• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oct 27th: XY&Z047 - A Zero With No End! Till the Day we Meet Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidD001

Wow I didn't expect that the true full separation episode would happen exactly on my birthday.
But I knew that some kind of emotional episode would likely air on it.
to rip a saying from the first movie and turn it into my own version..."I was prepared for sadness but not for this."

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Dedenne should have complained about Goodra leaving forever, not the others, so this comes across as weird. He's just slightly better than Clemont's Luxray, but he was never that much into being the team's glue...

They didn't know how to do a new goodbye, so they decided to redo the Piplup episode.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
And we're supposed to care about Dedenne being upset? lol, it's the least interesting Pokemon on the cast since Goldeen. It's done jack ****.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The title actually makes sense. Ash is a zero himself, and this will not end. Of course people will get what I'm talking about.

Yeah.. A runner-up is just the first sucker in a long line of losers. #truth

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I guess maybe Serena and Shauna decide to do showcases in Kanto so they go home with Ash.

The part that confuses me is it says adventure, not adventures but then Dedenne doesn't want to leave the group.

The only explanation I got is that Papa Blaze doesn't let Bonnie go with the others for some reason?? It seems like Clemont might be going somewhere too, maybe Kanto as well.

Pikachu52

So they're giving the focus of an episode that, by it's title implies it's the finale, to Dedenne. I suppose it's one final opportunity to showcase the Kalosian "Pikachu clone" before moving on to S&M. I suppose it makes sense as Dedenne, while it appeared in every episode, didn't get a great deal of characterisation or attention. But it's kind of odd to have the plot revolve around "not wanting to say goodbye" trope, a plot line that was already used at the end of DP, featuring a character whom hadn't shown a great deal of affection for any of the other cast members. Most of it's time it's seen sleeping or sitting in Bonnie's purse. One gets the impression it joined up with the group because of the "cushy" lifestyle Bonnie offered it; mainly one of sleeping and eating with the occasional pampering and one or two battles. If they wanted to run the "not wanting to say goodbye" plot again I would have thought Chespin or Pancham might have been better suited. Obviously Greninja would not fit such a role.

volcanionmaster123

I guess maybe Serena and Shauna decide to do showcases in Kanto so they go home with Ash.

The part that confuses me is it says adventure, not adventures but then Dedenne doesn't want to leave the group.

The only explanation I got is that Papa Blaze doesn't let Bonnie go with the others for some reason?? It seems like Clemont might be going somewhere too, maybe Kanto as well.

Wait are you basing this on the wording of the summary or am I missing something? If you're somehow right, I've never thought of that

nickdt

I am gonna laugh if its Clemont who stays with Ash instead of Serena. I mean, Clembot is repaired at this point, thus the gym is in safe hands.

And obviously: The friends reference is Ash and his Pokemon. For Talonflame, Noivern and Hawlucha (Maybe Goodra and Greninja), Oaks lab will be a new adventure.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Man, the summary mades the episode seems a rehash of DP's last episode.

Sun e Moon is new Black and White confirmed

Anyway, I'm guessing that's the last episode for the XY series.

As for the first two weeks of November (aka the ones before the new game comes out), I'm guessing two possibilities:

- No episode at all. The anime took a break for a while. That way there's time for naruto to lend the time slot for a special and then pay for pre-empting in the day Sun and Moon premieres

- We are getting specials focusing on Serena and Clemont like it had happened with Brock, Dawn, Cilan and Iris before them.

nuzamaki90

I would've thought Chespin would be the one to take this role but I guess the writers realized one Chespin gets lost episode is good enough lol

DS0308

<--- Actually me
I almost don't want to see a companion special in the future for any of them because it would require me to see them in the SM animation style...

99 tears of sadness.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I almost don't want to see a companion special in the future for any of them because it would require me to see them in the SM animation style...

99 tears of sadness.

They do the specials in the previous series animation style, not that it'll matter since they'll look more or less the same anyways

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Man, the summary mades the episode seems a rehash of DP's last episode.

Sun e Moon is new Black and White confirmed

Anyway, I'm guessing that's the last episode for the XY series.

As for the first two weeks of November (aka the ones before the new game comes out), I'm guessing two possibilities:

- No episode at all. The anime took a break for a while. That way there's time for naruto to lend the time slot for a special and then pay for pre-empting in the day Sun and Moon premieres

- We are getting specials focusing on Serena and Clemont like it had happened with Brock, Dawn, Cilan and Iris before them.

Everybody is getting special episodes after leaving. It's confirmed.

Sun and Moon is really the new BW

noakai

I went and refreshed my own memory about previous finales so here it is so that nobody else has to:

OS finale: 116, Rival Showdown! Satoshi VS Shigeru!!:

Ash had already headed back to Pallet Town. Shenanigans happen, Ash battles Gary and loses. They spend a lot of the ep at the lab. Gary leaves for Johto. Oak gives Ash an errand in Johto and Brock says he'll go with Ash and Misty there. They all set off. Not sure how useful that is because nobody left anyway but I'm including it.

Johto arc, also the OS, finale: 273 Goodbye...and Then, Setting Off! and 274 Parting with Pikachu...!

Ash, Misty and Brock have set off in the direction of Pallet. Misty gets a call from her family's gym saying they need her to take over. Stuff happens and then they end up at the crossroads between Pallet, Cerulean City and Pewter City. Brock says he got an email saying he needs to go back to Pewter City. They all part ways, and Ash goes home. There, Ash decides to go to Hoenn. The last ep of OS has Ash on the ferry to Hoenn with the TRio.

Hoenn finale: AG191 Satoshi vs. Haruka! Last Battle!! and AG192 End of a Journey, and Then the Start of a Journey!

The gang headed to a town where May and Max would be able to catch a boat home. Ash and May compete in a Contest, where they eventually tie. May says she wants to go to Johto to compete in Contests alone and has for awhile, which means Max will have to go home. Max runs off because he's upset they're splitting up and that he'll have to go home. Eventually they find him and Ash promises to battle him one day. Max and May get on their boat, and Ash and Brock head towards Pallet. They reach the crossroads and split up and Ash heads home. He meets Gary, who is planning to go to Sinnoh and research Pokemon, and spends a lot of time at home and at the lab He battles Gary and loses again and Gary announces he's going to Sinnoh. Ash decides to go to Sinnoh and gets on a boat with the TRio clinging on.

Sinnoh finale: DP191 Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!

Everyone has gone to Dawn's house because they know they're splitting up soon. Ash invites Dawn and Brock back to Kanto with him but Dawn's Pokemon has landed a modeling contract so she can't leave Sinnoh. Piplup gets upset that everyone is leaving and runs off. They catch up to it and calm it down etc. Brock reveals he wants to be a Pokemon doctor so he'll have to stay in Pewter City from now on to study. They all head to the ferry port and say goodbye. Ash and Brock end up at their usual crossroads and say goodbye and Ash heads home, although he doesn't spend any time there in the actual episode.

Unova finale: BW141 Best Wishes! Until the Day We Meet Again!! and BW142 My Dream, Pokémon Master!!

Funnily enough, BW featured Ash arriving in Unova with his mom and Professor Oak on vacation/because Oak has conferences he needs to attend there. It ended with Dent and Iris saying goodbye to Ash at the very last part of the episode because those two want to start their own next adventure right away. They board the train and it pulls out at the end episode. The next episode was pretty much all taking place in Pallet Town with Oak, Delia and Alexa, with Ash being inspired to visit Kalos because of Alexa. Ash boards the plane at the end of the episode.

If I had to compare just based on the summaries of the next episodes and the theories, what we're gonna get is a mix of AG and BW. I can see them going either way with a Pallet episode, although I'd learn more towards having one than not having one just based on precedent. It wouldn't surprise me if the start of SM matches the start of BW, where they're going to Alola because of Oak's work or on vacation and Ash decides to stay.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I think there will be one more episode at least, SM comes out on the 13th? So I can see the Xy anime airing at least one episode on the 3rd November, that way it can have a week break before the new series starts

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Wait are you basing this on the wording of the summary or am I missing something? If you're somehow right, I've never thought of that

The summary. It clearly says everybody leaves on their adventure, not adventures meaning they are going to tje same place except for Bonnie.

AndStillISpin

That would make the "adventure" a plane ride if they're going to split up right afterwards in Kanto, which probably isn't what they mean.

I'd imagine the singular phrasing is just a misunderstanding. Nothing about the sentence indicates that Bonnie is leaving either, yet the sentence after deviates and suggests that she isn't a part of this collective adventure despite the fact that she's clearly a part of "Ash and the others".

Haunter ゴースト

I think there will be one more episode at least, SM comes out on the 13th? So I can see the Xy anime airing at least one episode on the 3rd November, that way it can have a week break before the new series starts

SM comes out on the 18th. I worked out things and we are likely to get 2 more episodes.

Starting with DP, each series begins roughly a week after the games so we can expect SM to begin on the 24th Nov.

When a Series ends, there is usually a break anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks.

From OS to AG, there was a normal 1 week break.

From AG to DP, there was a 2 week break.

From DP to BW there was a 2 week break.

From BW to XY there was a 3 week break.

Hopefully due to the recent 3 week break, it means we could see a normal 1 week break meaning 3 more episodes. If not a 2 week is likely which will result in 2 more episodes left. We have time for a reunion episode, man i hope it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.