then it is possible that this is true. However, when you consider the title and everything, it's most likely a farewell moment. One thing that might indicate it's a "We did it!"scene is that Pikachu is smiling (IIRC) ... It might just be it's happy to finally see the frog that's stronger than it, and stole it's XY Spotlight, go. Strangely, I find that more likely.

Was it ever confirmed undeniably that this was Greninja's farewell episode?

TheMarvelMC

Kalos League Victor!

Title kinda says it all. The scans help too. Also, most fans have come to the conclusion that the XY build-up was for nothing, so Greninja leaving would basically confirm that.

However, there has been no 100% confirmation. Just a lot of evidence put together

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I still hope that Greninja is stuck in his Ash Greninja form because of Xerosic's attempt to extract their bond phenomenon from them but fails.

Also yay! Malamar!!

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
greninja: sorry ash but kalos needs me to defend it...
ash: but greninja! i need you to stay with me so i can leave you at the lab and never use you again!
greninja: nope. you don't understand the dangerous threat plants pose to this region. you saw the s*** that happened in lumiose.
ash: i understand.....

I must go, my people need me.

Kalos is a giant wasteland devoid of plant life withing the year.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

What sticks out to me is that the title specifically mentions Ash-Greninja. Not just Greninja, so it seems more like a goodbye to the form than Greninja himself. Although that hugging scene at sunset might be a counter argument to it.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
The only confirmation is that something is happening to Greninja one way or the other... if he's released, he's not Ash's Pokemon anymore. If he's not released, then somehow Xerosic found some magic spell that makes Greninja lose his spiritual bond with Ash that allows him to transform.

Red and Blue

I still don't think they would get this emotional if it was just the form. Nor would they actually be hugging

Janovy

Banned
So I guess Xerosic's machine or magical plants somehow cause the transformation to stick? Because Ash is seen hugging Ash-Greninja in that picture.

kickachu

Momentai!
Also even if greninja is stuck in the form it can't protect kalos alone without ash

Status
Not open for further replies.