• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 27th: XY&Z047 - A Zero With No End! Till the Day we Meet Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elior

Unlock a world of casual fun and excitement with t
Why not give it a chance first? I like the idea of having more interactions with more kids. Maybe it will be fun.
i will give it a fair chance of one episode before decide if i will watch sun and moon or not

noakai

BW was the opposite of emotional because the departure episode was so badly handled, not because I didnt like Iris or Cilan which I did.

I hope XY's focus on Dedenne is ultimately minor and they put the majority of the focus on the people/pokemon that matter

I will never get over the fact that they literally put Iris and Dent on a bus and shipped them off. Both hilarious and sad.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I doubt that a pallet town reunion won't happen again. Oak and Delia are in the XY cake. So the Pallet Town reunion will happen at the end of this episode.

Janovy

Banned
I will never get over the fact that they literally put Iris and Dent on a bus and shipped them off. Both hilarious and sad.
That's hilarious because it was a train, not a bus. And it's sad because you're trying to make fun of BW's departure by telling lies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
That's hilarious because it was a train, not a bus. And it's sad because you're trying to make fun of BW's departure by telling lies.

Well you're right. I didn't understand at all what missnicolec is talking about. Maybe he's imagining things lol.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
You're kidding yourselves if you think more emotion will be shown by the characters here than the final Ash/Brock/Misty episode. Clemont and Serena presumably leaving on their own accord is alone enough in-universe reason to believe they won't show much.

That wasn't even sad anyway. It was more funny than anything lol. Misty that bike back (which is all she ever cared about) and Brock had already left and came back once before so it was obvious that he would do it again. Not to mention they both left of their own accord too.

And 4kids terrible music only made it worse. Should've at least kept some of the original stuff in like the show does now...

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
4Kids kept much more original music than Pokemon has now. Literally every dub episode I try to watch has these dumb bland instruments. Back during Johto we could have instrumental "OK!" Opening in dubbed episodes. Now? They remove any appearance of IKUZE.

As much as disliked they are for other causes, Pokemon-wise, 4Kids gave it a whole new life, compared to these random nobodies America (and sadly rest of the world by proxy) now has. Plenty of CD soundtracks, special merchandise existed them. Show me a released soundtrack of current company whatever it even is, I'm waiting.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Put on a bus is a trope where they send off characters and we never hear from them for a long time or ever again.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
4Kids kept much more original music than Pokemon has now. Literally every dub episode I try to watch has these dumb bland instruments. Back during Johto we could have instrumental "OK!" Opening in dubbed episodes. Now? They remove any appearance of IKUZE.

As much as disliked they are for other causes, Pokemon-wise, 4Kids gave it a whole new life, compared to these random nobodies America (and sadly rest of the world by proxy) now has. Plenty of CD soundtracks, special merchandise existed them. Show me a released soundtrack of current company whatever it even is, I'm waiting.

Uh no they didn't LOL. It's just flat out wrong and ridiculous to even say that. 4kids literally removed everything...PUSA at least kept in things like character themes, multiple battle themes, the instrumental themes for the ED's (i.e. In your Heart), and some other music like Freind's Anniversary, etc...And not only would 4kids replace everything with their own garbage excuse of "music", they would also insert their own random terrible jingles even when there was supposed to be silence...Replacing one song>>>>>>Replacing them all and then some..,PUSA has been a billion times better with actually keeping the original music in. Please do your research before you spout this bull.

4kids is disliked by proxy, they're disliked because literally every thing they did is horrible (including Pokemon). They censor things and completely alter storylines. Hence why they always lose their liscenses...

People actually think 4kids even kept in a little of the music, let alone more than TPCi? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh man, that was a great joke. They didn't keep in crap. Man, the nostalgia blindness is real.

Janovy

Banned
And schematics aside it was still badly done
Yeah, they should have done it like DP did it. You know, the trio joining forces to fight off Team Rocket together one last time....

oh right, they did.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Yeah, they should have done it like DP did it. You know, the trio joining forces to fight off Team Rocket together one last time....

oh right, they did.

Expert it didn't take up 90% of the episode, and Dawn/Brock's reason for leaving had prior buildup and their departures were actually given time and focus and didn't randomly make up new goals at the last possible second to find an excuse to leave Ash, and Piplup had his emotional moment with his best Pokemon friend Pikachu unlike Axew didn't get with Scraggy.

But otherwise yes the episodes are 1:1 exactly the same episode that follow exactly the same story beats

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Expert it didn't take up 90% of the episode, and Dawn/Brock's reason for leaving had prior buildup and their departures were actually given time and focus and didn't randomly make up new goals at the last possible second to find an excuse to leave Ash, and Piplup had his emotional moment with his best Pokemon friend Pikachu unlike Axew didn't get with Scraggy.

But otherwise yes the episodes are 1:1 exactly the same episode that follow exactly the same story beats
If anything, the goodbye was just poorly done since it wasn't sad at all. But the group saving their Pokémon by their own abilities and wits, stopping the TRio in the end was much better. I usually don't like TR showing up just to waste screentime but I still found the 90% take of the episode to be really entertaining and it shows that the group handled their own and worked together to get back their Pokémon.

But the goodbyes were horrible.

Janovy

Banned
Expert it didn't take up 90% of the episode, and Dawn/Brock's reason for leaving had prior buildup and their departures were actually given time and focus and didn't randomly make up new goals at the last possible second to find an excuse to leave Ash
I mean, I can agree about Dawn but...

Brock's Pokemon Doctor goal came out of NOWHERE. They literally introduced it the episode prior to the DP finale. You can't tell me that had prior buildup lol

Janovy

Banned
I would think Brock's obvious skills at taking care of Pokemon when their sick or injured also built that up to
They certainly built up to something, but the very goal of Pokemon Doctor was a random last-minute addition.

At the very end of Sinnoh League the writers were like 'oh ****, what we gonna do about Brock' and then they came up with a new goal for him.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
They certainly built up to something, but the very goal of Pokemon Doctor was a random last-minute addition.

At the very end of Sinnoh League the writers were like 'oh ****, what we gonna do about Brock' and then they came up with a new goal for him.

It was pretty rushed to be fair. Hinted at throughout the series because he was looking after Pokemon all the time but those skills could have just have applied to breeding and them suddenly Nurse Joy says he'd be a great doctor and he takes it to heart.

I prefer him being a doctor, but still came out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.